Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 08:26 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,224,227 times

Advertisements

Let's see emotional or physical pain...

The most pain i had to deal with is the past year, 5 funerals the past year of close family. 1 was expected due to old age and
illness the other 4 where NOT..lives cut short and died much too young. That emotional pain cut like a knife and still not sure
I'm over it all. Yeah ever have a day when you just cry out of loved ones lost?? I have, the memories and sometimes just
tears of joy knowing that you had the time to see them recently before they passed; yet those times seeing them was at
the funeral of a lost one. So it's twisted and painful at the same time..
Physical pain i have daily with a torn acl and 2 herniated discs with pinched nerves. The torn acl was the worst physical pain
I've had while the pinched nerves come in a close second..
All things considered I'd take the physical over the emotional any day.....I can go under the knife in the future to help with
injury, but cutting like a knife pain stays with yeah, and lingers around for far too long..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2013, 08:42 AM

39,198 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brienzi View Post
Let's see emotional or physical pain...

The most pain i had to deal with is the past year, 5 funerals the past year of close family. 1 was expected due to old age and
illness the other 4 where NOT..lives cut short and died much too young. That emotional pain cut like a knife and still not sure
I'm over it all. Yeah ever have a day when you just cry out of loved ones lost?? I have, the memories and sometimes just
tears of joy knowing that you had the time to see them recently before they passed; yet those times seeing them was at
the funeral of a lost one. So it's twisted and painful at the same time..
Physical pain i have daily with a torn acl and 2 herniated discs with pinched nerves. The torn acl was the worst physical pain
I've had while the pinched nerves come in a close second..
All things considered I'd take the physical over the emotional any day.....I can go under the knife in the future to help with
injury, but cutting like a knife pain stays with yeah, and lingers around for far too long
I hope you are feeling a little better. I am so saddened to hear what you've been through.

I've dealt with my late boyfriend's suicide, I've dealt with my big brother's illness (Thanks God, he will be okay though) Emotional pain has to be the worst. It can drive anybody insane.

Like other poster posted, we just have to keep on moving. I am glad we are not alone.

I really appreciate the compassion and kindness people are sharing. I am humbled by these experiences.

Thank you ALL so much from the bottom of my heart.

Old 09-07-2013, 10:40 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,224,227 times
No, thank you! This is a great thread that deals with REAL issues in life, and issues that most deal with daily. Sorry to hear of
your loss too..
The grieving process is difficult and a long one....unless one is a heartless bastaaad.(throwing in the boston accent for a bit
of humor as I've always found that some laughter is the best medicine)..

It's threads like this that can help people support one another through difficult times and I've personally experienced such
support at another place.

On the hardest of days yeah gotta put one foot in front of the other and keep moving forward as you can as life does go
on. Wish u and others the best in dealing with whatever pain u have at this time...

Old 09-07-2013, 07:15 PM

1,669 posts, read 2,242,236 times
College girlfriend started banging my suitemate right next door while we were still dating. I shut her out completely after that. It took a good 2 years before I started getting out and doing things again.

Old 09-10-2013, 04:21 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,249,400 times
Childbirth.

Epidural.

All was good in the world.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:54 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,923,279 times
Nine kidney stones. Just endure it. No pain killers have any effect.

When I had my first cavities filled, back in the 1950s, they just drilled and filled. There was nothing to deaden the pain in those days.

Old 09-13-2013, 05:31 PM

6 posts, read 21,201 times
I just found this site today, and when I read your words, Lily, they went straight to my heart. You were able to express your pain...I have not found the ability to do that yet. I am so sorry that you have to go through this. Those of us left trying to move forward have to not only deal with hurt and questions that may never be answered, we are forced to cope with an emptiness and loneliness that seems is never going to go away. I know it does not ease your pain, just please know you helped someone today. Thank you for having the strength to reach out.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:06 AM

39,198 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart2Go View Post
I just found this site today, and when I read your words, Lily, they went straight to my heart. You were able to express your pain...I have not found the ability to do that yet. I am so sorry that you have to go through this. Those of us left trying to move forward have to not only deal with hurt and questions that may never be answered, we are forced to cope with an emptiness and loneliness that seems is never going to go away. I know it does not ease your pain, just please know you helped someone today. Thank you for having the strength to reach out.
Big hugs (((((( heart2go )))))

As you can see, there are a lot of wonderful people suffer in one way or another. At least we are not alone!!

Take care.

Old 09-20-2013, 05:31 PM

207 posts, read 354,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
How long does emotional pain last? Like losing or lost something or someone very valuable to you, but you know no matter how hard you try, you just can never get it back..

How do you cope with it, and do people normally learn from the experiences and move on?

What has been your experience?

Do you think people normally bounce back and become a stronger person?
I think it happens in stages as well as one step forward and two back....slow progress.

I lost someone very important to me. At first all you can do is focus on the menial things in life that you have to do. Sleep, eat, work. Then repeat. Slowly you start to put distance between the break , and the pain.

Once you start to get traction you start to gain perspective and understanding. Why it happened. I started accepting the reality. At this point I finally felt I could let go and move on. And I realized it did not mean I had to stop loving and caring about this person; rather, I understood why they couldn't be in my life.

Then and only then I have begun to heal. I feel healthier day by day. I'm enjoying the things I used to enjoy. Most of all I'm trying to improve and be a better person.

Old 09-20-2013, 08:50 PM

1,831 posts, read 3,196,189 times
I had a half inch wide bolt go into my left hand which was very painful. Much more painful though, was when a tree branch tore my cornea. This was extremely painful for about 2 days. There was no way to get relief from the eye pain. Knee pain would be next in line, but there is usually a way to get some relief from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology