Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 06:00 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,035,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
They have to be really angry people.
Quote:
I hate online grumpy old men, they are the worst, stubborn, close minded, freaking rude. You can kind of tell that they are really unpleasant unhappy people by the comments they make on the threads. Very rude people too. Annoying.
I cant speak for all trolls, but I am neither angry nor grumpy. Quite the opposite actually. I posted here so you could see that your generalizations and assumptions are largely wrong. All kinds of people troll. People have probably called you a troll without you ever realizing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Well at least you've admitted that you are a narcissist, and narcissists are never wrong.
I was wrong once.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 06:12 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times
There are a lot of them on the Politics board. Trolls swarm the internet because they can type things here that they can't say in public.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:19 PM

14,016 posts, read 20,907,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Does any else notice that the majority of trolls tend to be males. I guess trolling doesn't interest females as much. lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
That may be true but I think it's a safe bet to assume that the majority of trolls are male.
Doesn't that depend on which City-Data forums we frequent? I assume that your personal experience must be valid, but my personal experience is that the majority of trolls are female. However, my experience in the History Forum agrees with yours (majority male).

It's all pretty impressionistic unless one has kept a tally, which I have not. And I admit our recent experience may weigh more heavily; the only blatant personal (troll) attacks I have received in the past three weeks or so (two in number) were from females.

Also, I have in mind two trolls who are very careful to disguise their gender; it's always "spouse", never "husband" or "wife", etc. One of them slipped up and mentioned his "wife" once - that one is male (point for your side, LOL).

Old 04-10-2014, 07:52 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakscsd View Post
I hardly have a rap sheet, and am a well educated, double master degree, professional in senior management at a F200 company. I am also a narcissist. I love trolling. But I also offer serious advise and valuable replies to some posts. I do it because the target is usually an idiot and I enjoy pointing out what they don't see in themselves. Most people cant handle any feedback and are clueless to how they sound or come off. Then there are those where things always happen to them, yet they never see that they are the reason. Someone has to tell them, and I've appointed myself to do it.
Ya think??????

Old 04-10-2014, 10:31 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakscsd View Post
I cant speak for all trolls, but I am neither angry nor grumpy. Quite the opposite actually. I posted here so you could see that your generalizations and assumptions are largely wrong. All kinds of people troll. People have probably called you a troll without you ever realizing it.

I was wrong once.....
You know what? People most certainly have called me a troll when I post a thread about my own experience dealing with my late boyfriend's suicide. I would most happily trade places with non suicide survivors.

Point is: Don't call people a troll because you have no reasons to.

Cheaters always call others cheaters, liars always call others cheaters. Trolls always call others trolls because that is exactly how they relate to others.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:28 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,755,481 times
Quote:
You know what? People most certainly have called me a troll when I post a thread about my own experience dealing with my late boyfriend's suicide. I would most happily trade places with non suicide survivors.

Point is: Don't call people a troll because you have no reasons to.

Cheaters always call others cheaters, liars always call others cheaters. Trolls always call others trolls because that is exactly how they relate to others.
Thats bs lily, they hate you for your experience. Never thought your a troll.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:58 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,979 times
Quote:
I am sure you would, but you can't just as I can't with my brother. I loved my brother and I love him for a choice that I wouldn't have wanted for him. His decision was simply different than mine own for him and for his life. You probably ( although, I hadn't read what you wrote) were trying to defend his actions. The point is, you can't! You have to accept that was his decision and that is what he wanted. By you defending him, you are saying he was wrong in his decision, when he thought it was very right at the time. Let it go but still love.

As far as trolls on the subject.. I would say that at one time... I would have been my own worst troll. I hope you start healing. It's very possible and may there be peace for you today.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:55 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,319,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
... What makes these keyboard warriors want to do this? Honestly I truly believe the people who start trouble online have a rap sheet in real life. There is definitely something psychologically wrong with these people to want to come on line simply looking to start trouble ...
I don't think they "have a rap sheet in real life." I don't think they even have that much of a life. Getting a rap sheet involves doing something. What they have is a need to push other people around, which isn't easy if your human interaction is limited. And please understand that some of the right-wing political trolls are paid for the "service" they perform.

Old 04-11-2014, 04:10 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
I don't think they "have a rap sheet in real life." I don't think they even have that much of a life. Getting a rap sheet involves doing something. What they have is a need to push other people around, which isn't easy if your human interaction is limited.
I most certainly agree with you on this one.

Also, I believe that people who are bullies online have control issues. They call everybody troll if others don't agree with them. They don't realize that the only people they embarrass are themselves.

Old 04-11-2014, 06:56 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,035,526 times
Generalizations are funny. Delusion is even funnier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology