Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2013, 02:29 AM

670 posts, read 817,185 times

Advertisements

I am the kind of person who bottles up their emotions,
I don't let things bother me,
I am not good at socializing with others, I've a few close friends,
I've been feeling depressed lately,
It has been that bad, and I don't know what's causing it.

I would like to figure that out.
I would say I started feeling like this a few months ago,
Today, a bunch of things happened at once and now it made me feel worse, even more depressed on top of that constant
Feeling I've been having lately.

I can't talk to the friend I've always relied on, some things happened and that person
Is one of the reasons I'm depressed, I have two other friends but I don't want to burden them
By ranting my head off and my other friend has known me longer and is who I always went to with
My problems till now, I can't.

It feels like I'm suffocating on bottle up emotions, mixed with a lot of other feelings and that depression.
I'm was forced to withdraw from a class, and I've never had to do so for the reason I did this time, which is
Caused by the depression, I don't have a girlfriend I'm too shy to open up to people, and I am self concious.

I don't want to be shy or anti-social any more, I can't stand it, but I've just been in my own bubble so long
That I can't seem to figure out how to burst it myself.

Sorry for ranting, I just couldn't sleep, so much stress hit me at one time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 04:44 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,054,906 times
Get outside - take a walk, a jog, go to a gym and exercise or some other physical activity.
Get a job - spend time around other people.
Spend less time on the computer.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:48 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,322,708 times
sorry to hear that you can no longer confide in the friend you were so close to before...you know, a friend doesn't consider it a burden when you confide to or even just lament to them...talk to your other friends...maybe they can make you feel better about yourself. The above post has some good ideas....also maybe volunteerinf your time for a worthy cause could help...hope you find the peace you desire...

Old 12-03-2013, 02:40 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,549,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post
I am the kind of person who bottles up their emotions,
I don't let things bother me,
I am not good at socializing with others, I've a few close friends,
I've been feeling depressed lately,
It has been that bad, and I don't know what's causing it.

I would like to figure that out.
I would say I started feeling like this a few months ago,
Today, a bunch of things happened at once and now it made me feel worse, even more depressed on top of that constant
Feeling I've been having lately.

I can't talk to the friend I've always relied on, some things happened and that person
Is one of the reasons I'm depressed, I have two other friends but I don't want to burden them
By ranting my head off
and my other friend has known me longer and is who I always went to with
My problems till now, I can't.

It feels like I'm suffocating on bottle up emotions, mixed with a lot of other feelings and that depression.
I'm was forced to withdraw from a class, and I've never had to do so for the reason I did this time, which is
Caused by the depression, I don't have a girlfriend I'm too shy to open up to people, and I am self concious.

I don't want to be shy or anti-social any more, I can't stand it, but I've just been in my own bubble so long
That I can't seem to figure out how to burst it myself.

Sorry for ranting, I just couldn't sleep, so much stress hit me at one time.
Well it looks like you have it figured out, you're lonely.
So you should try contact those two friends but don't rant and be a Debbie downer around them just do a quick chat with them via text message or facebook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology