Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 10:34 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,845,629 times

Advertisements

Excuse me I'm closterphobic can you step back 20 paces?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 11:18 PM

802 posts, read 1,681,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
That's a good solution. I have done that before when I got fed up. A good example is at McDonald's. You have the line, and then you have people who've already ordered waiting to get their order. Now if you've already order stand well away from the line (seriously some of them look like they're still standing in line, standing behind the line) so you don't confuse people.
McDonald's should create a better system for this. They could create an area/section designated for people that already ordered. When it's crowded, it's awkward as to where to stand once you already ordered. It's like you can't find a spot where you're not blocking someone.

Old 11-28-2013, 01:49 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,790,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees1212 View Post
McDonald's should create a better system for this. They could create an area/section designated for people that already ordered. When it's crowded, it's awkward as to where to stand once you already ordered. It's like you can't find a spot where you're not blocking someone.
I tend to stand in between the counters/cash registers actually, or else just to the side, if there's space. It depends how busy it is too. Usually it comes fast enough there's no point sitting down or something to wait.

Old 11-28-2013, 02:16 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,474,571 times
I like having my personal space and allow others theirs as well. I don't even have to be close to someone and if they start coughing like crazy I am out of there.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:53 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
You don't have to say anything.
Just turn and cough in their direction without covering your mouth.
No wonder you have so many rep points!
This is excellent!

Old 11-28-2013, 06:12 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,856,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
You don't have to say anything. Just turn and cough in their direction without covering your mouth.
Yep. Breaking wind and sneezing are better. Unfortunately, we generally can't do those things on command. One time i did swing my elbow back as if i were going to scratch my back. I hit the idiot behind me with it and he didn't still didn't back up. So i asked him(in an effeminate type of tone) to scratch my back for me. Yeah, he disappeared quick. To a different line entirely.

Last edited by Stratford, Ct. Resident; 11-28-2013 at 07:04 AM..

Old 11-28-2013, 06:47 AM

35,687 posts, read 21,039,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Yep. Breaking wind and sneezing are better. Unfortunately, we generally can't do those thing on command. One time i did swing my elbow back as if i were going to scratch my back. I hit the idiot behind me with it and he didn't still didn't back up. So i asked him(in an effeminate type of tone) to scratch my back for me. Yeah, he disappeared quick. To a different line entirely.
LMAO

Old 11-28-2013, 06:50 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,608,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
Argh, it happened again! I was at the pharmacy getting my allergy meds, and this lady comes extremely close to me. I turned around and looked at her. She didn't move. I then needed to pay for my meds. I whipped out my debit card and swiped, and I turned around and said, "Excuse me, I think you're standing too close to me." and she said, "Even if I see your pin number, I can't buy anything without getting your card from you." I stared at the screen because I was in shock by her response.

What are some ways to tell someone that they're standing too close?
I HATE THAT!

It is so freakin rude it's unbelievable!
Forget the pin number, one can change that, but I hate having someone I don't know breathing down my neck like that and crowding me! It just shows lack of parenting. Parents should be teaching this stuff, and not those non english speaking nannies poor kids are forced to live with or be raised by!

Old 11-28-2013, 07:10 AM

35,687 posts, read 21,039,129 times
non english speaking nannies poor kids are forced to live with or be raised by!
Oh My- do you know the nannies own kids have better manners?

Old 11-28-2013, 07:15 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,608,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
non english speaking nannies poor kids are forced to live with or be raised by!
Oh My- do you know the nannies own kids have better manners?
Maybe in 0.01% of the cases. (In which case they should stick to that). What I've seen first hand is not that. (Sadly). Is full blown ignorance, zero communication and zero manners teaching.

When someone gets that close to me at Publix I remind them about PERSONAL SPACE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology