Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2013, 09:38 PM

35,693 posts, read 21,049,622 times

Advertisements

I believe most young ladies see babies as pure love something VERY lacking these days--2- sex was hot but Never can kill that child just not in them... but mostly - dreamers they are young.. I feel for them, I don't feel for the gal who runs with the married man and gets prego--no sympathy there and I was married to have mine still ended up a single mom. so whats the difference??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 11:41 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
In answer to the OP's question....WELFARE! Why not keep pumping them out? You and the little darlin's get supported and no workie. The majority I'd say.

I got dumped by my ex for a younger chick, LOL, 21 vs 18, and had no money so I went on welfare. Practiced birthcontrol and as soon as she went into 1st grade, got myself a job. Kept the food stamps though. Nope, no professional welfare momma for me! I knew many women like that. I also knew a professional one or two.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:31 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,322,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I believe most young ladies see babies as pure love something VERY lacking these days--2- sex was hot but Never can kill that child just not in them... but mostly - dreamers they are young.. I feel for them, I don't feel for the gal who runs with the married man and gets prego--no sympathy there and I was married to have mine still ended up a single mom. so whats the difference??
I just don't understand why you would want to bring a child into this crazy world knowing that the father of the child doesn't want to have anything to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
In answer to the OP's question....WELFARE! Why not keep pumping them out? You and the little darlin's get supported and no workie. The majority I'd say.

I got dumped by my ex for a younger chick, LOL, 21 vs 18, and had no money so I went on welfare. Practiced birthcontrol and as soon as she went into 1st grade, got myself a job. Kept the food stamps though. Nope, no professional welfare momma for me! I knew many women like that. I also knew a professional one or two.
Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
the rich, well mannered, educated, family types kid just have abortions
Yep, I would've had an abortion if I got pregnant. Heck, if I were to get pregnant out-of-wedlock (although that wouldn't happen), I'd still get an abortion. I don't want to be apart of the 72% of black mothers that gives birth to a child out-of-wedlock.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:36 AM

6 posts, read 11,380 times
I believe it varies, but at the top of the list must be an overall feeling of not belonging. This weakens the very soul. However, even this is too simplistic an answer. Other factors might be not having one's basic needs (love, food, clothing, safe home) met at an early age. While some people eventually rise above their misfortune as they mature, many do not. I think part of the reason why people do not rise above it and learn from their life lesson is that an invisible quasi vulture (QV) is continuously flying overhead waiting for any prey to become weaker before swooping down. The QV is our government. At first it might seem like the people are being saved; however, at the expense of other people not allowing themselves to be preyed upon, they are merely being held captive until they are needed by the QV and the longer they are held the weaker they become. Unfortunately, our government system thrives on victimization. For example, if someone has a child out of wedlock with no means of support and the father is not present, that individual is automatically entitled to have many of their needs met. In this way the QV creates yet another victim for society. The price will be born by those who have refused to become victims. Unfortunately, the victimless list is much smaller than the ever growing victims list. By now you must be thinking, what a cold heart. On the contrary, I care deeply about what has been going on for a very long time under the guise of help by our government. Conversely, a person in the same position (having a child out of wedlock, but refusing any government help) that takes care of their responsibilities and raises the child or children on their own not only does not receive any government aid, but because they are not on a list they are generally not helped by other members of society (both public and private) because everything for them becomes means tested. I know a lot about this because I raised two children under these conditions (absent father with no support). It was not easy, but well worth the effort.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:02 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,969,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
I just don't understand why you would want to bring a child into this crazy world knowing that the father of the child doesn't want to have anything to do with it.

Good for you!

Yep, I would've had an abortion if I got pregnant. Heck, if I were to get pregnant out-of-wedlock (although that wouldn't happen), I'd still get an abortion. I don't want to be apart of the 72% of black mothers that gives birth to a child out-of-wedlock.
Pinkmani, What exactly do you want to get from this threat? People already explained to you why some people may think differently than you and might bring those children to the world.

We get it, you wouldn't do it. We understood that since post #1. What are you still asking? Or what new information do you want to share with us? What new information are you still looking for?

Old 11-05-2013, 08:05 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,828,036 times
They want to have a go at parenting, or feel that they have to.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryJS View Post
I believe it varies, but at the top of the list must be an overall feeling of not belonging. This weakens the very soul. However, even this is too simplistic an answer. Other factors might be not having one's basic needs (love, food, clothing, safe home) met at an early age. While some people eventually rise above their misfortune as they mature, many do not. I think part of the reason why people do not rise above it and learn from their life lesson is that an invisible quasi vulture (QV) is continuously flying overhead waiting for any prey to become weaker before swooping down. The QV is our government. At first it might seem like the people are being saved; however, at the expense of other people not allowing themselves to be preyed upon, they are merely being held captive until they are needed by the QV and the longer they are held the weaker they become. Unfortunately, our government system thrives on victimization. For example, if someone has a child out of wedlock with no means of support and the father is not present, that individual is automatically entitled to have many of their needs met. In this way the QV creates yet another victim for society. The price will be born by those who have refused to become victims. Unfortunately, the victimless list is much smaller than the ever growing victims list. By now you must be thinking, what a cold heart. On the contrary, I care deeply about what has been going on for a very long time under the guise of help by our government. Conversely, a person in the same position (having a child out of wedlock, but refusing any government help) that takes care of their responsibilities and raises the child or children on their own not only does not receive any government aid, but because they are not on a list they are generally not helped by other members of society (both public and private) because everything for them becomes means tested. I know a lot about this because I raised two children under these conditions (absent father with no support). It was not easy, but well worth the effort.
I loved your response! I learned something new (quasi vulture)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Pinkmani, What exactly do you want to get from this threat? People already explained to you why some people may think differently than you and might bring those children to the world.

We get it, you wouldn't do it. We understood that since post #1. What are you still asking? Or what new information do you want to share with us? What new information are you still looking for?
Actually, I didn't ask anything. I was just commenting on people's responses. I didn't think there was anything wrong with that. I get why people may choose differently, and in my opinion, there reasons are not logical (hence, my opinion).

The last time that I created a thread, and didn't reply to people's opinions, I was called out for it (despite the fact that I was leaving reputation comments). So, if it bothers you that I keep commenting, then I suggest you ignore any threads that I start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
They want to have a go at parenting, or feel that they have to.
Oh, that's another good reason! A lot of people feel pressured into becoming a parent. I totally agree!

Old 11-05-2013, 11:33 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,969,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post

Actually, I didn't ask anything. I was just commenting on people's responses. I didn't think there was anything wrong with that. I get why people may choose differently, and in my opinion, there reasons are not logical (hence, my opinion).
I think I get your point now. I guess I got confused because you had just said "you don't understand why people act that way". I guess when you say you don't understand you mean you don't agree. I thought you were still trying to understand.
Quote:
"I just don't understand why you would want to bring a child into this crazy world knowing that the father of the child doesn't want to have anything to do with it. "

Old 11-05-2013, 12:26 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,424,854 times
I think the more important question is:

Why do men have sex, knowing that if the woman gets pregnant they will be responsible for the baby?

or even:

Why don't men lobby more strenuously for their own birth control options rather than leaving it all up to women and then resenting the fact that they are responsible for their unwanted children?

Old 11-05-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzile View Post
I think the more important question is:

Why do men have sex, knowing that if the woman gets pregnant they will be responsible for the baby?

or even:

Why don't men lobby more strenuously for their own birth control options rather than leaving it all up to women and then resenting the fact that they are responsible for their unwanted children?
Well, humans have sex for pleasure and reproduction. In most relationships, the girlfriend is on birth control. They rely on her to take it properly (same time every day). So, if she's irresponsible in taking her BC, then I think she should be left to foot the bill…

I have an important question: Why do women let guys hit it raw?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology