Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2014, 04:05 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,960,282 times

Advertisements

I find it strange that straight men get lonely in this day & age. I mean, women are everywhere - Their chances to be with any girl is rather high for them. Since heterosexuality is openly accepted, they can easily go to brothels (if they're legal there) and get any chicks in bars or someplace really.

I mean, what would I say? I'm gay and I still haven't found another gay man in my area. They're either closeted/in hiding or just playing 'straight' with their girls. The gay bar is like what, 35kms away from our home? I'm actually desperate for love and relationship (not sex, contrary to the belief that we gays only like the sex).

To answer this thread in a gay perspective; No matter how lonely and desperate I'd get I would never turn to women for a relationship or romance. I would look pathetic and it wouldn't feel so good obviously. For the sex, well, getting erected will be a bit hard with a girl. Physically, I could do the act (I have the 'package'), but I will be very displeased and unfulfilled afterwards mentally and emotionally speaking.

About the straight men, and about those who just want sex (a hole for their penis to go in), sure, they can go as far as anally topping a gay guy, like they do in prison. But they have to be very desperate. Don't see how they'd be pleasured when they're not attracted to men at all.

Last edited by Ethereal; 04-17-2014 at 04:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 04:44 AM

558 posts, read 1,121,066 times
Hmmm, strange topic. As a late 30's divorcee male I would never turn to another man. I have had gay friends and am all for gay rights, but I just can't find anything attractive or sexy about a fellow man. Just doesn't do anything for me. I'm attracted to several types of woman, older younger, different colors shapes and sizes. Something about a woman that gets my motor runnin
I don't get lonely. I have been divorced for 5 years, stopped dating 3 years ago and have since found a peace within that I love too much to ruin by allowing another woman in my life, and a man would just be gross for me anyway.

Old 04-17-2014, 04:59 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Interesting. But what made you think they were "purely straight"? Because they were married to women?
This guy was coming to see me for years, never touched me once. Yes, married, but his sexual tastes were into the carnal knowledge territory, highly technical type stuff, and always the same request, no veering off to anything else, over and over again, very robotic in nature. And, if he had requested these services of his wife, his wife may have questioned his sexual identity, and got bored with the same routine, with no pleasure in it for herself.

Then there were those, first claiming to be straight, and over time, repeated visits, the curiosity kept going further and further. But that still wouldn't convince me they're Gay!

I'm sure many of them, if they didn't worry about their wife's reaction to their sexual desires, wouldn't have needed anyone for happy endings at all, as I've known liberal couples who engage in this type of sex without their sexual identities being questioned.

And, yes, there were those who gave me a good scare, now and then, like one Mormon male that came to me one time, enjoying something "they were surprised to be enjoying inadvertently", and these types can turn violent on you, with a shattered sexual identity! Thank God I've generally been intuitive enough to spot these types before that happened!

I label myself Gay, but I've had my sexual identity shaken, from time to time, like walking thru the red light districts in Amsterdam and Tijuana, and? "Why are some of these women getting me excited?" And, a couple times, I indulged, but there's only certain parts of the female body that I get aroused by. The rest of it? No thanks! Like my client, abovementioned, I could see myself seeing one of these women regularly, but it would be completely selfish, highly technical, no pleasure on her side. And who would marry a selfish freak like that!! Lol!

Last edited by tijlover; 04-17-2014 at 05:12 AM.. Reason: Add line

Old 04-17-2014, 05:40 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times
The OP seems to make the assumption we have a choice about our sexuality. We don't. We can only choose what actions we will engage in as a result of it.

Some people place the value of sexual gratification so high they will engage in any activity that will satisfy it. Others are content to reserve it for particular times, places and partners.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:30 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
When I worked as a male massage therapist, giving happy endings, I had a number of purely straight men come to me for the massage and happy ending, and they had no attraction whatsoever to a male body, wouldn't even touch my body. All they wanted to do is be serviced! It was no threat to their sexual identity whatsoever!

If you're fearful of trying this type of experiment, then it may be your sexual identity is built on shaky ground!
I think the only thing on shaky ground here is your logic.

Most people who are attracted to women are repulsed by the idea of sexual contact with a man.

Who services you is more important than the service itself.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
I'd say it's more like 90% of the population. Depends on the situation.

Imagine a crewcut former title-holding bodybuilder, with an ultra-manly and absolutely perfect face, a spectacular body, and an impossibly huge organ, was making himself available to you (by 'you', I mean guys in-general). We're talking about the male equivalent of the most gorgeous girl you've ever seen - one of those people so beyond perfect it's hard to believe they actually exist.

He's into being admired, and so the fact that you're vastly inferior, physically, is not important to him. He's an exhibitionist who gets thrills from having other men be thrilled by him.

This is not hypothetical. I know a guy like that. He's let me see him naked, and gotten pretty excited by the admiration, even if I am a girl. Yey! I like to look. He likes to show. But he likes showing-off for guys even more. And he lets them handle the merchandise. He's attractive enough that he can flip a switch lying dormant in straight guys. Here he is: the absolute epitome of masculine perfection. Suddenly, you're excited in a way that you've never been, before. And he's excited by your excitement, and actually available to you for a little safe hanky-panky. You're going to pass up horsing-around with something like that?

Or maybe... Here's a Swedish Fireman/Rescue/Paramedic whose pics someone sent me a link to. I know nothing about him except he's exceptional: http://sargeslocker.files.wordpress....04/252-006.jpg This is unmorphed. http://sargeslocker.files.wordpress....04/252-008.jpg He's just one of those once-in-a-lifetime, absolutely incredible people you can't believe are real. http://sargeslocker.files.wordpress....04/252-011.jpg Obviously, this guy's got triple-helpings of everything. http://sargeslocker.files.wordpress....04/252-001.jpg You know he's got an unbelievably deep voice. Imagine you're on a fishing trip with him, in some remote spot in Vasternorland. He's feelin' the urge. Now's your chance. You're alone in a sauna in a deserted fishing camp with him. Who wouldn't?

And, if he were available, and getting caught by others was not a possibility, how many guys would turn down a chance to be intimate with Bill Goldberg in his prime http://www.squarehippies.com/images/..._goldberg1.jpg, or Branch Warren http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...Bernal-885.jpg, or Tim Tebow? Brett Favre? Really? You've seen that lockerroom photo of a young Brett in a jockstrap. With him looking like that, you'd pass up the chance? Or maybe now that he's bearded and jacked: every man's secret Dad Fantasy times ten: http://i.imgur.com/ReDCsB0.jpg You could resist? You're in a motel room alone with him at a conference. He's taken off everything, getting ready to head into the shower... "Damn, I'm horny", he breathes... just leaving the statement hanging. He hesitates, just standing there, halfway looking at you with a sort of grin. You can have him. You can have the ultimate. You can spend the night wrapped safely in those strong, sinewy arms. It's one of those moments when something too-good-to-be-true can actually come true.

Guys, what would YOU do? (Really. If nobody would ever know.)

GG, you're a great writer. But none of those dudes do anything for me.

No T, no A, no dice.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:34 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,290,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
In other words, even if they tried oral sex from a male, it would never work. They would fail to get an erection.
Generally if ANYONE (male, female, old, fat, ugly, whatever) starts touching ANY [normal] man's "tool", he WILL get an erection.

With younger men in their early 20's, just "tickling" in that area will give them an erection.

A younger man's "tool" is like a sleeping dog. It will jump up in an instant with the least amount of disturbance!

Note: This does not apply to men who use marijuana/drugs and therefore have erectile dysfunction. And those men also have problems when with women.

Last edited by Billy_J; 04-17-2014 at 08:29 AM..

Old 04-17-2014, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theropod View Post
I find it strange that straight men get lonely in this day & age. I mean, women are everywhere - Their chances to be with any girl is rather high for them.
How so? Women are everywhere, but some men have problems figuring out how to access them.

Quote:
Since heterosexuality is openly accepted, they can easily go to brothels (if they're legal there) and get any chicks in bars or someplace really.
Just because heterosexuality is accepted doesn't mean that some men can't get involved. Hence much of the debate around legalization of prostitution - for some men paid sex is the only alternative, but if that is illegal, what do those guys do then?

Quote:

I mean, what would I say? I'm gay and I still haven't found another gay man in my area. They're either closeted/in hiding or just playing 'straight' with their girls. The gay bar is like what, 35kms away from our home? I'm actually desperate for love and relationship (not sex, contrary to the belief that we
gays only like the sex). To answer this thread in a gay perspective; No matter how lonely and
desperate I'd get I would never turn to women for a relationship or romance. I would look pathetic and it wouldn't feel so good obviously. For the sex, well, getting erected will be a bit hard with a girl. Physically, I could do the act (I have the 'package'), but I will be very displeased and unfulfilled afterwards mentally and emotionally speaking.
Makes sense to me. Just as hetero men couldn't fathom doing it with another man, you can't fathom doing it with a woman. It's simply how some folks are wired.

Quote:
About the straight men, and about those who just want sex (a hole for their
penis to go in), sure, they can go as far as anally topping a gay guy, like they
do in prison. But they have to be very desperate. Don't see how they'd be
pleasured when they're not attracted to men at all.
Exactly. If you are not gay, performing a homosexual sex act is not on your list of preferred things to do.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:21 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,290,523 times
How about this...

If someone rubs your back, it feels good. Does it matter WHO is rubbing your back for it to feel good?
Could a fat ugly old lady rub your back and it would feel good? Of course!

Same thing goes for a gay man "preforming a service" on you down there. You don't need to be attracted to the man for it to feel good. You can look at magazines, videos on your cell phone, or think about an attractive girl while this service is being preformed.

And that is what straight men do when they go to an adult bookstore, go to certain video booths in the back, which have holes cut in the wall going to the next booth (called "glory holes"). They stick their thing into the hole (when invited by the person next door) and are then serviced while they watch a video with naughty women in it.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_J View Post
How about this...

If someone rubs your back, it feels good. Does it matter WHO is rubbing your

back for it to feel good?
Yes, it matters.

Quote:

Could a fat ugly old lady rub your back and it would feel good? Of course!
Sure.

Quote:
Same thing goes for a gay man "preforming a service" on you down there. You
don't need to be attracted to the man for it to feel good. You can look at
magazines, videos on your cell phone, or think about an attractive girl while
this service is being preformed.
Naaaaaahhhhhhh........that's where you lose me. I don't know about you, but I need to know who's down there doing things amongst my nasty parts. And it better be an attractive female.

Quote:
And that is what straight men do when they go to an adult bookstore, go to
certain video booths in the back, which have holes cut in the wall going to the
next booth (called "glory holes"). They stick their thing into the hole (when
invited by the person next door) and are then serviced while they watch a video
with naughty women in it.
Yeah......and you're fooling yourself if you think those "straight" men don't know who's occupying those holes. It's not hot chicks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology