Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2014, 12:24 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,134,329 times

Advertisements

I am not sure where this idea belongs, philosophy, psychology, relationships...? But I just learned something and wanted to share.

I learned something new today and wanted to share.

You know how in the physical world there is distance and it takes time for people to travel from point A to point B… But in the spiritual world (or so it’s called for now), things happen instantaneously. It’s like there is no distance. You can be in point B just by thinking about it, in an instant.

Well, it turns out the same thing applies to relationships and falling in love.

On earth it takes time for people to fall in love. And the reason is this: it takes time for them to find out more and more about each other. So when they talk and interact, they find out more and more and more and gradually fall in love. The reason they fall in love is that they start to see things about this person that they like. They usually can’t see all of these things at once. The more things they see that they like, the more they will love the person.

And when they know enough, (for love to be born), then they fall in love.

But what if you could know everything about the person instantly? What if you could look right into the person’s soul and know instantly which things you like about a person and which things you don’t like. So, then you would not need any time to pass before you could fall in love.

Because time is only necessary because we can’t perceive all the information (all the things we like about a person all at once).

So, if you know instantly everything about this person, you will be instantly attracted to all those qualities. And if there is enough of them, you will fall in love immediately.

The reason I was even thinking about this is because I have this friend who met this lady and they knew each other for a time that’s not considered very long. And yet they have deep feelings for each other and he said that it was too fast and that it was scaring him (that there is something wrong with that because usually it takes a longer time for a healthy relationship).

And I was thinking about that. And then it dawned on me: these two people talk so much every day and share so much with each other, it’s like they are exchanging all kinds of information on fast forward speed. And the next amazing thing was that this lady was able to observe the qualities in this person that it took me a few years to observe.

So, let’s say, I would have liked this person also if I observed this quality. But it took me a few years to realize he had it. So maybe after a few years I would fall in love (I am talking about a bunch of qualities and just using “one” as an example).

But if this lady was able to see him NOW like I would see him in a few years, it’s no wonder that she would feel for him NOW like I could maybe in a few years. (But of course it takes many things on both sides to make this happen).

But the point is: they know about each other so much, that most people only discover in a few years. So I told him: don’t worry, your relationship is healthy because you’re doing the same things others are doing except that you’re doing it on a fast forward speed.

Usually, people are afraid to share with each other, so they “test the waters” so to speak and share a little bit at a time. And that’s why it takes so long. But these two people felt immediately like they could trust each other and so they shared everything right away.

But I think that this relationship is even healthier than others because of the fact that they were able to share so much. First of all, it shows that they are REALLY excellent at communication. And they are good at discerning who you could trust. And the lady was good at telling him stuff she did not like or was afraid of. So he was able to reassure her in all kinds of ways and to make sure he didn’t do the things she did not like. So no wonder if went so well.

Well, add to that the fact that they naturally seem to have many things and thinking in common. It was quite a miracle. This friend has a child and knew that it would cause an additional problem in trying to find someone. But it just so happened that this woman was never married, but wants children and even wanted to adopt someone, but at the last moment it fell through. So she would actually be excited about the possibility of getting a man with a child.

And there were lots of amazing things. But I am moving away from the subject. The fact is that I realized that time to fall in love is only necessary if people cannot (for different reasons) share and observe information about each other fast enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2014, 12:26 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
This belongs in Religion/Spirituality.

Old 02-02-2014, 12:29 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Excellent! Love it!
And thanks...OP, that is.

Hard to know where it goes...love is psychological, pysiological, spiritual...
It depends on who protests the most...so therefore, relationships or spirituality will
buck it least, imo.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This belongs in Religion/Spirituality.
The amount of time it takes to fall in love is a spiritual subject?

Was it not a logical conclusion? Or is it really that hard to believe that time (for falling in love) is only needed because people can't exchange information about themselves in an instant... and the fact that the exchange is all that's needed for someone to fall in love.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:52 AM

n/a posts
when people fall in love with one another, is it based on them knowing each other well?

Old 02-03-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
when people fall in love with one another, is it based on them knowing each other well?
Well, besides the looks, besides the physical chemistry, I am talking about falling in love with someone's personality. Some say: "As I got to know her/him more and more, I fell in love more and more.

Or people are friends at first and later can fall in love once they finally focus (pay attention/catch) those traits they like (those they did not notice at first).

Old 02-03-2014, 08:25 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Uh-huh.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:30 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,968,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveWisdom View Post
Well, besides the looks, besides the physical chemistry, I am talking about falling in love with someone's personality. Some say: "As I got to know her/him more and more, I fell in love more and more.

Or people are friends at first and later can fall in love once they finally focus (pay attention/catch) those traits they like (those they did not notice at first).
I think you are talking about similarity. Some researchers say similarity causes attraction. Some people can be acquaintances for years and then when they are forced to talk and know the other person, attraction might develop.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G2-3045302452.html

Old 02-05-2014, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I think you are talking about similarity. Some researchers say similarity causes attraction. Some people can be acquaintances for years and then when they are forced to talk and know the other person, attraction might develop.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G2-3045302452.html
Well, I am not sure if it's similarities or something else, but I think it's - things you like about a person, things that attract you to the other person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology