Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 08:24 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't want to be a guy. I think I would get hit more. Plus keep up the manly code. Be all buff and pull the lawnmower cord once. Yeah!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 08:43 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,515,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
You sound like you've got a huge chip on your back and see all men as the enemy. I no more represent all men than Hitler represents all humans. It seems you have an extremely simplistic view of the world. Getting revenge for what my forefathers did to you? As if I should feel guilty for things outside of my control? Let me ask you, are you Native American? When was the last time you went to your local chief and grovelled at his feet for forgiveness?

Spouting ignorance to get back at what you see as oppressed just shows you're childish. Of course men have emotions, and you know it. And honestly, I have no idea what it's like to be patronized? Have you realised that women are not the sole unique group in the history of the world to be spoken down to and in fact, people get spoken down to all the time for all kinds of things? You know nothing about me or what I've experienced. Having a vagina doesn't automatically give you a monopoly on victimhood honey, or give you free reign to be a jerk to people.

Hello Mr. Ignorant, I am not childish nor do I have a chip on my shoulder. Next time you ask a question don't get pissed off by the honest answers you receive. If you had truly read my post thoroughly you would have noted that I was not bashing anyone. Your anger just shows that you become blinded with rage when upset. You are the only one acting like a child with a chip on his shoulder. Of course I realize women are not the only ones in history to have been oppressed. If you honestly think that it shows how really stupid you are. Nuff said.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:57 PM

947 posts, read 1,186,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GINGERSNAP1963 View Post
HA HA HA HA, you have no idea what it's like to be patronized! No idea what so ever. That was just a little sample deary. Men are only now beginning to feel the backlash of their own evils from thousands of years of oppressing females. It's rather frustating and painful when you're on the receiving end of it, isn't it? Too bad it is modern man, who are generally more compassionate towards women, that are the ones taking the brunt of punishment for what your forefather's did to us. But it is also how we teach you to be more considerate, obviously talking to you never changed your thinking. Maybe that's because men rarely, if ever, still truly listen to women. Ask any married woman if this is true or not.

And we all know men have had to squish their emotions down so that they can survive in this world - as a man. I think it comes from eons worth of doing this that it is now apart of a man's inherited brain structure. Men can't help it, it was women who pushed them into slaying the big saber tooth tiger for us so we must reap what we've sown.

As in the one poster who said women are more likely to desire both monetary support and physical protection from a man. You men sowed those seeds into us for thousands of years to keep us oppressed, now reap your crops, sweeties.

In other words, the very traits we dislike most in each other are ones we initially sewed into each other's nature. So basically, no one can point the finger at the other sex.
I don't think you meant to sound harsh, but I do understand what you're getting at. Societal expectations/gender roles are man-made anyway, and they are unfair to both genders. Now that we're starting to get away from these expectations, the people that are stuck in the past or raised by their parents to believe those expectations think there is something wrong with the opposite sex.

Let's ditch the societal expectations, and be whoever we want to be.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Man View Post
I don't think you meant to sound harsh, but I do understand what you're getting at. Societal expectations/gender roles are man-made anyway, and they are unfair to both genders. Now that we're starting to get away from these expectations, the people that are stuck in the past or raised by their parents to believe those expectations think there is something wrong with the opposite sex.

Let's ditch the societal expectations, and be whoever we want to be.

Totally agree. They are way too outdated. And you're right, it was not my intention to sound harsh and thank you for noticing and stating that. I adore men, and I actually prefer their company of females, but I was trying to defend another female poster who had just been pimp-slapped by the op for answering his question as honestly as she could. It sounded like her answer was coming from the heart and the nurturing grizzly momma in me had to roar in her defense.

Last edited by GINGERSNAP1963; 03-01-2013 at 06:39 AM..

Old 03-01-2013, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I wouldn't want to be a guy. I think I would get hit more. Plus keep up the manly code. Be all buff and pull the lawnmower cord once. Yeah!
I didn't even think of it from this angle. I was too busy defending another woman poster when I answered the first time. Wow, yeah, getting hit hurts and I'd rather not have to endure that. In their own way men have to live up to "perfect" standards the way women do, ie. lawnmower cord was an excellent example. I'll stick to living up to a woman's standards-when we're having a bad skin day or hair day there is always make up and barrettes.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:22 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
I've never been hit nor have I ever hit anyone. I hope to have it stay that way. If you don't go out looking for trouble you probably won't find it.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:24 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Hello Mr. Ignorant, I am not childish nor do I have a chip on my shoulder. Next time you ask a question don't get pissed off by the honest answers you receive. If you had truly read my post thoroughly you would have noted that I was not bashing anyone. Your anger just shows that you become blinded with rage when upset. You are the only one acting like a child with a chip on his shoulder. Of course I realize women are not the only ones in history to have been oppressed. If you honestly think that it shows how really stupid you are. Nuff said.
So you say all those things to wind people up and I try to calmly defend myself and you're painting me to have anger management problems or I'm over-reacting? Way to sound passive aggressive. But yeah, I didn't know how serious you were, things don't always translate, but it sounded like you were. Anyway, what you said just sounded really ignorant, really hardly worth responding to.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:12 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
I didn't even think of it from this angle. I was too busy defending another woman poster when I answered the first time. Wow, yeah, getting hit hurts and I'd rather not have to endure that. In their own way men have to live up to "perfect" standards the way women do, ie. lawnmower cord was an excellent example. I'll stick to living up to a woman's standards-when we're having a bad skin day or hair day there is always make up and barrettes.
Heck yeah hitting in the face, swirly in the toilet, driving a cool car, smelling ripe, asking chicks out, good at sports or way smart...plus having a dingle hopper. Being a man seems rough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I've never been hit nor have I ever hit anyone. I hope to have it stay that way. If you don't go out looking for trouble you probably won't find it.
Trimac that's because your a good boy. Have you seen my comments? Lmao! A dude would either laugh or hit me.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:54 AM

947 posts, read 1,186,927 times
Quote:
Gawd, I hate those kind of lawnmowers lol

Old 03-01-2013, 10:47 AM

1,458 posts, read 2,659,026 times
Gender roles aren't 100% man made. There are characteristics and tendencies that are inborn, and largely present in one gender or the other, in varying mixtures and degrees (the trans people in the OP being the exceptions.)

The point a PP made about women bearing children and biologically requiring some form of being cared for, even if only for a brief period, is an interesting one. We also seek assistance during birth; animals, by and large, don't do that. Even if it is other women caring for one another, perhaps it is easier to accept for us.

I would love to experience sex as a man. I am not interested in living day to day life as one, however. Not unless I could be a very wealthy man just after the invention of sulfa drugs and modern anesthesia! Then I'm in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology