Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 03:15 PM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
That's interesting. Could you expound on that?
Our unconscious brain can't really organized thoughts that we store there during the day or week for that matter. I think how we feel about something comes through symbolically. When we have a dream about trying get home, the home is sometimes a place holder for ourselves. The sex part of the dream may just be a result of those hormones being highest near the time we wake up and we have more vivid dreams near that time also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 03:38 PM

936 posts, read 2,061,001 times
Quote:
Partially true. In the dream I was not ambivalent about him. I thought he was, for lack of a better word; "hot". The fact that he was "the devil" didn't make him revolting or off limits to me - not while dreaming.

When I awakened I was revolted. Not as much by the fact that he was the devil, but why; if I am the directer, producer and casting director of this dream, why put a man who is unattractive in this role?

Actually, I do feel ambivalent about several things in my life right now. Also, we have been thinking of adoption, (we already have two children, one by adoption) and I had difficulty becoming pregnant.

So you are very close.

I also felt annoyed at the devil for loving this other woman, who by remote viewing, I knew was less attractive that I. That annoyed me.
Maybe you were seeing this guy in your dream--the guy your conscious mind finds repulsive, and your dream-self found attractive--is the biological father of the baby you're trying to adopt? He's giving you the baby you want but can't have with your husband/boyfriend/partner? (Sorry about the slashes, but I don't know your situation.)

Old 07-31-2013, 03:42 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,599,129 times
Quote:
Partially true. In the dream I was not ambivalent about him. I thought he was, for lack of a better word; "hot". The fact that he was "the devil" didn't make him revolting or off limits to me - not while dreaming.

When I awakened I was revolted. Not as much by the fact that he was the devil, but why; if I am the directer, producer and casting director of this dream, why put a man who is unattractive in this role?

Actually, I do feel ambivalent about several things in my life right now. Also, we have been thinking of adoption, (we already have two children, one by adoption) and I had difficulty becoming pregnant.

So you are very close.

I also felt annoyed at the devil for loving this other woman, who by remote viewing, I knew was less attractive that I. That annoyed me.
You were invilved with an incubus, a demonic being. This is not a psychological problem; it is a spiritual concern. In my psychic practice I've had experience with these beings. Some are weak; some are powerful. But if the incubus has you in control it's very difficult to expel him.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:38 PM

128 posts, read 231,452 times
That wasn't just a dream...it was a friggin nightmare...poor thing you!

Old 07-31-2013, 05:26 PM

24,109 posts, read 32,460,014 times
I can tell you that it wasn't at all pleasant. I've had insomnia ever since.

Old 07-31-2013, 05:39 PM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times
I wouldn't let it bother you. Our unconscious mind is like a child running around in a room picking things up and putting them in its mouth. I would try to think back to the days before you had the dream and try to remember if the devil was referenced by anything that you heard or saw.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 07-31-2013 at 06:57 PM..

Old 07-31-2013, 06:47 PM

1,787 posts, read 5,746,843 times
I think you did something you didn't want to do to have a good outcome. i.e., you didn't want to move to a new town, but did because of a wonderful job offer....something like that.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:57 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,298,103 times
I wouldn't worry, Sheena. My hunch is that you have had thoughts occasionally about the devil. I'm guessing you occasionally think about sex too. I don't think its that hard when these things are stored in your subconscious mind for them to blend together. The presence of the devil in your dreams may speak to fears, the unknown, uncertainties.

I had a dream once where I was being chased by the devil. I couldn't imagine the source for it. Even back than I didn't spend much time thinking about such things.

I can't do more than give you the same advice I give my children when they sleep. Try to think of pleasant things before you go to bed.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:01 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,285,568 times
Quote:
You cracked me up! Thanks! I was going to add that I had not recently seen "Rosemary's Baby", but I didn't because I wasn't sure how many people would be old enough to catch the reference. ...
Yes look for hidden doors which go to the apartment next door. And don't drink any beverages overly friendly neighbors start bringing you!

Old 09-28-2013, 03:19 PM

153 posts, read 138,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
You were invilved with an incubus, a demonic being. This is not a psychological problem; it is a spiritual concern. In my psychic practice I've had experience with these beings. Some are weak; some are powerful. But if the incubus has you in control it's very difficult to expel him.
I am not sure of this, of course, but I suspect that Happy in Wyoming may be correct: It sounds as though you were visited by an incubus (assuming you are a woman) or, if you're a man, a succubus. As you may know, these are spirits who attempt to control humans through sex, often during sleep or when a person is not yet fully asleep. Sometimes a person awakes from a sound sleep to feel the spirit attempting to enter him/her in a sexual way. Other encounters, such as the one you describe, occur during the dream cycle when a person may be more vulnerable to the sexual advances of an incubus or succubus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology