Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 03:11 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times

Advertisements

None that I can think of, except the ones I commit every day anyway. I'm perfectly OK with everyone in society pretty much in agreement on what the rules are.

Criminal laws exist to restrict selfish people from doing selfish things, and that is not an issue for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 02:36 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,328,824 times
yes, I'd right some wrongs that day...justice is for the rich so I'd find some things to set right. I bet the victims of crimes that went unpunished would agree. I'm talking real crimes..not "someone pushed me while walking past me".

Old 09-15-2013, 09:08 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,061,255 times
I've never been tempted to commit a serious crime so I don't know. Maybe I might punch someone in the face who really deserved it if the only reason I never did was because I was afraid of charges being pressed but I can't think of anything else off the top of my head. Maybe I'd go to a restaurant with food I've always wanted to try but could never afford and just not pay for it lmao But I'd feel like crap afterwards so maybe not.

The premise that allowing everyone to "get it out of their system" rather than fester isn't farfetched, though. I don't share the same confidence in mankind to refer to the number of people who need the law to rein them in as "relatively few". There being no punishment for a day still means an immediate understanding and regard for living with the choices made the day after and every day since.

No punishment ever again would result in very different behaviors. The whole would gradually adopt more negative or criminal behaviors, especially if it was seen as a necessity, just to different degrees. When you start talking really bad crimes like murder and rape, though, that's a different story.

Ring of Gyges.

Old 09-15-2013, 10:31 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,592 times
That reminds me of Family Feud when the question was "name a crime youve thought of committing" and someone said "bestiality!" I'd speed quite a bit, not sure how since my car is old and came with a free 8 track player.

Old 09-15-2013, 01:48 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,997,475 times
Can't think of a crime id like to commit? Maybe early in the morning when no cars are coming and I'm driving on the road, I'd run all red lights and drive as fast as I'm comfortable.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:27 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
If that day happened to be April 15th.............................................. .

Old 09-18-2013, 11:43 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Here's one. I'd dynamite the walls of as many jails and prisons as I could get to in a day, and let everybody out. Of course, escaping from custody would also be legal that day, so they could not simply be rounded up again the next day as fugitives. Those that ought be in there will find their way back in pretty quickly. The rest of them can get on with their lives, like they do in countries with civilized criminal justice processes (which is almost all of them).

Last edited by jtur88; 09-18-2013 at 11:57 AM..

Old 09-18-2013, 11:15 PM

265 posts, read 409,602 times
That movie was terrible. There was so much potential but instead we got a b movie slash flick. As for which crimes I would commit, I'd do stuff to fatten my wallet as long as it isn't targeted at individuals. So take from some corporations safes or something, but not from some neighbour or house. Besides, you better believe people are going to be well armed and prepared for home invasions. Doubt I'd do anything all that dark, but you never know...the situation hasn't actually happened, and peoples morals can blur when **** hits the fan.

Old 09-20-2013, 01:39 PM

2,135 posts, read 4,273,726 times
No.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology