Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 04:26 PM

19,036 posts, read 27,599,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
While there's never any shortage of violence or "doom and gloom" in the world (climate change, the economy, politics, energy, pollution, etc.), others point to improving trends in areas like health, democracy, technology, and even poverty.

So on the whole, do you think we are "evolving" and gradually improving as a species (psychologically, culturally, physically, spiritually, whatever), or is it basically just "the same old sh*t, different day"?

Evolutionary Psychology

Nothing is evolving. Everything is developing. Or progressing. As a part of Eternal Order of Progression.

As of the highlighted passage above... It's nothing but a part of the program:

ONLY LIES PRINTED

15. Methods of organization like these, imperceptible to the public eye but absolutely sure, are the best calculated to succeed in bringing the attention and the confidence of the public to the side of our government. Thanks to such methods we shall be in a position as from time to time may be required, to excite or to tranquillize the public mind on political questions, to persuade or to confuse, printing now truth, now lies, facts or their contradictions, according as they may be well or ill received, always very cautiously feeling our ground before stepping upon it .... WE SHALL HAVE A SURE TRIUMPH OVER OUR OPPONENTS SINCE THEY WILL NOT HAVE AT THEIR DISPOSITION ORGANS OF THE PRESS IN WHICH THEY CAN GIVE FULL AND FINAL EXPRESSION TO THEIR VIEWS owing to the aforesaid methods of dealing with the press. We shall not even need to refute them except very superficially.

The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 02:43 PM

1,485 posts, read 954,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
I don't believe we are evolving, and when you look at history it has a way of repeating itself, which tells me we do not learn or become better from our mistakes. The only thing that may have evolved us slightly is technology, and even that opens up another debate (i.e. is it dumbing us down?)
I think humans are devolving, on their way back to the ground from where we came. We aren't incredibly intelligent or god like. All the evidence points to the earth as ready to spit us out. We're only on this earth for a blip of time. Then another speicies will evolve and become dominant.

Old 03-11-2014, 10:21 AM

543 posts, read 943,695 times
I honestly feel it is the technology to blame. Look at the kids today and compare them to kids of 1995- as recent as that. Everyone is immersed in their laptops and smartphones and what not. I lived in Canada for two years and I am returning again. I loved most aspects of life there-indeed most aspects of western culture(I am East Indian) but the one thing I abhorred so, so, so very much was how mechanical everyone was.
Like robots working in an assembly line. And this aspect is taking over the East also- India, every Indian proudly proclaims is westernizing. Economy and latest gadgets and what not. What they don't realize is that there is a heavy price to pay for this.

I also maintain that we are becoming too far removed from nature. I was in Vancouver, near the Oceans and automatically I felt rejuvenated. I shut down my mobile phone for three days, put away my laptop and walked and jumped on trees in the park and I felt ALIVE.

Western society was formed on the backbone of adventurists, dreamers and explorers. But that aspect is all but lost among the youth today. No one wants to go learn sailing, nobody is interested in hiking and trekking. It is all about the telly, all about twitter and all about how many people you've slept with.

We humans have a connected consciousness. Read ancient mythologies from around the world- They all have the same arch, the same prototype. But that hero's journey has been all but buried. That is happiness- self discovery, family, love. Not working like a drone to buy the latest smartphone to upload your selfie to get as many likes as you can. Photographs are for memories, but today they are taken to get approval. That is the core problem'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology