Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2013, 05:48 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,968,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
Well, how about if the father of your fetus says that he doesn't want to be involved or tells you to get an abortion he has no legal obligation to your child?

If I practiced sex out-of-wedlock, I would never have a child if he didn't want to be a parent. I think that's just asking for trouble.
Maybe for you the trouble would not be worth it, but some are fine with that kind of trouble, or that "trouble" is less trouble than acting against their moral or religious beliefs. We don't all feel the same way about the same issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 05:55 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,793,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
1. No that wouldn't work.

2. Maybe installing a chip at birth that activates every time a person gets sexually aroused and asks the person if they agree to be a parent. If the person doesn't answer then the police could arrest them.

3. Anyway I think it's much easier for a man to wear a condom than to play the victim for 18 years. Sometimes we need to make an effort and plan ahead to avoid unfortunate circumstances. We save for retirement and, pay insurance policies for the same reasons. Wearing a condom is much easier and cheaper. In the end if our lives gets screwed all the whinning in the world is not gonna help. Life is difficult, it is not fair and we are on our own.
1. Why not? A legal contract works for sperm donors, et cetera.

2. That won't work.

3. Condoms aren't 100% efficient/effective, though.

Old 11-01-2013, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
1. Never going to happen.

2. Well this might work.

3. Nothing dampens a sex drive like signing legal contracts in front of a lawyer.
1. Do you have a crystal ball?

2. Thanks.

3. If you have a sex drive, it's probably not very hard to keep it and/or to re-gain it.

Old 11-01-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
The last thing I want is more suffering in this world. I don't want people to be forced to have unwanted children. No need for more neglect and abuse

Sometimes there is no perfect solution and you have to choose what you consider the lesser of two evils. For me it's abortion. I know my views are not popular but it is what I think.
The problem with your argument is that you are begging the question here by assuming that at least most prenatal human beings are not persons/not worthy of rights. Else, your same rationale here could be used to justify forced sterilizations, one-/two-child policies, forced abortions, painless infanticide, et cetera in order to avoid creating more suffering in this world.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:05 AM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
hmm i guess some of you have not had much experience with men. Nothing against men, and this applies to females too-- but come on!! they come to SEDUCE... promise the world- big house white picket fence and all.. and some do fall in love and do their best. but the game is ON.. puppy love is VERY powerful.. for those who have normal sex drives and needs. Some expectations are over the top, but won't stop you from having them. but some of you have all you need so just keep on judging.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:08 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,968,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
The problem with your argument is that you are begging the question here by assuming that at least most prenatal human beings are not persons/not worthy of rights. Else, your same rationale here could be used to justify forced sterilizations, one-/two-child policies, forced abortions, painless infanticide, et cetera in order to avoid creating more suffering in this world.
Well that's the way you see it, That's not the way I see it. You are talking about people who want to bring children to this world being forced not to have children by the government. You are removing their liberties. The whole thing is about forcing individuals to do things they don't want to do and the consequences of it. Neglect, poverty and abuse. Maybe in the future we will have the resources to raise the 1.5 million babies (the amount of abortions annually) but right now we don't. Can we as a society handle more homelessness (25%-31% of all foster kids end up homeless once they turn 18) We cannot even provide enough beds for our homeless right now as it is.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:17 PM

(quote)--We cannot even provide enough beds for our homeless right now as it is.-

It will get worse because the greed has gone political and over the top... I truly believe they want to eradicate the middle class. They don't need them overseas, and now that we are global,, why should they---?? it's all about mo money... forget the people, they have more than enough to make their pockets overflow... so with that AIR of thinking- hang on to your hat. Those folks do NOt want birth control- they need their low income earners.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:21 PM

6 posts, read 6,766 times
Then go to the clinic, but stay out of other womens' business about how they live their lives.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:34 PM

1,228 posts, read 1,369,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Right. Please. Leave family planning assistance discussions to qualified medical professionals. Thank you.

Some men are very smooth, and work their way to what they want, and bail if the tummy gets round. And in case you forgot, an abortion is quite expensive, some places, you need to drive a full day to even get to a clinic where the procedure is performed. And not everyone has a car. Gasp!

So, the options are have the baby, give it up for adoption, or keep it. Many cultures, it is a status symbol to have a child...the fact that the Father bails, should reflect on him, not a woman who is raising a child alone.
Finally! There seem to be those neighborhoods in which there are more very young and single mothers than you can count pushing baby strollers in company with their admiring friends (many of whom are pushing their own strollers) who help see to it that birthdays are celebrated with outsized parties in parks. Even if the lights are about to be turned off for non-payment there has to be the party. It's a cultural thing. Having a baby (present or working father not required) is absolutely necessary to establish yourself and prove your worth - a christening and godparents an absolute imperative even if it's the first and last time the child ever sees the inside of a church. Regrettably, most of these neighborhoods are quite poor ones and most of these parents uneducated.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
First of all in today's society, most of these women *know* that they will be financially ok without the benefit of the father, thanks to our government who effectively supports MILLIONS of these people. Not only that but this option becomes ATTRACTIVE to the mother because she will not have to work to support her child. So lazy women, who don't really want to work, consider having a child as a form of income.

Secondly, there is no stigma any longer thanks to the poor mole models that have demonstrated that being a "single mother" is not only acceptable but GLAMOROUS.

Finally, it has been my experience with these types of people that many (not all, just many) of them have very dysfunctional lives. Many of them come from abusive homes and have felt their entire life that NOBODY LOVES THEM. Having a child is a sure-fire way to have someone love you *forever*. Most definitely a female who has serious issues picking good, decent, kind, loving men and KEEPING them in their lives, having a child seems like a very attractive option for companionship, love and affection.

20yrsinBranson
the rich, well mannered, educated, family types kid just have abortions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology