Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 09:20 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,565,885 times

Advertisements

I feel like just a big ball of feelings and it's relentless. Every day feels like an emotional rollercoaster. I wish I could make it stop sometimes. It's driving me crazy! Anyone else feel this way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 09:25 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,271,918 times
Not lately. I've been on a pretty even keel these past couple years.

Is this a constant state for you or a new thing?

Old 01-03-2014, 09:27 AM

11,367 posts, read 24,329,295 times
It's probably your hormones, unfortunately. And no, I'm not saying it's PMS or other lame cop out. Some women have a rough time because we endure crazy surges that prevent us from having consistent emotions.

If you're looking for help, rather than just empathy, try getting more exercise and fresh air. Eat better. You can talk to a doctor. Get out and socialize more, with real people, face to face. Be busier. Find a challenging task, other than managing your worries.

It's not all in your head, but you need to get out of your head and focus on external things to make any progress.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:27 AM

888 posts, read 1,096,171 times
YES! And it sucks!! I got all worked up about something yesterday and it took a long time to decompress! Sorry Srjth. I understand how frustrating it is.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
It's probably your hormones, unfortunately. And no, I'm not saying it's PMS or other lame cop out. Some women have a rough time because we endure crazy surges that prevent us from having consistent emotions.

If you're looking for help, rather than just empathy, try getting more exercise and fresh air. Eat better. You can talk to a doctor. Get out and socialize more, with real people, face to face. Be busier. Find a challenging task, other than managing your worries.

It's not all in your head, but you need to get out of your head and focus on external things to make any progress.
Meditation helps, too. A good book on it (like "Wherever You Go, There You Are") will walk you through the process.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Not lately. I've been on a pretty even keel these past couple years.

Is this a constant state for you or a new thing?
Constant.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:35 AM

112 posts, read 117,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I feel like just a big ball of feelings and it's relentless. Every day feels like an emotional rollercoaster. I wish I could make it stop sometimes. It's driving me crazy! Anyone else feel this way?

Is this just a general feeling, or is it with regard to your romantic relationships or lack thereof??

Old 01-03-2014, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBannedStand View Post
Is this just a general feeling, or is it with regard to your romantic relationships or lack thereof??
Everything, just everything.

I may get busy at work today so sorry if I don't reply for a while. I will come back as soon as I can!

Old 01-03-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Constant.
I think it's time to see a doctor and a therapist. It sounds like a chemical issue. If it's making you this distressed, you will feel better just by taking some action. It doesn't sound like a severe depression to me - when I was severely depressed my emotions ranged from "pit of despair" to "blank."

But it does sound like something's off with the regulation of your emotions - I've experienced that mainly in periods of extreme stress, and it's terrible to go through. By enlisting a doctor and a therapist, you will give yourself the basis for a solid support team.

I'm sorry you're going through this. Feeling powerless in the face of your own emotions is no fun.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:49 AM

112 posts, read 117,386 times
1 in 4 American women is on some form of psychiatric meds.

Sounds like maybe you should consider joining the ranks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology