Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 07:35 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
I think that can be hard when you easily lose energy when around others.

I learned how to strike a balance. Enjoy my alone time, but seek out others when need be because if I don't, I'll end up having an awkward thought process and enter into isolation without realizing it because I don't get the "You're lonely" signal often.
I've been told I'm an old soul, and occasionally especially a friend connects and they seem to benefit from just having someone listen. But then, its exhausting to me. I wouldn't say my thought process was 'awkward' because I prefer to keep people at a distance. I'm not lonely.

To say you end up with 'awkward' thought processes because your not lonely is saying your thinking wrong. I and othes who are high on that I rating just prefer to not be in social situations. It's neither more right or wrong than those who are fueled by them.

One friend I just finally quit talking to since each and every converstation was a drain of energy, but shw was destroying herself and no amount of words was going to change it.

My idea of 'service' would be doing some typing or writing for someone who does service to people. I can't stand a room full of people. I'm also very empathic and a lot of people in close touch and I'm outta there. I think if you don't want to be with people there are ways you could help if you had a way to find them.

We are who we are. Nothing wrong with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2013, 08:43 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,997,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I've been told I'm an old soul, and occasionally especially a friend connects and they seem to benefit from just having someone listen. But then, its exhausting to me. I wouldn't say my thought process was 'awkward' because I prefer to keep people at a distance. I'm not lonely.

To say you end up with 'awkward' thought processes because your not lonely is saying your thinking wrong. I and othes who are high on that I rating just prefer to not be in social situations. It's neither more right or wrong than those who are fueled by them.

One friend I just finally quit talking to since each and every converstation was a drain of energy, but shw was destroying herself and no amount of words was going to change it.

My idea of 'service' would be doing some typing or writing for someone who does service to people. I can't stand a room full of people. I'm also very empathic and a lot of people in close touch and I'm outta there. I think if you don't want to be with people there are ways you could help if you had a way to find them.

We are who we are. Nothing wrong with it.
Yeah, for me my thinking was awkward because I wasn't bouncing my thoughts off of others and interacting with my world. I wasn't reality testing. It would reach a point where I would start thinking things like, "Why do people hate me so much?" "People think I'm bat ish crazy!" etc etc. And it wasn't based on reality or what was actually going on in my world around me but on thoughts I would have that involved my own imagination and theories. I was just talking about myself...not an extension of others.

I like social situations and talking to people about their lives etc, etc. I get joy from being able to express myself and I like exploring other people's worlds. But, like an introvert, I only feel that strong affinity to a select few. But my joy doesn't come from servitude positions like nursing, or ministry, psych, or activism/volunteering. I thought that would be my passion and it turns out that all I really want to do at this point in my life is to learn how to verbally communicate more effectively. :/

Old 03-19-2013, 09:36 AM

1,589 posts, read 2,134,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
I'm an INFJ according to Myer's Briggs and Jung. But I don't feel called to "serve". I'm more observant and philosophical in nature and tend to enjoy that aspect of life which is why I love forums. I learn things while here because we're discussing seemingly random stuff I wouldn't get to discuss elsewhere.

Any INFJs out there who don't feel called to serve?
I am INFJ... don't feel called to serve overall. But when I see a person kind of lost, needing help, I feel sorry for them and tend to want to help (but I actually help only if it's something I like doing).

Last edited by LoveWisdom; 03-19-2013 at 09:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology