Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 11:11 PM

51 posts, read 89,095 times

Advertisements

Instantly reminds me of Ghetto low life criminal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2013, 11:15 PM

607 posts, read 1,388,419 times
See me walkin wid a limp, that's my gunwalk........

Old 12-25-2013, 11:30 PM

4,153 posts, read 4,393,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Is it mostly just a regional/cultural thing, or is it more linked to personality type? What would be the foibles, vulnerabilities, and weaknesses of such a person? I mean aside from wasting energy due to all the excess side-to-side motion, and perhaps ankle-knee-joint problems later in life.

I'm not talking about the normal guy who walks with a little extra pep after he wins the big game, gets the big date, etc. I'm talking about the guy whose entire torso seems to rotate almost 180 degrees, usually with elbows jutting out, just walking to go to the restroom or to go to lunch.

Anyone have any insight for me?
Read the book, What Every BODY Is Saying, an ex-FBI agent's guide to Speed-Reading people, by Joe Navarro. It may enable you to better recognize the body language in context of what you are trying to discern.

As an aside I had a former boss of department some years back, who, upon taking over a lead role for a department of 130 plus employees and other contract partners state, upon his first 'all hands' meeting that he wanted all his employees to have a 'swagger'. It cracked me up. The guy lasted about three years after his swagger got him a 'dressing down/ slap down' from the corporate suite types. Too long of story to share.

Moral of story don't try to assert oneself into the top sphere pretentiously, and also don't let your swagger entice you to cheat on wife and kids. Last heard he was divorced and job hunting (with swagger- of course!).

https://www.semperfidelis.ro/request.php?116

Oh, and every time I hear this song I want to substitute "with Swagger" for "like Jagger"

Maroon 5 - Moves Like Jagger ft. Christina Aguilera - YouTube

Now I'm gonna go practice

Old 12-26-2013, 02:50 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,277,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo
Read the book, What Every BODY Is Saying, an ex-FBI agent's guide to Speed-Reading people, by Joe Navarro. It may enable you to better recognize the body language in context of what you are trying to discern.
Thanks I will track down a copy of that. And you reminded me of another book I recently heard about that is somewhat related.
Spy the Lie | Philip Houston, Michael Floyd, and Susan Carnicero with Don Tennant | Macmillan

by a former CIA guy, it's about how to detect when someone is lying.

Old 12-26-2013, 05:13 AM

5,342 posts, read 3,826,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post

As an aside I had a former boss of department some years back, who, upon taking over a lead role for a department of 130 plus employees and other contract partners state, upon his first 'all hands' meeting that he wanted all his employees to have a 'swagger'. It cracked me up. The guy lasted about three years after his swagger got him a 'dressing down/ slap down' from the corporate suite types. Too long of story to share.

Moral of story don't try to assert oneself into the top sphere pretentiously, and also don't let your swagger entice you to cheat on wife and kids. Last heard he was divorced and job hunting (with swagger- of course!).

https://www.semperfidelis.ro/request.php?116

Oh, and every time I hear this song I want to substitute "with Swagger" for "like Jagger"

Maroon 5 - Moves Like Jagger ft. Christina Aguilera - YouTube

Now I'm gonna go practice
Joe Navarro didn't impress me all that much when he offered his sporadic commentary on poker tells for the ESPN telecast of the 2012 World Series of Poker. Detracted from the telecast, in fact, IMO, as all his insights seemed to be inextricably intertwined with the 20/20-ness of hindsight. Always-entertaining Norman Chad made a few cracks at his expense that were along these lines.

Would've been much more interesting if he was forced to offer live (slightly tape-delayed) commentary on say the final table.

Old 12-26-2013, 05:58 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,900,119 times
I don't do that, and any "man" who does this screams 1. inferiority complex and 2. small schlong.

Old 12-26-2013, 08:49 AM

723 posts, read 863,802 times
no one walks with a swagger naturally, ie. he's putting it on, ie. he's probably some insecure, narcissistic idiot with no concept of how silly it makes him look.

Old 12-29-2013, 04:34 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,296,928 times
There is no one psychological profile for a person who walks with a swagger. How absurd to suggest so.

If you're working with a person like this, be direct, open, honest, and respectful. Don't be discriminatory, condescending, confrontational, or judgmental.

Above all, do YOUR job well.

Old 09-21-2014, 06:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,241 times
you sound like a ***** ass hater LMAO... youre so jealous of the guy walking with confidence that you have to vent to random people on how much you hate it LMFAO, WUSS

Old 09-21-2014, 06:15 PM

15,475 posts, read 15,446,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazepurple View Post
you sound like a ***** ass hater LMAO... youre so jealous of the guy walking with confidence that you have to vent to random people on how much you hate it LMFAO, WUSS

What exactly is an "ass hater"? And have you ever considered using standard punctuation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology