U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 03:52 AM

20,784 posts, read 26,065,089 times

Advertisements

Last night I dreamed that I had sex with Satan. He did not look at all life any depiction of Satan that I have ever seen. He wasn't my type either.

He was a pale blond, blue eyed, overweight sloppy man in a green polo shirt and khaki trousers. It was consensual. He didn't have a long time to spend with me but he was very sexy to me in the dream.
He assured me that I would bear his child then told me that he had to go to see another women who he loved more.

I was devastated. But I was so happy that I was having his baby.

What the hell kind of a dream is that? When I awakened, I felt disturbed by it.

Any incite?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 05:35 AM

32,899 posts, read 22,008,888 times
It wasn't a dream...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QrbpoOdrBo

Just kidding, it means nothing, please don't worry.

It could mean that the "devil" part really means "player" or something like that, and don't believe what they say, etc...but not sure about the overweight and sloppy part, lol.

Old 07-31-2013, 05:44 AM

19,343 posts, read 14,788,851 times
I would be interested in what others have to say...but you might like to
watch that movie Witches of Eastwick again, for fun.

The devil could be a very persuasive and charismatic snake of a guy,
if he were real, that is.

Old 07-31-2013, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It wasn't a dream...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QrbpoOdrBo

Just kidding, it means nothing, please don't worry.

It could mean that the "devil" part really means "player" or something like that, and don't believe what they say, etc...but not sure about the overweight and sloppy part, lol.

You cracked me up! Thanks! I was going to add that I had not recently seen "Rosemary's Baby", but I didn't because I wasn't sure how many people would be old enough to catch the reference.

I'm not frightened from a supernatural perspective. Although I do believe in the paranormal. Psychology was one of my majors in college and in general, I think that most dreams are a function of the subconscious. Or of something we recently saw in a movie, read about or a recent experience.

What I have trouble understanding is why I would be turned on in the dream by a sloppy, heavy, man who looked nothing like any depiction I have ever seen of the devil.

The fact that he impregnated me, then left to be with a woman who he loved more and yet, I was pining for him, is also strange.

I really do not want that dream again. I haven't been able to sleep yet tonight.

I don't even know anyone personally who looks like this man. I have blonds and blue eyed people in my family - I am blond with green eyes - but this man was ultra fair - almost white hair and pink skin with pale but bright blue eyes. And the sloppiness and wiping his nose with his hand - yuk!

Old 07-31-2013, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I would be interested in what others have to say...but you might like to
watch that movie Witches of Eastwick again, for fun.

The devil could be a very persuasive and charismatic snake of a guy,
if he were real, that is.

You're right. That's another movie that I liked. The Updike book,too. But this man was nothing like Jack Nickolaus's portrayal of Daryl van horn who was a bit fat and sloppy but was sexy, verbal and glib. Charismatic is a good word.

This was an oaf who had dirty slacks and also bad habits - the nose thing.

Perhaps I should see that move again.

Last edited by sheena12; 07-31-2013 at 06:23 AM..

Old 07-31-2013, 06:06 AM

2,828 posts, read 3,868,125 times
It may just mean that you are disturbed by having to do something with someone you do not care very much for. Dreams have a way of twisting things that bother us and presenting them in strange scenarios that are often times unrecognizable.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:28 AM

916 posts, read 1,865,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
It may just mean that you are disturbed by having to do something with someone you do not care very much for. Dreams have a way of twisting things that bother us and presenting them in strange scenarios that are often times unrecognizable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
You cracked me up! Thanks! I was going to add that I had not recently seen "Rosemary's Baby", but I didn't because I wasn't sure how many people would be old enough to catch the reference.

I'm not frightened from a supernatural perspective. Although I do believe in the paranormal. Psychology was one of my majors in college and in general, I think that most dreams are a function of the subconscious. Or of something we recently saw in a movie, read about or a recent experience.

What I have trouble understanding is why I would be turned on in the dream by a sloppy, heavy, man who looked nothing like any depiction I have ever seen of the devil.

The fact that he impregnated me, then left to be with a woman who he loved more and yet, I was pining for him, is also strange.

I really do not want that dream again. I haven't been able to sleep yet tonight.

I don't even know anyone personally who looks like this man. I have blonds and blue eyed people in my family - I am blond with green eyes - but this man was ultra fair - almost white hair and pink skin with pale but bright blue eyes. And the sloppiness and wiping his nose with his hand - yuk!
His appearance isn't important; the fact that he was someone to whom you were both attracted to and repulsed by is more telling.

I would go further with nezlie's insight, though. The theme of your dream is one of ambivalence--something you're internally compelled to do (it was consensual, not forced on you; you're pining for him after the fact) and yet horrified at doing (he's Satan, he's repulsive). And in the end, there are long-term consequences that you have to deal with (you get pregnant in the dream, you're devastated he left, you're happy to be pregnant with his baby).

Is there anything you've felt ambivalent about lately?

Old 07-31-2013, 09:20 AM

11,270 posts, read 11,302,153 times
Usually the people places and things in our dreams are "place holders" for instance the devil could be something you were warned about, but in the end you were happy you did it. Maybe something you think or thought was going to be bad turned out okay.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock1729 View Post
His appearance isn't important; the fact that he was someone to whom you were both attracted to and repulsed by is more telling.

I would go further with nezlie's insight, though. The theme of your dream is one of ambivalence--something you're internally compelled to do (it was consensual, not forced on you; you're pining for him after the fact) and yet horrified at doing (he's Satan, he's repulsive). And in the end, there are long-term consequences that you have to deal with (you get pregnant in the dream, you're devastated he left, you're happy to be pregnant with his baby).

Is there anything you've felt ambivalent about lately?

Partially true. In the dream I was not ambivalent about him. I thought he was, for lack of a better word; "hot". The fact that he was "the devil" didn't make him revolting or off limits to me - not while dreaming.

When I awakened I was revolted. Not as much by the fact that he was the devil, but why; if I am the directer, producer and casting director of this dream, why put a man who is unattractive in this role?

Actually, I do feel ambivalent about several things in my life right now. Also, we have been thinking of adoption, (we already have two children, one by adoption) and I had difficulty becoming pregnant.

So you are very close.

I also felt annoyed at the devil for loving this other woman, who by remote viewing, I knew was less attractive that I. That annoyed me.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Usually the people places and things in our dreams are "place holders" for instance the devil could be something you were warned about, but in the end you were happy you did it. Maybe something you think or thought was going to be bad turned out okay.

That's interesting. Could you expound on that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology