Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 05:02 PM

88,513 posts, read 84,688,123 times

Advertisements

Your son sounds like a smart kid.

But your info, which is fascinating--what makes you think that's evidence of faked stories? What with all the drills and "Red Team" exercises being performed at transportation and public facilities since 9/11, isn't the simpler explanation that someone saw a way to cash in by providing such services?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2013, 05:20 PM

863 posts, read 1,128,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
I'm not sure if I call these conspiracies.. but I'll refer to them as such for the purpose of this post.

Basically, think of them as when people suspect established institutions (i.e. companies, organizations, schools, governments, etc.) of having a hidden agenda.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'll give this one example of a review of the app "YELP". Basically, the reader believes the purpose of this app is to hold businesses hostage and extort huge fees out of them to get rid of bad reviews (rather than the "intended" purpose of regular people reviewing businesses.)

Am I just naiive or is there something psychologically "off" about the people who construct and believe in these sorts of conspiracies?

Let me ask you this: am I naive or is there something psychologically "off" about people believing everything they read/watch in the media? Seems that most people are willing to believe anything said on the news, but are quick to commonly ask a person if they're wearing a "tinfoil hat" when they formulate their own ideas.

While I don't believe in all conspiracy theories, I certainly won't dismiss the plausible ones.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:17 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Anyone who's worked in media KNOWS of manufactured stories. Sorry to burst the naïve bubble here.

PVI Insertion : fake images inserted in news feed

Virtual Animation - PVI before 2011 - 911 animation - YouTube

1. Liveline - How graphics are inserted into LIVE VIDEO mirror.mp4 - YouTube

well before 911. Images manipulated via media news.

Google the story of TWA Flight 800:

Revealing the Corporate Control of Information - Shadows of Liberty - YouTube

Old 11-22-2013, 10:03 PM

2,671 posts, read 2,232,135 times
As far as the New World Order and global monetary policy goes, I've been working on unraveling this issue for about 30 years now. I originally got into the research because of my father, who has been deceased for 22 years - but who worked in international finance with the federal reserve system after his retirement from the military after Vietnam. He was very much the staid, boring accountant type, but the type who had no problem seeing the rabbit being pulled out of the hat in the fiat currency magic show.

Once you understand the global sovereign finance structure and the very complex collection of international and quasi-governmental agencies associated with it, and all the agreements and regulations they play with... and how they are tied into the United Nations operations... and even who these people are and where they come from... you have no problem seeing the whole thing is as plausably crooked as any banana republic tin-plated dictatorship that ever existed.

And it all depends on deceiving YOU the taxpayer around the world into falling for the most elegantly simple (isn't that always the way it is) con games imaginable.

I think I have as close an explanation and description of it as anyone else. In fact, I'm going to eventually publish my findings, if I live long enough. Otherwise, I'll leave it for my kids to handle. If they can find anyone to publish it.

As I said a few days ago here, the best way to get on the right track is to read "Tragedy and Hope" by Carroll Quigley. There are a lot of crazy theories about the NWO, but the claim that there is "no such thing" is even crazier. No credible person can any longer make the claim that there is not an organized global conspiracy to restructure the economic heirarchy. They could have easily snubbed the idea 40-50 years ago. But not any more.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:33 PM

The first thing about conspiracies is that there are 2 basic types: Populist conspiracies based on outsider information for various levels of fascination and sometimes for pursuit of profit, and 2) Agenda conspiracies, designed to intentionally provoke, dampen, influence or MISDIRECT a mass response for political or ideological reasons, never with money as a primary objective of the original source.

Area 51 is an example of the first type. Bigfoot, Alien Abductions, Visions at Fatima, etc, all of them sort of fringe interests that sell lots of books and drive conventions and really don't serve any deeper purpose than just fascination.

Hitler's blame of the Reichstag Fire on a Communist conspiracy is an example of the latter type. Or the claim that dissidents were working in concert to undermine Stalin's farm reforms. Or some common claims Republicans and Democrats make against each other.

When it comes to the Illuminati and the Bilderberger conspiracy subjects, there is a convergence of both types. And what I have discovered is layers and layer and layers of conspiracy theories of varying degrees of credibility are piled on top of one another like layers of frosting on a cake. So thickly layered, that they completely mask what lies underneath. But there seems to be a general tendency to MASK truth and MISDIRECT people to silly distractions - which is only helped by people who popularize the subject with books and videos and cultural products.

Really, most people don't even understand what Illuminism is. Others don't believe in it. But few people understand what it is really.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:34 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
u r probably right. but up until eisenhower broke into the death camps and filmed them, the german people of the 3rd reich never believed ever that their government was capable of what they found.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:49 PM

88,513 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4 fan View Post
Let me ask you this: am I naive or is there something psychologically "off" about people believing everything they read/watch in the media? Seems that most people are willing to believe anything said on the news, but are quick to commonly ask a person if they're wearing a "tinfoil hat" when they formulate their own ideas.

While I don't believe in all conspiracy theories, I certainly won't dismiss the plausible ones.
I don't think most people believe anything said on the news at all. Some do, sure, but most people these days are skeptical that they aren't being told the whole/correct story.

Old 11-23-2013, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
u r probably right. but up until eisenhower broke into the death camps and filmed them, the german people of the 3rd reich never believed ever that their government was capable of what they found.
I've never believed that generally, although I'm certain there had to have been many Germans who were clueless because they lived in the hinterlnds and paid no attention to the news.

Nevertheless, Mein Kampf was available to read, the excessive behavior of the Gestapo was well known, the anti-Jew laws and policies that were fully in force everywhere, and all the other countless signposts and milestones that were available to anyone willing to see...

... the Germans knew enough at least that they shouldn't have been surprised at all. They knew what kind of guys the Nazis were, at least as far back as the 20s.

Old 11-23-2013, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't think most people believe anything said on the news at all. Some do, sure, but most people these days are skeptical that they aren't being told the whole/correct story.

That's right. And that's what drives the creation of conspiracy theories amongst ordinary people. The innate human desire to make sense of the nonsensical. To interpret what can't be interpreted. And, that's ALSO what makes conspiracy theories so BENEFICIAL to tyrants and deceivers who want to either propagandize or counter-propagandize their citizenry.

Every conspiracy theory is valuable in some way. Even if to serve only as a model of bad design.

Old 11-23-2013, 01:21 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
9/11 War Crimes Tribunal - 9/11 War Crimes Tribunal

well said. Media kits and press talking points are often a form of propaganda.
Corporate media in America today is trash and distraction. You won't see the news about 911 War Crime tribunal unless you get Canadian tv.
Interesting information about the chief 'conspiracy-theorist' Jim Fetzer.

Maybe the "9/11 War Crimes Tribunal" made Canadian TV because Fetzer indicted the government of Canada as a chief co-conspirator with the US government in the 9/11 attack.

It does not, however, elaborate on Fetzer's assertion that the Sandy Hook massacre was planned and engineered by Israeli operatives. It also doesn't mention Fetzer's belief that all American Jews are more loyal to Israel than to the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology