Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 03:15 PM

1,003 posts, read 1,611,023 times

Advertisements

High School
To dream about high school refers to the bonds and friendships that you made while you were in high school. What spiritual lessons have you learned? The dream may also be telling you that you need to start preparing for the real world.

To dream that you have to repeat high school suggests that you are doubting your accomplishments and the goals that you have already completed. You feel that you may not be measuring up to the expectation of others. The dream may occur because some recent situation may have awakened old anxieties and insecurities.

Dream Moods: Your Dream Symbol Interpretation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 06:21 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,020,291 times
Periodically, I dream that I'm back in school and am failing out. Once I even dreamed that I was only pretending to have a college degree and that the truth was catching up to me. I am a procrastinator, so it sort of feels in my dreams as if I am getting what I deserve, even though the "facts" in the dreams are imaginary.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:36 AM

1 posts, read 2,063 times
I still get them and I think it has to do with the conditions in which I graduated. I wasn't happy with how repressed I was when I graduated H.S. and how disappointed I was with myself when I graduated college. I think I still feel repressed and disappointed and it's my mind's way of going back to an identifiable source or milestone to correct it or start over.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:30 PM

2,070 posts, read 2,381,354 times
I have the same dream where I have not been to class all semester and it is now time for the final exam. The class is usually Calculus but sometimes Physics. In another variation of this dream, I am working at my current job as an engineer but realize that I never actually finished my engineering degree because I did not complete that darn Calculus class. So I'm trying to finish the course to get my degree before my employer finds out and fires me but again, forgot to go to class all semester! I used to have this dream several times a year (at least that I can remember) but now only occasionally - even though I am less than two years to retirement.

Old 11-26-2013, 09:23 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
I just had that dream again (forgot to go to class all semester and exam time is here!) but it ended very differently than it ever has (this just happened last night).

//www.city-data.com/forum/unexp...ing-dream.html

Old 11-26-2013, 11:12 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,825,951 times
I occasionally have this dream that I am on thin ice with my job and about to get fired, but it is a job I had 30 years ago. I semi wake up and remember I now have a different job that is very secure, so I go back to sleep.

Must be some deep seated thing there that is bugging me enough to dream about it.

Don

Old 11-28-2013, 08:01 PM

861 posts, read 1,455,108 times
I have dreams from time to time that I'm still in high school. They always have the same themes. Either the end of the 9 weeks quarter is coming to an end and I'm failing all my classes or I skipped my classes everyday and am feeling panicky about it.

Then I wake up and realize how glad I am not to be in school anymore. No more stupid homework or projects, irritating teachers, rules, being forced to take useless classes that I don't even like or care about.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:14 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,784,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I dream similar things. I have dreamed I didn't study for a test, didnt write a paper and even that I forgot to go to class(or classes) for a whole semester. I actually feel very relieved when I wake up and realize I am no longer in college.

I was very stressed out when I went college so I think that fear and anxiety just stayed somewhere in my brain.
Me too, I don't even THINK about college much, yet it must be important in my sub-conscious...

Old 11-30-2013, 05:47 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,907,004 times
I have a similar reoccurring dream. 25 years ago I worked as an industrial salesman. I still dream sometimes that I am doing that job and have not seen my customers for a long time. Weird.

Old 12-01-2013, 06:32 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,115,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I dream about college quite frequently too, for some reason. I don't even think about it that much. It's usually something bad, like I think I failed an exam or didn't hand in an assignment or complete my course.
Same here. Probably one of the most frequent tropes in my dreams that I remember.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology