Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 09:17 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,294,925 times

Advertisements

I found this documentary and wanted to know what you all feel about it

[SIZE=4]State of Mind: The Psychology of Control | Watch Free …[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 04:40 AM

936 posts, read 2,057,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I found this documentary and wanted to know what you all feel about it

[SIZE=4]State of Mind: The Psychology of Control | Watch Free …[/SIZE]
I can't speak for others here, but personally, I think you should loosen the tin foil hat on your head. Clearly it's cutting off circulation.

This is the psychology section. Conspiracy theories are three doors down on the right.

Old 09-09-2013, 04:49 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,770,658 times
Yes I do.........

People are being brainwashed to be easy targets for the elite!! (Mind control happens everyday)

Old 09-09-2013, 06:37 AM

2,707 posts, read 2,831,257 times
" They're coming to take me away..HA HA they're coming to take me away.....

Old 09-09-2013, 07:35 AM

863 posts, read 1,192,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock1729 View Post
I can't speak for others here, but personally, I think you should loosen the tin foil hat on your head. Clearly it's cutting off circulation.

This is the psychology section. Conspiracy theories are three doors down on the right.
If you don't think you're being manipulated, why not start by looking at what went down when John D Rockefeller founded the General Education Board back in 1903. Here's a quote from his right hand man, Rev. Frederick T. Gates: "In our dream we have limitless resources, and the people yield themselves with perfect docility to our molding hand. The present educational conventions fade from our minds; and, unhampered by tradition, we work our own good will upon a grateful and responsive rural folk. We shall not try to make these people or any of their children into philosophers or men of learning or of science. We are not to raise up among them authors, orators, poets, or men of letters. We shall not search for embryo great artists, painters, musicians. Nor will we cherish even the humbler ambition to raise up from among them lawyers, doctors, preachers, statesmen, of whom we now have ample supply."

That's the tip of the iceberg. Conspiracy theories often have roots in actual events, so if you can wrap your head around the fact that it's beneficial (and convenient) for the government to manipulate the people, (often in the name of the "greater good") then you are ready to start down the rabbit hole.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:12 AM

7,302 posts, read 6,892,923 times
If you thought gun control was about saving peoples lives you really are dooped by the elete.
They could care less about your life or mine .
It is about control not about guns .
Long guns are almost never used in crimes ,yet they are the target why , because they present a threat to those wishing to over throw the government from with in.
The dollar is dieing, and the government has been giving away parts of the us to other countries such as china.
Make no mistake , this not may be going to happen this has already happened.
They are complying with the NATO agenda, strongly against the constitution . Remember "New world order" NAFTA,
These are in place to dissolve the country not strengthen it. This muslam marxsist president is fueling the world hatred for america deliberately, not accidentally. This is his plan.
And the liberals that put him there, are going to rue the day they lied and cheated to get him there, when things really show what's going on. Too late sucka.
Don't want morality ,there you got it no morality (honesty is morality) that's how he got in.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:12 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,253,205 times
If you have yourself "plugged in" to the mind control box (TV), then you might believe some of the garbage which spews forth from it.

For example the latest germ phobias - people wiping down shopping cart handles and so forth. No one did that when I was growing up and we seemed to survive.

Also who have you voted for in the past and why did you vote for that person? Did you notice there were other names on the ballot you did not hear of on TV? Why is that?

Old 09-09-2013, 10:42 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,769,580 times
Germs are similar to insects. They find a way to come back and survive just like humans.

We can bounce back.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:46 PM

8,076 posts, read 10,037,062 times
AT THE RISK OF WALKING IINTO A QUAGMIRE OF NUT JOBS, YES, THERE IS A SOCIA/ECONOMIC STRUCUTRE OF WHICH MOST PEOPLE FALL INTO THE SUBJUGATED PORTION OF THE PYRMAID. WHY THAT HAPPENS IS OPEN TO DISCUSSION, BUT MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT THAT A VERT FEW INDIVIUALS CONTROL A GREAT DEAL OF WELATH, AND AS SUCH, THEY CONTROL THE SERFS, THE GOVERNMENT, THE BANKING SYSTEM, AND PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING THAT TOUCHES THE LIVES OF YOU AND ME.

Sorry about the caps.....but it was too late to rewrite the whole paragraph.

There is a program on TV about how advertisers, and any one else who wishes to control/trick the human mind, works. It is a well known science, and quite obvious that it 'forces' the human to exhibit certain behaviors. Sounds like mind control to me.

BUT, we allow it to happen as well. Is there anyone who doesn't think the folks in Washington are taking the rest of us to the cleaners? As an example, it is pretty clear that going into Syria is not desired by the people. But, is there anyone who doesn't think we are going in? Basically, we don't have a say, and won't
'rebel' even when we do go in. Why is that? Are we 'controlled'?

The wealth in this country is confined to A very small number of people. Think, for instance, the Koch Brothers. When they decide how Government is going to act, that is a final decision. The politicians get their little kick back, the Kochs get what they want in order to become more wealthy, and you and I get the bill. And we don't complain? Why is that?

Because we are 'controlled' into believing that we are 'really doing well'. We have a house, a big screen TV, a BMW on lease in the garage. We have a boat, maybe a vacation home somewhere, a motorcycle, get to eat 'good steak' once in a while, and if we are worth a million bucks, we think we are knocking the cover off the ball. That is exactly how those who 'control' us wish it to be. They sell us the home, finance it at their bank, sell us the BMW, collect the lease payment, provide the insurance on our houses, control the agriculture which grows that steak--they are in businesses which generate billions (plus subsidies from the Government which we pay with our tax dollars) while we are happy, controlled, to think that the million or so which we might be worth is really something.

Are we controlled? Sure. Do we care, most of anyhow? No. Is there anything we can do about it? Sure, but many times I have thought what an embarrassment I am that I am not willing to lay down my life for my beliefs? Why is that? Because I am 'controlled' to be happy/complacent with what I have.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:50 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,770,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear
Are we controlled? Sure. Do we care, most of anyhow? No.
Dont speak for everyone.... Just because YOU dont care if your controlled doesnt mean others dont!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology