Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2014, 08:39 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,258,784 times

Advertisements

I'm an INTJ and a female too. That's like 3 of us on this board? Weird. I am not mentally female either. I've had a lot of guy friends ask me if I'm really female (well as a joke) I too look feminine even though I don't wear make-up but my attitude and interests, etc are very male-oriented.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2014, 04:26 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,275,196 times
Here is another chick INTJ.
4 in a row?!? What are the odds!

Old 08-11-2014, 05:01 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,165,933 times
Not quite INTJ, but an INTP female here.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:31 AM

525 posts, read 1,298,042 times
INTJ female here

Old 08-13-2014, 10:01 AM

61 posts, read 99,653 times
I am an INFJ.

Old 08-13-2014, 12:04 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,396,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Most people don't test their actual type, IMO. The MBTI is rather poorly written. It is outdated, for one, as its too tied to patterns of how certain types tended to act in past times (behaviors adapt to context). Many SJs will consequently type as not an SJ, because of how modern values have shifted & how SJs tend to reflect community values. The sensing dichotomy often has bias towards Introverted Sensing when testing for sensing preference, causing a lot of SPs (who prefer extroverted sensing) to mistype as intuitive.

The MBTI (and other Jungian type indicators) is generally biased towards intuitive types, causing a lot of sensing types to mistype as intuitive.

Of course, many don't even take the official MBTI, which is better than a lot of online quizzes still.

That said.... I usually test INTP, by a small margin on the T/F dichotomy, but after reading Jung's Psychological Types, I identify most with the Introverted Feeling type. Secondary function would be extroverted intuition, which makes me INFP. It's the best fit type for me if going by Jung's descriptions, whereas most INFP profiles are too fluffy.

That's enneagram
I agree that it over-diagnoses. Anyone who does a quick internet survey of posts on the MBTI, will find that the majority of people talking about it are diagnosed as INTs. That's quite an unlikely reality as these people are supposedly an unusually small part of the population.

I am diagnosed as an INTP (according to internet tests) and do think that's likely where I fall, but I wouldn't place any large bets on it either. I'm very assertive and even outgoing (when I want to be) for an INTP, and tend to view many other INTP men as ultimately too introverted for my ideal taste (in friendship). I do enjoy the conversations, though, and do enjoy them as friends. I do like INTP women very much insofar as they can sometimes drop the analytical behavior pattern. It's nice to be able to talk and relate to a woman to the extent of our mutual conversational potential. This actually correlates with something that I read about romantic type matching. Fellow INTPs tend to only make good matches a little over 50% of the time. I believe that the best match for an INTP is an INTF, which matches closer to 70% of the time. If I'm being honest with myself, I would likely prefer an INTF over an INTP over the long-term; but I wouldn't complain about being in a relationship one of those elusive INTP women either. The problem is that they are in high demand by INTP and similar men, whether they know it or not, because they are rare. Finding American women that are the least-bit compatible for INTs is a challenge. European and Asian cultures match much better to INT personalities. ENTJ women are good for INTPs, but they come with their own challenges and will lack the innate loyalty that matches that of an INT. Outwardly, their personalities compliment each other very well. Internally, they are complete opposites in many crucial ways.

Last edited by golgi1; 08-13-2014 at 12:13 PM..

Old 08-15-2014, 09:27 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon75 View Post
INTJ and female. Part of the .8% out there!

I tested INTJ twice at work and several more times from online tests. And both times at work, I was pretty much the only INTJ female in the room. I suppose we really are rare? (Although there seems to be quite a bit of us online? Are people lying on the tests at work?)

I'm no mad scientist, but I am very comfortable with scientific publications and computer-related stuff. I never realized just how weird I was until I started dating an ESFJ guy. That was.. interesting. (never again..) I work in IT and the process of breaking down an issue into various components to figure out a solution is FUN. However, after college, and never having a reason to do much calculations and whatnot, my math skills went out the window. Hello calculators.

And apparently my worst enemies are all somewhere in the ESFJ range. Male or female. Trying to get a better understanding of anything is apparently TOO harsh for them. And most times I'm really making an effort to try and help them with the problem. Crying and moping fixes nothing.. trying to figure out a solution, USEFUL. Ah well. However, most of my closest girlfriends are also INTJs.. go figure!

Being an INTJ is great at work, and has helped me in solving problems and working with others. However, with personal relationships, I think I end up being much too masculine (at least mentally) for most guys. Being Asian doesn't help either, because I'm definitely not the meek and mild sort. EH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
Hey, that's too cool! Me too.. I look very feminine but I am not mentally. I have a lot of friends that are guys but I couldn't date any of them. I am perfectly fine with being single but I know I'll find someone if I try hard enough. The problem is when you live in your head and have no time factor, ten years will go by and an INTJ female will still be saying she's single.. because she has no recollection of time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR2012 View Post
I'm an INTJ and a female too. That's like 3 of us on this board? Weird. I am not mentally female either. I've had a lot of guy friends ask me if I'm really female (well as a joke) I too look feminine even though I don't wear make-up but my attitude and interests, etc are very male-oriented.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Here is another chick INTJ.
4 in a row?!? What are the odds!
Quote:
Originally Posted by boocake View Post
INTJ female here
INTJ Female too!
Wow.
I was tested years ago at work - the whole office cohort was tested actually - and if I recall, I was only one of two that fell into that category. Every time I've retaken the test I get the same result.

I agree 100% what nightbird47 noted earlier about why there is a concentration of us on this and likely other internet forums. My participation is something that I have complete control over and that is rare in most aspects of life when other people are involved.

I feel such a kinship with some of the posters I quoted above. I was always the "odd girl out." Never liked girly things growing up, always much more comfortable with Sci-Fi than romance and that is true even now as I approach the big 6-0.

Fell into a career as a programmer and stuck with it for going on thirty years because it was naturally easy for me - just how my mind works, I guess. Also, I love problem solving and I love having a concrete result when I have completed my tasks.

I've been widowed for ten years and while I loved my husband with all my heart, the thought of sharing a bathroom and other personal space with someone else now makes me cringe.

I've found true peace with my dogs and my interests and while I do have some close relationships, I sometimes joke to myself that (to quote "Dr. Yana") "I'm a hermit with friends."

Old 08-15-2014, 09:29 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,735,265 times
INTJ female programmer here.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:44 AM

604 posts, read 839,392 times
INTJ female here too. I have a hard time communicating with many women. We operate in different realities. I have many conversations with women where I concentrate on the facts surrounding the situation and they concentrate on how they "feel" about the situation. It baffles me and I seem to baffle them. I often find myself saying "Don't say it's not fair when you really mean you don't like it. Those are 2 different things."

Old 08-16-2014, 07:17 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,737,988 times
ISTJ and a male.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology