Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 03:21 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
OP, even if your wife won't go to counseling, could you go? Maybe ask for some help dealing with her and making things better for the kids? Could the kids go? Might do them a world of good.
I have been going to counseling for years, and it has helped me deal with this woman's insanity. But it doesn't change the fact that she's insane. Just a couple of days ago, my son was badly injured playing sports. He had to have surgery. Just this morning this miserable b---- tells me she's really angry because now to help our son recover "she has to stay and play nice." She went on to bytch and moan about how we're in limbo and she can't make any moves because now he's sick. I literally wanted to kill her. What an appalling thing to say.

I continue to tell her that it's not going to matter what moves she makes because I will not consent to a divorce and I will not leave the children or the house. Being with her makes me feel both homicidal and suicidal.

Quote:
You see your choices as "stay and be miserable" or "leave and lose the kids." Are you sure those are your only options? I understand that it's difficult financially, but are there other jobs or roommate situations you could find that would ease the financial burden?
I already work multiple jobs/gigs/hustles. I am always looking for ways to make money. If I were a single man I would have no problem living an ascetic, flintily frugal existence, but with kids I can't do that. They have to live in a similar situation to what they have now, a stable place where they won't have to move to another school and where they have enough space to thrive.

Quote:
Are you sure your wife wouldn't be fair about the kids if you divorced? Sounds like she would be happier too if all you do is fight.
She tells me she would be fair, but I don't trust her word. She's a nasty, vindictive individual who would rather see me hurt than see the kids happy. It's as simple as that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 09:11 PM

2,634 posts, read 3,693,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I have been going to counseling for years, and it has helped me deal with this woman's insanity. But it doesn't change the fact that she's insane. Just a couple of days ago, my son was badly injured playing sports. He had to have surgery. Just this morning this miserable b---- tells me she's really angry because now to help our son recover "she has to stay and play nice." She went on to bytch and moan about how we're in limbo and she can't make any moves because now he's sick. I literally wanted to kill her. What an appalling thing to say.

I continue to tell her that it's not going to matter what moves she makes because I will not consent to a divorce and I will not leave the children or the house. Being with her makes me feel both homicidal and suicidal.
Oh yeah, this is a great atmosphere for the children to live and grow up in.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran66 View Post
Oh yeah, this is a great atmosphere for the children to live and grow up in.
If you can do better, I'm all ears.

Old 06-01-2013, 04:21 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,478,979 times
If she is clinically insane the next time she goes nuts or attacks you then you need to call the police and get her on a 48 or 72 hr. hold where she can be evaluated. Are you renting or do you both own a home together? Is there a way that she would leave the home and you remain with the children?

Old 06-01-2013, 04:23 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,478,979 times
OP, it sounds like you are going to stay in the home and keep things status quo because you feel you won't get the kids. I certainly understand you wanting the children to be safe, but is staying there with your wife and all the insanity brought on by that healthy for your children to be around?

Old 06-01-2013, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
If she is clinically insane the next time she goes nuts or attacks you then you need to call the police and get her on a 48 or 72 hr. hold where she can be evaluated. Are you renting or do you both own a home together? Is there a way that she would leave the home and you remain with the children?
I've been reluctant to involve the cops, etc., but I have warned her that if she starts another incident (there have been about five cop-worthy ones in total) I will call them. We own the home together. I don't see her leaving the home without taking the kids.....and I ain't gonna let her take the kids.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
OP, it sounds like you are going to stay in the home and keep things status quo because you feel you won't get the kids. I certainly understand you wanting the children to be safe, but is staying there with your wife and all the insanity brought on by that healthy for your children to be around?
No it is not......but I have no place to go and will not leave her with the kids.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:41 AM

2,634 posts, read 3,693,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I would....but I am stuck for financial and family reasons. Don't want to lose the ability to raise my kids in a divorce, and can't afford to maintain two residences.
Well, then you're just going to have to live with it.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran66 View Post
Well, then you're just going to have to live with it.
Stuck.

Old 06-01-2013, 07:29 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Obsession may not be love as most define it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology