Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2014, 02:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,295 times

Advertisements

I am going through a divorce. He, to say the least is satan reincarnated. He took my son, my car and all the money and fled to Idaho...I live in Arizona. He was military, we moved alot and I gave up everything, marrying him at 17 and following him around the country to make sure HIS career thrived. I am now 25 and have no more skills than a food service worker...and the thought of going back to work with a bunch of teenagers...and angry people complaining about cold burgers makes me sick. He wants child support even though he makes 4 grand a month...half from "disability" from the army. He was an alcoholic and hit me...thats why I left in the first place...now I have nothing and he is ruining my life.... and I suffer and cry every night from the loss of my son... is there anyone out there that has gone or is going through what I am going through? Please reach out...I dont know how much more of this ****ty worthless life I can take.... My heart is in Idaho, my son, the reason I lived and breathed is in Idaho and I have no way of getting there...someone please reach out....someone please tell me I am not the only one....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2014, 02:16 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,426,651 times
Why didn't you take your child, car and money when you left him? Did you not have a lawyer? Without knowing details there's always 2 sides to every story, Sounds like you need a plan, get a job even if it's flipping burgers, save your money and get out there, you could prob get a cheap rideshare thru craigslist and you prob. Need to go to legal aid for help

Old 09-21-2014, 05:54 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,466,347 times
Moving this thread to the Psychology forum.

Old 09-21-2014, 06:47 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
You "lost custody"?

That means you have been to court. What did your attorney say? What did your husband's CO say? The military tends to take the bad behavior of soldiers very seriously. When you reported the abuse, what was their response?

There seems to be a lot missing in this story.

Old 09-22-2014, 08:05 AM

830 posts, read 1,666,913 times
This echoes of what a friend of mine went through 20 years ago. She's doing pretty well now.

Move close to your son, and work, work, work!

Yes, food service can be nasty, I've been through good and bad with it. Stop thinking of all that can go wrong and think about what can go right. People come to work in food service from all walks of life, much like retail.

I'm sorry that you're missing your son, I can't imagine how that feels.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:37 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,885,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufferingandalone25 View Post
I am going through a divorce. He, to say the least is satan reincarnated. He took my son, my car and all the money and fled to Idaho...I live in Arizona. He was military, we moved alot and I gave up everything, marrying him at 17 and following him around the country to make sure HIS career thrived. I am now 25 and have no more skills than a food service worker...and the thought of going back to work with a bunch of teenagers...and angry people complaining about cold burgers makes me sick. He wants child support even though he makes 4 grand a month...half from "disability" from the army. He was an alcoholic and hit me...thats why I left in the first place...now I have nothing and he is ruining my life.... and I suffer and cry every night from the loss of my son... is there anyone out there that has gone or is going through what I am going through? Please reach out...I dont know how much more of this ****ty worthless life I can take.... My heart is in Idaho, my son, the reason I lived and breathed is in Idaho and I have no way of getting there...someone please reach out....someone please tell me I am not the only one....
I'm confused, I'm not trying to doubt what you say or give you a hard time, but some of what you've said is a little conflicting. Did you lose custody of your son (by court order) or did you husband just up and take him away without your (or the courts) consent? If the latter, you need to go to the police since this may be considered domestic kidnapping or parental child abduction. If you lost custody by court order, I'm sorry, but apart from getting a new, better lawyer and trying again, there's nothing you can do. And if you're unwilling to work to pay for that lawyer, there's definitely nothing you can do. I know a menial job is disheartening but getting your son back should be motivation enough to put up with it. Would you not do anything to get him back? Even work in a menial job so you can save up enough to pay for a lawyer to take your husband to court?

Old 09-22-2014, 04:07 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,981,005 times
Sorry to hear what happened to you.

However, if you don't have work or just get by somehow, how did you wanna raise your child if you would win custody?

Is your ex abusive to your son as well?

Judges usually don't just take away children from their mother. It would be great if you could give us a little more details.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology