Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 12:28 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times

Advertisements

How did the topic get onto rape? That is WAY off-topic!

Old 01-31-2014, 12:28 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,368,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi85 View Post
Deep as in psychologically.
Come to think of it more women are inclined to be religious. That is they take things at face value. Whereas men question it.
You hardly get to meet women who are into philosophy or astronomy(many astronomy clubs I attended hardly had women, there were there but few).
Social anxiety, depression, mood swings- I don't have the stats but most of the online forums are heavily dominated by men.
Existentialist angst- the purpose of life, meaning of existence...again I hardly find any women philosopher pondering over these issues the way men have throughout history and to this day.
Lastly the college dating scene- Its as if men have to reprogram themselves to act a certain way, talk certain subjects in front of the ladies if they need any success. Which usually means talking certain subjects. If you talk about space or dinosaurs at best you'd be considered geeky, at worst creepy. And women are much much better at social things like gatherings, attending classes and all that stuff. Most guys I asked would rather stay at home(have a home gathering).

What I am trying to get at is that there is a massive difference in the way both genders approach life. Always has been and perhaps always will be. I just read another thread on suicide and I found it so true- men are much prone to be depressed, be pissed off, be angry. Angry at the state of the world, musing over philosophical quandaries and worrying. Women, for the most part couldn't care less it seems. So, from a subjective perspective which way to live happily is the right way?
Actually, more men die of suicide than women because they are better at making sure it happens. Like shooting themselves in the head, as opposed to trying to commit suicide with pills and being found before they take effect.

In my personal experience of 60+ years, I find women to be FAR more insightful than men. And statistics often show that women suffer more depression than men. Most men believe a pat on the back (or butt) is enough to offer a friend having emotional problems. Those pats are worthless!

Old 01-31-2014, 12:35 PM

254 posts, read 318,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
They are messing up anything because they are not statiscal significant.

The fact is that rape is hard to prove. It is the nature of the beast and you cannot create a system where everything is perfect. Innocent people will always get convicted and criminals will get away with murder. Very few psychos make false allegations but you seem to be implying it is quite common. Most women will not make false accusations, some just don'thave a way to prove they were raped. Women get in survival mode and might not want to attack back because they might get seriously hurt or killed. Some just want it to end as soon as possible. Again they are trying to survive. Many women never report rape because they know the odds are against them and the shame and pity are not worth the trouble. This is not your average home burglary report.

Life is not like in the movies or CSI shows where there is always some magical evidence that shows up to solve every case. Sometimes you can't prove everything. Life is unfair. Life is even more unfair to women because they lack physical strength. What is real is that most people are not that evil or brave to make false accusations. You are just selecting a very small percentage of the female population and making it sound like most women would behave that way. I think you should really analyze why you choose to label women like that just by the behavior of very a few amount of rotten apples. I hope you don't tell me you're just playing, I think you have invested to much time generalizing women to be just playing.
I would say the lies are frequent. A woman lied on me, the medical evidence showed no indication of rape (young, white, 17 year old woman when I was 20), but it did find she has an STD, which was not admissible in court (but she portrayed herself as an innocent little virgin like girl--she was in fact a "lose woman" that willingly had sex with two men).

I think there is more physical indications of forcible rape than you give credit for. According to a forensic anthropology course I took in college, a prevailing theory in criminal investigation is that evidence is always left [at a crime scene].

What really astonishes me is the ease at which so many girls and women can lie about rape. They act the part and seem to have zero care about destroying the lives of innocent men.

Bear in mind I've been sodomized for crack cocaine. I've done many things for crack, so, I feel just as bad with my choices and being taken advantage of in vulnerable positions, as any young woman dancing her butt around that then gets talked into a threesome or gang bang with many men but feels bad about it afterwards.

Maybe drinking alcohol she can claim rape. No guy intoxicated or high on crack can call rape for being drunk or high and allowing 7 guys to sodomize him.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:48 PM

254 posts, read 318,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Is there a contest on City-Data for most bizarre sentence embedded in a post or something?

I had no idea there even WAS a typical heterosexual American Woman's response about cleaning cruddy cheese off uncircumcised men's penises. I've lived a sheltered life.
You have.

What I wrote was from responses from more than one liberal, American [black, mulattas, and whites] Woman I've read in replies to some Black-American gay guy. Mind you all of them caricatured me and hated me for regarding homosexuality as immoral.

For the record--for you sheltered American women that are liberal jihadis--I know from dealing with male veterans in the VA, that there are a number of heterosexual men that were molested as boys by male family members or one or more males in the military, that do not like "gayness."

One I distinctly remember was a tall, muscular, young, handsome, Black-American man that was a kick boxer and former Army Special Forces soldier. Party of his therapy was coming to deal with his past sexual trauma as a boy when he was sexually molested and emasculated by some male family members. And due to that he was vigilant in his "masculinity" and very sensitive to any indication he perceived that one saw him as gay or unmasculine. "Sensitive" in the sense he could turn violent.

So, your (American women's) horse sh*t views that all heterosexual men must be not "totally cool" with all things gay because they are some KKK-like people wanting to lynch all gay men simply because they are religious is wrong.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:54 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,251,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynach View Post
I think it is very subjective. If men KNOW a woman is posting they treat her very differently and not too kindly either. That doesn't encourage participation.
I was deeply involved in Jericho fandom, and it was not just interested in the show but the world of the show and the real life elements it encompassed. One was how nukes would change a war. Once I was on chat, and the conversations was getting rather deep, and I was arguing with this guy over a point. Then I just happened to mention I was female, and he comes back with this accented comment, as in he was really really surprised, Your a woman?????

I had such a good laugh, and went on with the discussion. He just said he didn't think women thought about this kind of things.

Surprise! He found out a few of the others were not guys too. He said I 'thought like a man'.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:34 PM

3,455 posts, read 8,341,308 times
Quote:
Those to me are personal attacks but is is possible that was not his intention. He probably has some prejudice against women based on past experiences and those type of comments are just telling how he really feels.

I think most people don't realize when they are attacking others because they are in victim mode. They feel victimized by other posters or specific groups' behavior. Sometimes they hold grudges against a group (women, men, blacks, whites, liberals etc) and they vent by posting negative generalizations about that group. The result is that members of those groups get angry and defensive and stop listening to the argument and start attacking back.

There are very few posters who are able to avoid personal attacks. Many of those are very smart people with a lot of self awareness but ocassionaly you find people with average intelligence who were blessed with great genes but most of us were not that lucky.
well said.

some of the ideas and thoughts in this thread are just bizarre.

blind leading the blind...

Old 01-31-2014, 01:51 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,967,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunStorm View Post
I would say the lies are frequent. A woman lied on me, the medical evidence showed no indication of rape (young, white, 17 year old woman when I was 20), but it did find she has an STD, which was not admissible in court (but she portrayed herself as an innocent little virgin like girl--she was in fact a "lose woman" that willingly had sex with two men).

I think there is more physical indications of forcible rape than you give credit for. According to a forensic anthropology course I took in college, a prevailing theory in criminal investigation is that evidence is always left [at a crime scene].

What really astonishes me is the ease at which so many girls and women can lie about rape. They act the part and seem to have zero care about destroying the lives of innocent men.

Bear in mind I've been sodomized for crack cocaine. I've done many things for crack, so, I feel just as bad with my choices and being taken advantage of in vulnerable positions, as any young woman dancing her butt around that then gets talked into a threesome or gang bang with many men but feels bad about it afterwards.

Maybe drinking alcohol she can claim rape. No guy intoxicated or high on crack can call rape for being drunk or high and allowing 7 guys to sodomize him.
When you say "so many girls lie about rape" What is "so many" for you? Is it a percentage? A number? My point was that most women don't make false accusations and it is not accurate to generalize a whole group by the behavior of only a few members. You observation is based on one of your experiences, not in statistical analysis. I wasn't there, I don't know what took place but rape statistics don't support that many women make false rape accusations.

Having sex with a person who is too intoxicated to give consent is rape. Just because some men or women don't report it it doesn't mean it isn't.

And no evidence is not always left, only in TV shows all the bad guys get caught. Real life is not as rosy.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:53 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,386 times
Quote:
When you say "so many girls lie about rape" What is "so many" for you? Is it a percentage? A number? My point was that most women don't make false accusations and it is not accurate to generalize a whole group by the behavior of only a few members. You observation is based on one of your experiences, not in statistical analysis. I wasn't there, I don't know what took place but rape statistics don't support that many women make false rape accusations.

Having sex with a person who is too intoxicated to give consent is rape. Just because some men or women don't report it it doesn't mean it isn't.

And no evidence is not always left, only in TV shows all the bad guys get caught. Real life is not as rosy.
This is BS...what if both parties are drunk. If you don't want to have your inhibitions lowered then manage your goddamn drinking. If you can get a DUI for drinking and driving and can't use the excuse that oh I was impaired and don't remember driving doesn't get you off the damn hook. So then why is this any different?

I know a girl who pulls this crap all the time and ends up in some random guys bed. And then claims rape all the time...makes me angry to all hell.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:34 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,109,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
This is BS...what if both parties are drunk. If you don't want to have your inhibitions lowered then manage your goddamn drinking. If you can get a DUI for drinking and driving and can't use the excuse that oh I was impaired and don't remember driving doesn't get you off the damn hook. So then why is this any different?

I know a girl who pulls this crap all the time and ends up in some random guys bed. And then claims rape all the time...makes me angry to all hell.
Well then she had serious mental issues

Don't equate your personal ancedotes with what is a horrific reality for some.

Some women lie about it.
And some women cover it up.

I wish there was more demand for men to be as self respecting as there is for women.

Don't want to be falsely accused of rape? Make sure you know who you are sleeping with is a) not a nutcase b) is really into it.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:07 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Well then she had serious mental issues

Don't equate your personal ancedotes with what is a horrific reality for some.

Some women lie about it.
And some women cover it up.

I wish there was more demand for men to be as self respecting as there is for women.

Don't want to be falsely accused of rape? Make sure you know who you are sleeping with is a) not a nutcase b) is really into it.
Did you not read my post earlier about how girls such as this make a mockery of the whole thing. Read the points we have all made before jumping into the thread.

One time I was at a house party passed out from that 4 locos garbage and this girl got into bed with me and started hooking up with me. She totally initiated it and then after a couple of minutes I came to my senses and pushed her off. She kept trying for a few more minutes and then she got angry because they were people in the room we were just under the covers. She was embarrassed so back in her town she told everyone I took advantage of her. Ruined my reputation UNTIL people from the party told everyone what really happened. And she lost all her friends and her reputation was tarnished.

But think about what could have happened to me had I not had witnesses. I had a girlfriend and I never cheat...When my girlfriend found out she beat that girls ass so bad.

I can give you thousands of other examples this isn't just a few crazy girls. I am not trying to take anything from the women that were actually raped. They should be some protection for men too in this whole thing and I strongly believe this drunk and having sex consensually at the time thing turning into rape is bs. I don't care if I take heat for saying it but if was wasted to the point of throwing up and barely able to move and still realize what was happening even if it took me a few minutes. Then a woman can do the same...its only after the woman says no or is resisting that I believe it turns into rape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology