Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 02:26 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,175,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSloan View Post
Lack of interests, Lack of passion, Dry Humor, Rigid, Stiff personality, Socially awkward in conversations, Sloth/Inactive
I agree with all of these except the dry humor. It is better than the corny, slapstick humor. You are correct all the other traits are definitely boring. I'll let others continue..have said my share. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 04:31 AM

183 posts, read 294,832 times
well I intend to buy a taser gun and see how effective it is does this make me stupid or interesting yes a provacative way of saying moderation is always the key the thing is I have seen drive of so many a good men go to waste for the betterment of the group meaning set examples for your drive for your effort not the I am so good that I can do my thing and help you with your problems in a you have food now way

Old 02-21-2014, 08:26 AM

2,001 posts, read 2,505,797 times
I'd rather say that being boring doesn't have a definition. I might be quite boring to some people and quite interesting to others. I think it all depends of our interests and personalities.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:22 AM

20,707 posts, read 19,883,738 times
Somebody who lacks ambition, passion or an opinion, no sense of humour.

Who doesn't participate in anything or if so, only does it half a$$ed and without obvious enjoyment.

Hell, all that sounds like my ex. Ugh.

Just being a shy or quiet person doesn't equal boring for me.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:49 AM

6 posts, read 7,733 times
Default Actually, I think that is rather interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by criedman101 View Post
I think I'm a really boring person. I have friends and we go out a lot, but I spend the majority of my time looking at news online and writing in forums. My friends always complain when I send them a link of what I'm doing.

"Seriously, is all you do is read and write? You are sooo friggeen boring!
I have friends who send me news articles. I cannot possible digest all the information out there. So having friends point things out to me that I may have missed is welcome.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:33 AM

865 posts, read 1,484,546 times
I think this would describe me, although I am not sad about it...I am a science person, have an mid level career, enjoy spending time with my pets, enjoy watching TV, like to go to the gym and use the treadmill (occassionally run), always pay my bills on time and save money, try to be polite, never really go drinking, don't have any real vices (except for chocolate and coffee), and really am a straight and narrow kind of person. Maybe a little OCD also. Don't have the gift of gab, and not the best at telling stories. I also am not very expressive, and like to observe more than participate - an ISTJ. Not big into drama or talking about subjects that get people really upset. I know that makes me wildly boring to the outside observer, but I am very stable and a little guarded with that stability. Not a big fan of drama, and not what the world would call "exciting." There are times I tried to change myself when I was younger to make myself more "exciting", but I realized this is who I am, and there is nothing wrong with that. Not a lot of people are going to get me, and I am going to be ignored by some because of my personality. I'm not saying this stuff to be down on myself, I just get that I am not the most exciting person in the room, but I do have other talents. I just come across as boring, and don't have a lot of charimsa.

Old 02-21-2014, 11:33 AM

166 posts, read 277,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I didn't know if you were kidding, but this was very honest of you.
I'm serious.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:41 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,175,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
I think this would describe me, although I am not sad about it...I am a science person, have an mid level career, enjoy spending time with my pets, enjoy watching TV, like to go to the gym and use the treadmill (occassionally run), always pay my bills on time and save money, try to be polite, never really go drinking, don't have any real vices (except for chocolate and coffee), and really am a straight and narrow kind of person. Maybe a little OCD also. Don't have the gift of gab, and not the best at telling stories. I also am not very expressive, and like to observe more than participate - an ISTJ. Not big into drama or talking about subjects that get people really upset. I know that makes me wildly boring to the outside observer, but I am very stable and a little guarded with that stability. Not a big fan of drama, and not what the world would call "exciting." There are times I tried to change myself when I was younger to make myself more "exciting", but I realized this is who I am, and there is nothing wrong with that. Not a lot of people are going to get me, and I am going to be ignored by some because of my personality. I'm not saying this stuff to be down on myself, I just get that I am not the most exciting person in the room, but I do have other talents. I just come across as boring, and don't have a lot of charimsa.
Well, it is an interesting explanation of why you consider yourself boring. Being "not into drama" is an asset.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:47 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,320,367 times
The boring people I know have no drama in their life.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:03 PM

1,522 posts, read 2,994,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteoMan View Post
I'd rather be boring than a moron that labels others. Fact is we can't expect everyone to be like us, and some people are more introverted, that doesn't make them boring, it's just they way they are.
I would say it is more telling that you think introverted people are the boring ones. Some of the most extroverted people are also the most boring because they ramble on and on without regard to their audience.

Which I would also say is a good benchmark for being boring. No regard for the audience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology