Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2013, 06:46 AM

35,565 posts, read 20,909,470 times

Advertisements

Now you talking! quote(teaching by example)- this is the way it is done- but all that ranting n raving calling people names and looking down on people--is that also taught by example?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 11:13 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,572,966 times
I think it's perfectly fine to call people's hands on bad behavior, on an online discussion forum.

Old 11-19-2013, 01:02 PM

I rem reading something about a beam in one's eye... hmm never mind

Old 11-19-2013, 01:25 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,129,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoulesMSU View Post
I've never been able to wrap my head around this. You go out to a grocery store, etc. and inevitably you will find shopping carts in the grass at the edge of the lots, on curbs, even in the middle parking spots. Yet, there are always "cart corrals" (or whatever you call them) that are nearby. It only takes a minimal effort to put the cart away properly once you have loaded your vehicle.

So what makes people feel that they are entitled to leave their cart where ever they please? That it is beneath them to take 10 seconds and put it away properly?

I've noticed that the biggest offenders seem to be Wal-Mart shoppers. I can't help but notice that, on average, there are many more carts abandoned throughout the parking lot at Wal-Marts than any other stores. So maybe it has something to do with poor people don't respect themselves, so therefore they don't respect others?

But does anyone here do this? Leave the carts in the middle of a parking spot when a corral is just a few feet away? Can you please let me know what goes through your mind so that I can understand how you came to be such an awful person?

Because it's more convenient and you see those grocery workers walking around, putting them all together, you figure, it's what they do... to make it more convenient for us. Great!

Old 11-19-2013, 01:29 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,129,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoulesMSU View Post
But does anyone here do this? Leave the carts in the middle of a parking spot when a corral is just a few feet away? Can you please let me know what goes through your mind so that I can understand how you came to be such an awful person?

The question is: why does it bother you so much? Is it because they are always in your way as you are trying to park your car?

Or is it because you feel that the grocery workers shouldn't need to work so hard, collecting those carts?

But it may be actually fun for them to have that opportunity to walk around outside instead of standing by the cash register all day...

Old 11-19-2013, 01:55 PM

2,353 posts, read 3,849,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveWisdom View Post
The question is: why does it bother you so much? Is it because they are always in your way as you are trying to park your car?

Or is it because you feel that the grocery workers shouldn't need to work so hard, collecting those carts?

But it may be actually fun for them to have that opportunity to walk around outside instead of standing by the cash register all day...
Why? Why?

Because I have had my car dinged and dented. It isn't fun or cheap. Why should I be out money because others are LAZY?

Old 11-19-2013, 08:57 PM

And you might have still had your car dinged or dented from another source,,, sorry to hear you had damage,, but things happen every day.- part of life,,, get over it.- My son had a huge dent- they hit my sons bike- totalled it, and my son is no longer on this earth. I could have stayed angry, and been angry at the -man- told the judge,, He is forgiven. sure it was not his intention... and we move on. There are still more bumps on the road to still deal with...thats is the point/

Old 11-19-2013, 09:15 PM

67,652 posts, read 60,572,966 times
Just put your damn carts up and quit making excuses about not doing it. It's just not that hard.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:17 PM

2,353 posts, read 3,849,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
And you might have still had your car dinged or dented from another source,,,
Not likely when the cart was against the dent on the door and fit the dent perfectly.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:30 PM

you miss the point- there could be HAIL fall from heaven and still have a dents on your car! or a little kids hit it with his bike and on an on.. DENTS can happen from a variety of sources. .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology