Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 08:59 PM

353 posts, read 580,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
you could also look at it this way, what's done is done. Whatever opportunities you think you may have missed need to be pursued again or perhaps you can look to develop some new opportunities for yourself.

Also, it's not over until it's over so if you want a PhD and you want to travel you can still do those things especially in light of the fact the your son lives with his father. I am sorry to hear that you were somehow forced into motherhood and if you can find a way to get past that hurt and resentment whether with a professional or some other outlet. Just a thought for you to ponder.

Some mothers may not be treated as you would expect, however, perhaps you can change that to suit your expectations. Whatever you can do for yourself do it now rather than later or never and best wishes to you.

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...
You are right.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:11 PM

Anyways, to avoid any negativity, I have reported this thread as offensive and rude. I am clearly misunderstood and wrote things I did not mean.

My apologies. I need to manages how I express myself better in the online communities.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
did your family made you f*ck with your husband? or did you do it without condom and birth control just to make your family happy?
The answer to your disturbing question the is : NO I did not have sex with him until we got married. He just made sure I got pregnant before I realized he was on probation.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:50 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_fox13 View Post
I hate being a mother. I do love my son, he is a sweet little person, but I hate being a mother. All the abuse I had to take was associated with being a mother. I see other mothers sometimes being privileged with benefits, support, caring husband, respect etc... Me, on the other hand was always treated like second class citizen because of that. On the top of being birth control sabotaged and forced into motherhood, is this normal to feel such a resentment towards everything associated with motherhood?
I've been thinking about your post. It sounds to me as if you are living in resentment, remembering past injustices, and feeling deprived by society of something you feel you deserved.

If you do love your son, it would be better to try and transcend what happened to you in the past. It is over and done, and you have this gift of today. How you live your life is certainly influenced by past bad experiences, but it is a great waste of yourself to spend psychic energy on the bad old past.

Not every mother has the support you describe. Not every mother has an easy life or a good marriage. But you are alive, you have a son you love, and you should be living your life right now. The past is over and done. It is useless to dwell in jealousy and resentment. I want to encourage you to try to live in a positive way right now.

Good luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology