Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 02:38 PM

166 posts, read 278,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
so impressive!
Ding! Fries are done!
:d

Old 03-18-2014, 02:40 PM

303 posts, read 595,625 times
My iPhone says that I got tired of receiving disjointed group text messages from my family members (all of whom own iPhones).

I'm absolutely a techie (it's my job and my passion), but phones have become more of a tool and less of a toy to me.

Maybe one day if I can get my hands on that completely modular phone that's coming out...... /drool

Old 03-18-2014, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMillersWife View Post
My iPhone says that I got tired of receiving disjointed group text messages from my family members (all of whom own iPhones).

I'm absolutely a techie (it's my job and my passion), but phones have become more of a tool and less of a toy to me.

Maybe one day if I can get my hands on that completely modular phone that's coming out...... /drool
COOL! what the hell is that?

Old 03-18-2014, 02:44 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by criedman101 View Post
LOL, you caught me. I was trolling you guys. I thought I was in a new account I made when I posted this.
Ok, fair enough, but can you explain why? I have always been curious. What is the appeal of trolling? What pleasure do you derive from it? Why does it feel good to do? I wonder if in this case there is a sexual element to posting as a woman with big breasts. Can you confirm?

Also, are you the banned poster "redbaccus" who posted as a lesbian with alcohol and a farting obsession? The style is identical.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:46 PM

303 posts, read 595,625 times
Since you asked.....!

ZTE's modular smartphone could make part-swapping a reality within two years

In some instances, you'll get just barebones parts (not even the LCD) with the beginning package, and customize everything else. Want an 8" screen? 3D? Sure, just buy the piece and install! It has the potential to cost as little as 100 bucks or as much as 600 depending on how much you sink into it... and your own capability, of course!

Old 03-18-2014, 02:51 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,217,207 times
Troll Fail /Thread Lock.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:54 PM

Default Social Interactions in Tight Places

Why is it that social interactions in tight places are very awkward and tense? For example, if I am on the subway and I accidentally brush past someone, I usually say "sorry" and keep moving. Most of the time the other person sits there quiet and acts like I have a screw loose because I dared to say "sorry" while I pushed pass them. On rare occasions the other person will say "it's alright", but I noticed that they're generally just kind people (I guess I am, ha!).

And don't get me started on elevators. It's like not only do you have a fear that the elevator will fall, but if you accidentally hit eyes with someone it will be the world's most awkward .5 seconds of your day.

What I noticed is that today when you say "hello" to a stranger or "excuse me", they automatically assume that you're crazy. But these are the same people to turn over and have loud conversations on their phones, putting their business out for everyone to hear!

Even saying "Thank You" and making eye contact when someone holds the door for you makes you look crazy!

Why is it that today's society is so keen on treating each other so rude like it's just normal?

I guess you could say since I live in a city people tend to be more tense, but even people in the suburbs are like this. Only people that live in rural areas bother to say "thank you", "excuse me" and "please".

Old 03-18-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Tell her about the lying too. She may give you a coping strategy for that.
LOL, she's already told me that I should stop lying because it often makes things worse. I still do it anyway !

I do tell her about my trolling of the people on this forum, she suggested that I should get involved in some other activities besides annoying people on the internet...

Old 03-18-2014, 03:07 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,054,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by criedman101 View Post
I do tell her about my trolling of the people on this forum, she suggested that I should get involved in some other activities besides annoying people on the internet...
She obviously doesn't realize you've risen to the best thing you're capable of.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:08 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Ok, fair enough, but can you explain why? I have always been curious. What is the appeal of trolling? What pleasure do you derive from it? Why does it feel good to do? I wonder if in this case there is a sexual element to posting as a woman with big breasts. Can you confirm?

Also, are you the banned poster "redbaccus" who posted as a lesbian with alcohol and a farting obsession? The style is identical.
He also sounds like the poster who makes up stories about people peeing on themselves in public (who also gets immediately banned.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology