Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 02:16 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,020,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicowl84 View Post
This is EXACTLY, and I mean, EXACTLY, like me. I feel as though I am incapable of love, I feel nothing for others, but as you do, I do quite a good job at faking it. I completely disagree with any of those who commented that it is purely narcissism that causes you to be like this. I am not narcissistic, and I am not in denial, so they cannot immediately rule out all other options besides narcissism. But my main point is that it feels (oh my god I'm feeling something) so, so... relieving to know that there is someone out there who (almost word for word) sounds exactly like me, in this area. So although I do not have any advice, as I am in the same anti-love boat, I want you to know that (though you may not care, I don't know what type(s) of caring your incapability of feeling affects) someone out there feels exactly like you and is grateful that you have shown them they are not entirely alone in this. I hope it gets easier for you, if I find any solutions or concrete explanations to this, I'll let you know.
I have a solution for you.

Look up Soul Ties and Ancestral Generational Dissociation. People can be and are, for want of a better word 'cursed' by things their immediate and previous ancestors have done. It's the same principle as inheriting physical maladies, only it is associated with the soul, aka mind, will and emotions. The solution is in the spiritual - fortunately, we can effect it, because there is One who is stronger than the problem.

Let me know where you're at with this so far, and then we can go further.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2016, 06:14 PM

8,012 posts, read 8,175,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Wow that's incredibly sad. Maybe you should start with something simple like raising a puppy. Have you ever formed any kind of lasting attachment with anything? I feel sorry for you. I can't imagine living with such an empty soul.
Wow, calling the OP an empty souless person is sure to help them

Old 02-05-2016, 10:55 AM

26,684 posts, read 41,565,182 times
In honesty, I can't say I have really loved anyone, even more honestly I'm not sure it's necessarily a bad thing. My mother, I respect her as my mother and "superficially" love her, but damn sure don't deeply love her. My father, I loved him as a child, until I saw that he did not really love me like I needed him to.

Last edited by The Dissenter; 02-05-2016 at 11:18 AM..

Old 02-05-2016, 11:54 AM

20,687 posts, read 19,833,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicowl84 View Post
This is EXACTLY, and I mean, EXACTLY, like me. I feel as though I am incapable of love, I feel nothing for others, but as you do, I do quite a good job at faking it. I completely disagree with any of those who commented that it is purely narcissism that causes you to be like this. I am not narcissistic, and I am not in denial, so they cannot immediately rule out all other options besides narcissism. But my main point is that it feels (oh my god I'm feeling something) so, so... relieving to know that there is someone out there who (almost word for word) sounds exactly like me, in this area. So although I do not have any advice, as I am in the same anti-love boat, I want you to know that (though you may not care, I don't know what type(s) of caring your incapability of feeling affects) someone out there feels exactly like you and is grateful that you have shown them they are not entirely alone in this. I hope it gets easier for you, if I find any solutions or concrete explanations to this, I'll let you know.
So why are you faking it and don't just stay single? Why do you lie to others about love?

You don't love but you don't want to be alone? What do you want? I don't understand ....

I don't think that counseling will help you develop feelings that aren't there.

Old 02-06-2016, 09:53 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,865,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Wow, calling the OP an empty souless person is sure to help them
*raising hand* I cop to empty and soulless. And to cold, detached and uncaring. This has been lifelong.

Everything the OP said minus the unfaithfulness to partners part. Yep.
#relatable

I never felt much for my children, though I tried to take impeccable care of them, and had a strong sense of my responsibility, emotions were pretty absent. I was like an efficient nanny, but not the fun kind, more the old school Scottish kind (I am Italian and Hungarian by ethnicity).

Overall I feel just a few emotions:
disgust
irritation
aversion
agitation
depending on what/who is in my immediate environment. To varying degrees. Aversion is the biggest and strongest one.

When no one/nothing that triggers any of the above is near -like a human being- the best it ever gets is neutral or mildly amused.

I've never attached to a human being not a single one. Never felt jealousy, nor missed anyone, nor sad, nor happy, nor excited nor proud nor ashamed. I have a hard time understanding how those things "feel", as I have only descriptions to go by.
It'd be like knowing how labor feels if you have never had a child; there's just no way to understand.

I DO have huge compassion for animals, some elderly folk, not so much for children and none for adults.

I was reared by a sadistic Mother and relatives who ignored the abuse and catered to the abuser. I have no idea why.
So I have a good "excuse". BUT my kids were not abused in any fashion, nor mistreated, though they received no love, and each of the four is just like me. So how much of it is genetic I cannot say.

Last edited by VexedAndSolitary; 02-06-2016 at 10:11 PM..

Old 02-07-2016, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
. .....BUT my kids were not abused in any fashion, nor mistreated, though they received no love, and each of the four is just like me. So how much of it is genetic I cannot say.
It's not genetic at all - as in genes, of the physical body. It is 'broken soul' fragments passed down from previous generations - the issues exist in your mind, will, and emotions. They are both spiritually and legally passed onto the next generation through the blood line - the bloodline is the legal right, but it is not the blood (genes) by which they transmit or where they are resident in a person. Your soul lives in your Spirit, which are both in your body whilst your body - the literal machine part of you, is alive. When your body dies, your Spirit and soul leave it behind.

As per the other post I wrote above, I can vouch that both my wife and I have dealt with Ancestral Broken soul fragments and have significantly reduced or eliminated the tie to us and our children from the previous generations/ancestors.

If you're not sure what the effects of these broken soul fragments are it is as per this thread, an inability to have the feelings associated with love, and many more issues.

The key is found in Hebrews 4:12 in the bible. The spirit, even your spirit, can access your soul by 'dividing soul and Spirit', and you can speak to the issues, literally, and command them to go - you have the authority - its your bloodline - the authority comes and the legal right (for it to remain) is broken through acknowledging the behaviour was wrong. The best way we found was to vicariously act out as a previous ancestor, and repent from whatever the issue was that caused their (if vicarious, now "my") broken soul, and repent and renounce that attitude one was holding. When you do this, as that person, you become free because you dealt with it for them and the Generational curse/tie is broken to you and your children at that point. You have to speak it out to your self.

The type of things that need repenting (being sorry for) are lack of love, hate, murder, jealousy, bitterness, anger, rape, rage, rejection, etc. Many of you will know the person and the behaviour they acted out toward you, so that is the one you start with.

It takes a bit of courage to do the above, but it does work. You may, probably will, feel emotional, when going through the process - don't worry, when your 'spiritual-self' accesses your soul self in this way there are powerful, meaningful transactions happening.

The key issue is to get around blaming a previous ancestor - you have to get round that to be able to repent for them.

Last edited by Age-enduring; 02-07-2016 at 12:45 AM..

Old 02-07-2016, 12:56 AM

^^^I'm sure you mean well and are trying to help and all and are sincere but that sort of stuff gets the big eyeroll from me along with fairies, magic spells, dreamcatchers and ouija boards et al.

I don't believe in souls, I just made the soulless reference as a joke.

I'm more machine-like than anything else. I'd claim to be a sociopath but I cannot bear animal suffering in any form, and don't act out in socially unacceptable manner as sociopaths are reputed to do. I behave normally and in RL am respectable and ordinary and have led a sheltered middle class life.

I have zero interest in harming any humans, just no interest in the way I have zero interest in ice fishing or auto repair or camping. But I couldn't care less if someone (adult) IS harmed; just like I don't care if they go ice fishing or fix autos all day long, as long as I am not expected to join in or lend a hand.

Now an animal being abused or even neglected triggers a strong reaction of anguish and rage. Peeps who hurt animals, I could do harm to and with a smile. If I bore witness to it I would prob become violent and take risks to help the animal; I am normally very very risk-aversive and self-protective. I've never had to test this but I have investigated dogs in sketchy neighborhoods, by myself, and have removed three (separate occasions) from yards/chains, just took them. My daughter has one of them and it is a spoiled baby.

Old folks being mistreated makes me disgusted and mad, I'd step in but with less passion and determination than to help an animal.

Peeps who hurt kids trigger my disgust reaction strongly but I don't get all protective like I do towards the animals.

Wonder if any other nutjobs will post herein.

Last edited by VexedAndSolitary; 02-07-2016 at 01:09 AM..

Old 02-07-2016, 01:08 AM

I don't think you're a nutjob, ...unless you're referring to me. LOL

There are probably other means of readjusting ones self emotionally that therapists use - I'm not a qualified counsellor - mechanical engineer by training - have just spent a lot of time learning about the structure of body, soul and spirit and the spiritual realm.

You may not believe in the soul / spirit, but that is the way it is, and the above method works. Of course, you are free to take it or leave it, but anyone desperate enough has nothing to lose by giving it a try.

Love,

P.S. we don't ice fish in the UK, but I can see the appeal.

Old 02-07-2016, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
I don't think you're a nutjob, ...unless you're referring to me. LOL

There are probably other means of readjusting ones self emotionally that therapists use - I'm not a qualified counsellor - mechanical engineer by training - have just spent a lot of time learning about the structure of body, soul and spirit and the spiritual realm.

You may not believe in the soul / spirit, but that is the way it is, and the above method works. Of course, you are free to take it or leave it, but anyone desperate enough has nothing to lose by giving it a try.

Love,

P.S. we don't ice fish in the UK, but I can see the appeal.

HA No I am the above referenced nutjob

Sorry Charlie spirit realm is just so much bunk IMO.

And some folk are beyond help. Don't be a cockeyed optimist.

Old 02-07-2016, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
HA No I am the above referenced nutjob

Sorry Charlie spirit realm is just so much bunk IMO.

And some folk are beyond help. Don't be a cockeyed optimist.
No worries. Thanks for the rep. Just remember we had this conversation!

And you 'guessed' my real name.

Charles
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology