Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2013, 05:48 PM

174 posts, read 181,636 times

Advertisements

Although progressives are working towards feminizing the male so they are less confrontational do not lose hope. There are still good conservative women out there that will treat you well and believe in the nuclear family. My advice is to leave the progressive city you are in and get away from the feminist freaks and surely you too will find an awesome wife as I did 5 years ago.

Old 12-14-2013, 07:25 PM

708 posts, read 823,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinctwentyone View Post
Although progressives are working towards feminizing the male so they are less confrontational do not lose hope. There are still good conservative women out there that will treat you well and believe in the nuclear family. My advice is to leave the progressive city you are in and get away from the feminist freaks and surely you too will find an awesome wife as I did 5 years ago.
I think the problem with that is when you ask yourself what these women outside of the progressive city are interested in. It often appears that when you venture out, you just change the stakes of hypergamy.

Are these good conservative women that men meet outside or elsewhere interested in them or their wallet, that's the question. Lots of guys go abroad and meet women, there may be some good ones somewhere but I wonder whether a lot of these guys would still meet those same women if they were near broke.

Old 12-14-2013, 08:07 PM

87 posts, read 139,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texabama View Post
That being said, modern society sets standards of behavior that are above the primal for the better of civilization overall.
Actually, a lot of societal norms are oppressive and bigoted.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:17 PM

428 posts, read 475,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
Excuse me all to he**.

On second thought, get off your high horse and go back to contemplating your belly button or whatever else you were doing to come up with such a ridiculous premise.

Or go out and live your life. I seriously don't care.
So why did you care to even reply in the first place ?
Seriously, i cannot understand some of you guys.....

Old 12-14-2013, 09:30 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post
My views were never formed by some views of other men on internet. They are formed by biological facts and nature. And yes, i Think its unusual for me to never see a single loving relationship in my life EVER maybe because such thing does not exist.

Yes, i think too deeply for a 18 year old because of my Ocd which force me to think about simple things again, again and again. So yes.that may sound unusual. Other than that, i think everything is ok.
And, no i haven't considered castration yet. Still searching.........
There are medications for OCD, and therapies.

Again, quit wasting your time here and get some help - you need it.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:43 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

Prince, you have a problem and need to follow Doctor LM's advice above.

Seek help now.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:49 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Default You only have to meet the right one

Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post
So why did you care to even reply in the first place ?
Seriously, i cannot understand some of you guys.....
Instead of "lumping" women together, try looking at them other than comparatively. LOOK at the one you are with and close off all thoughts of comparison. Is she warm? Sincere? Talkative or quiet? Do you like the same things? Are you able to derive pleasure from seeing her laugh? Does she overlook your idiosyncrasies? Are you able to overlook hers? Sex on the other hand can be great with a lot of women. Compatibility is a more difficult chore and the only one that makes any long term sense.

The good new is that you only have to find one---and there are 2 1/2 billion or more to select from.

I found mine 43 years ago and she is still irreplaceable.

Old 12-14-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamirD View Post
Wow, the teenage years sounded hellish indeed. But see that technique you learned about when your ocd comes up? That's the type of techniques you learn in therapy. For me it was about questioning my negative feelings for validation. Feelings are feelings and can't be altered, but if a feeling is based on a false premise then I could alter it. I found this technique extremely valuable and now use it unconsiously. Most people develop this naturally, but I didn't. I found it through therapy, which is fine by me.

I used to not believe in happy endings. I expected to live my life alone (and I was fine with it), but when I was able to marry who I consider someone I'm honored to just have in my life, moreless as my wife, it turned my ideas around. It does take hard work at times, no doubt, but there is something wonderful in life for all of us, whatever that may be.

Success in a relationship. Success in the happy ending that we both want to believe in, but sometimes doubt because of the world around us.

I'm like you too. I love helping people. It's the one thing that truly does make me genuinely happy when people appreciate it. But what I've learned in this life is that most people take advantage of people that genuinely give. So you end up becoming empty after giving all of yourself and getting not even appreciation in return. I've learned to not waste time on people that won't be grateful in the end. It's a bit selfish, but that is important. Because as you wisely said earlier in this thread--"You do not need to be loved, not at the cost of yourself. The single relationship that is truly central and crucial in a life is the relationship to the self. Of all the people you will know in a lifetime, you are the only one you will never lose."

What I meant by never too late is that it doesn't matter if you don't figure all this out until you're 60. People think that life can't happen after a certain age. I'm living proof that it can--I'm 38 and I feel like I'm in my late 20s. I just got married even when my friends have two kids by now. But I'm truly happy, and that's what matters.
I don't know how to be selfish. I don't help people to get appreciation. Its just my genuine desire to do so especially those who are in need. I don't think i have ever been taken advantage of due to this though. Yes i do know what i said but i don't think it has anything to do with helping people.
People go out, make tons of money, be selfish, want to have it all ONLY to lose everything one day because its invetible. So i just thought why not take these resources to make poor people happy, put smile on their face, do charities etc
I even want my body parts like my eyes etc to be given to those who cannot see the world after my Death. I mostly plan my future by thinking about these things all the time. I would be no help if i join a monastry.
We all want some sort of peace in our life at the end of the day,

As for the Ocd part, i mean yes, i start treating my ocd as devil who want to take advantage of me, who want to destroy my innocence and every good quality i once had. Did your therepist adviced you the same ?
So it means i am heading in right Direction, right ? I believe so
I was reading the other thread where a guy posted the image of ocd brain. It was scary.

You have already get a happy start and don't worry happy ending would follow.
You are married and that is cool because it makes you happy but when i look at my future ( if it exists at all given that i do not die tomorrow) then i would be living alone and making a good life for myself. Maybe adopt a dog because i love dogs and they love you unconditonally too. They could be your biggest support, your cheerleader. And i would love to have many of them. They are said man's best friend for a reason.

Old 12-14-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

Its me who would decide if i need help or not. So don't worry about it. Move on. I am not mad and don't want other people to tell me so

And there is no treatment for Ocd. You cannot change what you are born with
And there are so many guys like me. Does it mean, they all need help ?

Old 12-14-2013, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Prince, you have a problem and need to follow Doctor LM's advice above.

Seek help now.
Don't tell me this. It takes huge effort to make myself feel like i am not mad.
I do not need help nor i want to destroy my feelings anymore. I just want to move on....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology