Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 08:12 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,107,107 times

Advertisements

So many of my posts have been in regards to my working conditions and taking care of pickup truck payments.
These two things are driving me mad and I'm basically afraid of suffering a breakdown or a heart attack of some type.

At this point, I'm ready to just take on any job that will allow for basic needs and that's it.
I feel as though maintaining my credit score has taken precedence over health and well being.
But, I'm guessing if I ignore one completely, the other task may soon become hindered.

I'm thinking of just letting my truck fall into repo and just take a lower paying/low hours job in order to save myself.

Honestly, a bad credit score seems to be easier to deal with than being crippled by a heart ailment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 08:51 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,128 times
No-brainer! You can always do something about your credit rating. Your health is and should always be a priority!

Old 07-20-2015, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
No-brainer! You can always do something about your credit rating. Your health is and should always be a priority!
Sadly, I'm beyond caring any more

Old 07-20-2015, 09:11 PM

615 posts, read 666,321 times
What are your working conditions?

Old 07-20-2015, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 505HPC6Z05 View Post
What are your working conditions?
I'm a local, milk tanker truck driver.
We work five days a week, or more.
But our start times are different each day.

We essentially have to call in to check for our start time the next shift as it's all dependent on how the cows are milking.
One day, it's 4 pm to 6am.
Another day it's 2 pm to 5am.
More time is usually used when looking for a truck and trailer to use at the yard.
And since I'm not a sociable person, you typically have to speak with dispatch and dairy personnel quite often.

Any ways, I'm too tired to get any sort of muscle/running work outs in at the end of the day and with nothing to really look forward to, why make yourself look a health freak.

Old 07-20-2015, 09:57 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Having awesome credit isn't going to matter much if you succumb to a stress-related ailment.

Do you have the option of switching to another position within your field that at least has semi-regular or consistent hours? It's very hard to build and maintain a physically or mentally healthy lifestyle when you never know what your working hours are going to be, and the type of work is emotionally taxing for you.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:08 PM

615 posts, read 666,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstrider View Post
I'm a local, milk tanker truck driver.
We work five days a week, or more.
But our start times are different each day.

We essentially have to call in to check for our start time the next shift as it's all dependent on how the cows are milking.
One day, it's 4 pm to 6am.
Another day it's 2 pm to 5am.
More time is usually used when looking for a truck and trailer to use at the yard.
And since I'm not a sociable person, you typically have to speak with dispatch and dairy personnel quite often.

Any ways, I'm too tired to get any sort of muscle/running work outs in at the end of the day and with nothing to really look forward to, why make yourself look a health freak.
What is bad for me may not be bad to you and vise-versa. I do not think that is such a bad working condition that your health is impacted. At least not to the point where you have no options. I think you have options, but can't see them. I keep an exercise band with me and use that for curls, punching exercises, upper body and lower body.

This big ass rubber band with a handle at each end can stow into a very small area and it is very light. No need to join a gym or carry heavy weights. Work out wherever (home, park, beach, etc).

It is resistance training and keeps my muscles from going to flab. I hear you want exercise, consider that approach. No need to worry about credit and your truck payments. After a couple weeks, you'll get more energy, sleep better and your thoughts will become more positive from it.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Having awesome credit isn't going to matter much if you succumb to a stress-related ailment.

Do you have the option of switching to another position within your field that at least has semi-regular or consistent hours? It's very hard to build and maintain a physically or mentally healthy lifestyle when you never know what your working hours are going to be, and the type of work is emotionally taxing for you.
I mentioned it on another thread, but it would involve packing up and moving again.
I'm more than likely going to do it though.
It's just too bad I couldn't find any thing in Albuquerque like I was wanting to.
A real cultural gem compared to the LA/So Cal clone of where the company transfer is to, Phoenix.
I did what I could to make it last over here.

Three years later, and it's blowing up in my face.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:12 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 505HPC6Z05 View Post
What is bad for me may not be bad to you and vise-versa. I do not think that is such a bad working condition that your health is impacted. At least not to the point where you have no options. I think you have options, but can't see them. I keep an exercise band with me and use that for curls, punching exercises, upper body and lower body.

This big ass rubber band with a handle at each end can stow into a very small area and it is very light. No need to join a gym or carry heavy weights. Work out wherever (home, park, beach, etc).

It is resistance training and keeps my muscles from going to flab. I hear you want exercise, consider that approach. No need to worry about credit and your truck payments. After a couple weeks, you'll get more energy, sleep better and your thoughts will become more positive from it.
I think the bigger problem is that he seems depressed. So the motivation is not there. It's a nasty cycle.

Old 07-20-2015, 11:09 PM

4,761 posts, read 14,288,731 times
My grandma knew the answer to this (as well as many other things in life)...

She said, "You have your health, you have everything!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology