Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 09:28 PM

10,023 posts, read 17,933,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock1729 View Post
The IMF and World Bank both came out of the Bretton Woods Conference in 1944 and weren't founded until 1944/1945. The Holocaust was in full swing long before then. So how could Hitler have been going against the IMF and World Bank in, say, 1943 when they didn't even exist?
Oh, but he "cross-referenced data" and "uncovered" the "fact" that it wasn't millions of Jews who died (as well as millions of others). But he's "just saying."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 01:24 AM

799 posts, read 1,090,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
NOT in the millions of Jews? Are you using Stormfront "references"? Where exactly are you getting your "data"?

You sound like a Holocaust denier yourself. Just saying.
No Stormfront references just logic and science and history.

Do you honestly believe the Holocaust, the Jews alone, was in the millions? I hope not, if that was the case don't you think the Jews would be extinct? It's really just revised history.

Old 02-16-2013, 01:37 AM

10,023 posts, read 17,933,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post

Do you honestly believe the Holocaust, the Jews alone, was in the millions? I hope not, if that was the case don't you think the Jews would be extinct? It's really just revised history.
Absolutely appalling. "Logic and science and history"? You clearly ARE a Holocaust denier.

I would suggest taking a legitimate history course but clearly Stormfront and similar "sources" are good enough for you.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:52 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,257,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post

Your logic is flawed. Your science has been debunked and your history is just that, revisionist.

Yes, every expert, with credibility of course, has come to the conclusion, during the Holocaust of WWII, anywhere from 5.8 to 6.2 million Jews were massacred. In the beginning, most were shot. This, however was found to be difficult to keep up with and had a psychological fallout on the SS Guards committing mass murder.

After which, the Jews (amongst others, although it was primarily jews) were rounded up, placed into ghettos, then slowly moved to Death Camps. Where they were gassed and cremated after.

Now, you can deny whatever you want, however the facts speak for themselves. If you want to continue to be an ignorant, racist, buffoon, so be it. No one here is going to change your mind; your hatred has clouded any judgement.

To the others, one of the best, if not the best, internet site on Holocaust Denial is the Nizkor Project. I suggest you spend some time reading through its pages.

Deceit & Misrepresentation: Techniques of Holocaust Denial

http://www.nizkor.org/

Old 02-16-2013, 05:51 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,798,724 times
To me it's like being a flat-earther. It requires seriously self-delusion.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:07 AM

88,057 posts, read 83,912,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak-rev View Post
There are a couple of reasons to denounce the "Holocaust" with a capital H.

The first is the meaning of the word holocaust has religious significance. Holocaust- A sacrificial offering that is consumed entirely by flames. This suggests that there was a purpose for this meaningless crime.

Second it causes people to treat the jewish people of today as victims. Victims generally feel that revenge is justified and can result in heinous crimes being committed against others.

This was a genocide and should be referred to as such, Holocaust is an inappropriate name.
I think some of you people are very young. The attempted annihilation of the Jews wasn't generally called "The Holocaust" until a TV movie of that name came out back in the 1970s. The movie title then got picked up and used as a general reference. I wouldn't go reading too deeply into the term.

I had dinner with a friend last night, and we were just talking about how when we were kids we both knew of delis or stores owned by Jews who still had their numbers tattooed on their arms. Do the deniers think that these people had that done just to perpetuate the story while they went about their business of making brisket on rye sandwiches?

Old 02-16-2013, 11:45 AM

23,709 posts, read 30,594,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL
Cross-reference data and you'll see those numbers were not in the million of "Jews" but people as in other ethnicities and races and religions.
Even if we follow your logic that they were mixed with other groups, it still doesn't change the fact that Jews were used as a target to rally people together to blame them for all their woes even though before the war started there were only 240,000 (out of 68.8 Million) in Germany. The Holocaust of the Jews is because they were the main theme of the war and not the total quantity of people who died during the war which is estimated on the low end of 38 Million people.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:43 PM

799 posts, read 1,090,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Even if we follow your logic that they were mixed with other groups, it still doesn't change the fact that Jews were used as a target to rally people together to blame them for all their woes even though before the war started there were only 240,000 (out of 68.8 Million) in Germany. The Holocaust of the Jews is because they were the main theme of the war and not the total quantity of people who died during the war which is estimated on the low end of 38 Million people.
No, Jews were not the main theme of the War, it was Axis Powers vs Allies Powers, even though it was generally just a big ass World War with all superpower contenders in the mix... Money rules the world, and you know the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Your logic is flawed. Your science has been debunked and your history is just that, revisionist.

Yes, every expert, with credibility of course, has come to the conclusion, during the Holocaust of WWII, anywhere from 5.8 to 6.2 million Jews were massacred. In the beginning, most were shot. This, however was found to be difficult to keep up with and had a psychological fallout on the SS Guards committing mass murder.

After which, the Jews (amongst others, although it was primarily jews) were rounded up, placed into ghettos, then slowly moved to Death Camps. Where they were gassed and cremated after.

Now, you can deny whatever you want, however the facts speak for themselves. If you want to continue to be an ignorant, racist, buffoon, so be it. No one here is going to change your mind; your hatred has clouded any judgement.

To the others, one of the best, if not the best, internet site on Holocaust Denial is the Nizkor Project. I suggest you spend some time reading through its pages.

Deceit & Misrepresentation: Techniques of Holocaust Denial

Holocaust Educational Resource
Though I have evidence and proof of my claims and you have yours, neither one of us will agree that the other is right. You label me an "ignorant, racist buffoon" because there is monumental evidence backing my claims. If you can't open your eyes objectively to understand and rather discuss the events that went on, no rebuttal is needed. You notice every other even can be revised in history but any argument against the claims of the Holocaust is automatically denial. Why is that?

Old 02-16-2013, 04:13 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,540,952 times
If someone believes about 200k-1m died,
but were not gassed, is that "holocaust" denial ?

Old 02-16-2013, 06:44 PM

18,799 posts, read 27,239,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
I came across a Holocaust denier the other day.

Now, to his credit, I suppose I would have to admit that I've never personally 'seen' any direct evidence.

but this is the delusional logic that the Christians often say for the existence of Jesus - ie: 'you weren't there 2000 yrs ago so how can you say it isn't true'.

is this what it's all about then?

ie: wanting to glorify the Nazi ideology so much, as a form of God, that all the negativity must be washed away - with a simple denial.

seems a little absurd, especially considering there is a ton of evidence.

thoughts?
You contradict yourself. You need to do your research. Find the evidence, as in - documents and such - or do NOT be able to find it, and then make up YOUR mind on this subject.

I'll

Faking It.

A Brief Textbook of American Democracy

by Fred Reed
  1. Free speech does not exist in America. We all know what we can't say and about whom we can't say it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology