Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 10:18 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,068,198 times

Advertisements

CALMNESS????

I worried about taking prednisone as I know it can make people anxious and upset...I am the opposite. I noticed the dishes were not done when I came home from work yesterday (two teens home btw) rather than being overwhelmed I picked up the phone, called my mom, and did the dishes....

Am I an odd phenomena?

I was on prednisone for some time when I had pneumonia...same side effect...calm the ability to focus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 02:32 PM

I am not the only person but it's bleak. I only have a few days to feel great.

Prednisone - Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - HealingWell.com Forum

Prednisone, Why Does It Make Me Feel Good? - Other Depression and Anxiety Medications - The Depression Forums - A Depression & Mental Health Social Community Support Group

Old 10-20-2013, 04:16 PM

7,694 posts, read 5,571,885 times
Why are you taking prednisone?

Old 10-20-2013, 08:06 PM

88,873 posts, read 85,336,177 times
I am taking prednisone also. The doctor said it might make me feel euphoric. Or, it can give you nasty, angry mood swings.

I haven't noticed a huge difference, either way--and I do get moments of intense anger normally--usually when traffic isn't moving fast enough--so although I've noticed a few burst of anger, I don't think it's the prednisone. I do think I am less anxious than normal, though, and some level of anxiety is my default state. It seems to be lessened somewhat. And I might be a little more focused, as the OP mentioned. Not exactly euphoric, but I'll take it.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:09 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,409,611 times
Why in the world would any doctor prescribe Prednisone for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?
My Mother has that and has never been prescribed Prednisone for it.
I've heard of it being used for Lupus but never Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Why are you taking prednisone?
Pulled muscle in the back and hip.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I am taking prednisone also. The doctor said it might make me feel euphoric. Or, it can give you nasty, angry mood swings.

I haven't noticed a huge difference, either way--and I do get moments of intense anger normally--usually when traffic isn't moving fast enough--so although I've noticed a few burst of anger, I don't think it's the prednisone. I do think I am less anxious than normal, though, and some level of anxiety is my default state. It seems to be lessened somewhat. And I might be a little more focused, as the OP mentioned. Not exactly euphoric, but I'll take it.
I am not euphoric but happy I can focus and not have anxiety. From what I read, though, it's bad stuff to be on long term.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Why in the world would any doctor prescribe Prednisone for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?
My Mother has that and has never been prescribed Prednisone for it.
I've heard of it being used for Lupus but never Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
What I did, was to check and see if others have had the same experience as I. I don't have chronic fatigue but, sometimes, paralyzing anxiety.

I wish there was a chemical compound similar to the prednisone without the bad side effects.

The last time I was on prednisone was when I had bad pneumonia.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:05 PM

7,694 posts, read 5,571,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
Pulled muscle in the back and hip.
I really suggest not taking prednisone longer than it's absolutely necessary for your pulled muscle. Also, as I recall, you can't just quit taking it abruptly.

If it were me, I'd also try regular application of ice or heat, to try to speed the healing process.

Old 10-21-2013, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
I really suggest not taking prednisone longer than it's absolutely necessary for your pulled muscle. Also, as I recall, you can't just quit taking it abruptly.

If it were me, I'd also try regular application of ice or heat, to try to speed the healing process.
I don't know the dosage I threw out the bottle, was only on it 5 days, along with ice first then heat. All that and prednisone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology