Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 06:28 PM

199 posts, read 400,464 times

Advertisements

You people are reading way too much into this. People have every right to think that someone who acts the way OP does is "creepy". It's natural human instinct to differentiate friend from foe, threat from non-threat. Put yourself in that office. Look around. You've got normal chatty gal, normal chatty guy, normal nerdy gal, normal sports-fan guy, and then Mr. I-won't-look-anyone-in-the-eyes-or-say-anything-I-just-want-to-do-my-work-and-go-home-oh-ya-I'm-also-semi-suicidal. Which one do you think is going to stand out as odd and stir up uneasy feelings in people?

If you want to fit in then FIT IN. It's not rocket science. Be one of the gang. PARTICIPATE. If you don't want to do that then don't be surprised that YOU'RE NOT PART OF THE GROUP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 06:40 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashi View Post
You people are reading way too much into this. People have every right to think that someone who acts the way OP does is "creepy". It's natural human instinct to differentiate friend from foe, threat from non-threat. Put yourself in that office. Look around. You've got normal chatty gal, normal chatty guy, normal nerdy gal, normal sports-fan guy, and then Mr. I-won't-look-anyone-in-the-eyes-or-say-anything-I-just-want-to-do-my-work-and-go-home-oh-ya-I'm-also-semi-suicidal. Which one do you think is going to stand out as odd and stir up uneasy feelings in people?

If you want to fit in then FIT IN. It's not rocket science. Be one of the gang. PARTICIPATE. If you don't want to do that then don't be surprised that YOU'RE NOT PART OF THE GROUP.
Put Mr Chatty to work among some Arab Muslims.
Guess who is going to be not normal and will stand out?

See what I'm saying? What is "normal" anyway?
Define it....

I'm not sure about this fitting in thing either..
People will always find a way to treat people differently,whether its cultural,racial,or by language.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:13 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Quote:
OP seems very adamant about NOT wanting to be viewed as a sexual predator in these people's eyes. Methinks the lady doth protest too much. He's trying to con them all into thinking he's a harmless little asexual butterfly and then BAM, Stacy from HR is found chloroformed, bound, and gagged in the janitor's closet while OP is on the next Greyhound out of town.
Okay you're starting to get so unnecessarily hostile that you're coming off creepy. You need to chill out.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:53 PM

404 posts, read 904,686 times
From what I gather in this thread the OP is definitely creepy. That does not mean sexual predator, but the standard definition of creepy certainly applies.

The OP also seems to have a hard time grasping the concept that creepy is not nearly as negative of a word as pervert or psychopath. I've been called creepy by girls who I later slept with. OP is overreacting to observations that by his own account are most definitely true.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Old 08-31-2013, 08:29 PM

199 posts, read 400,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Okay you're starting to get so unnecessarily hostile that you're coming off creepy. You need to chill out.
Don't throw the C-word around so willy-nilly. It hurts my feelings.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:42 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,143,538 times
Quote:
OP seems very adamant about NOT wanting to be viewed as a sexual predator in these people's eyes. Methinks the lady doth protest too much. He's trying to con them all into thinking he's a harmless little asexual butterfly and then BAM, Stacy from HR is found chloroformed, bound, and gagged in the janitor's closet while OP is on the next Greyhound out of town.
Totally agree. He thinks about it a lot. Is he arguing with the co-worker or himself?

Old 08-31-2013, 08:58 PM

490 posts, read 649,767 times
If things aren't going well, change it then. Buy a new wardrobe, get a new haircut, and start going to the gym. If you have issues like depressions and anxiety, seek professional help. I'm not saying that to be condescending, you need to make a life change, and that's what those people are there for. You are almost making this a self-fulfilling prophecy by having a negative self image. You can make the change, just make some steps.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Don't throw the C-word around so willy-nilly. It hurts my feelings.
Actually I've read some of your other posts. You seem to be a pretty angry person in general so I guess I'm wasting bandwidth telling you to chill.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostopsy View Post
If things aren't going well, change it then. Buy a new wardrobe, get a new haircut, and start going to the gym. If you have issues like depressions and anxiety, seek professional help. I'm not saying that to be condescending, you need to make a life change, and that's what those people are there for. You are almost making this a self-fulfilling prophecy by having a negative self image. You can make the change, just make some steps.
The OP definitely needs some confidence first and foremost.

At least enough to walk around with his head up if anything.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:30 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Hey non-creep, your mommy loves you. She decided you should be born, so that should mean you have some redeeming qualities, at least she thought so.
Next you'll tell us she wants nothing to do with you, right?
Why did you start this thread? To tell girls to be nice to boys they think are creepy? Is that the moral of the story? Is this an office thread? Is this an anti-bullying thread? What the heck is your point? Or is this just entertainment, which is what I suspect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology