Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2014, 02:07 PM

347 posts, read 425,541 times

Advertisements

Hi CD,

Not sure if I'm posting in the right area, but I had an incredible dream a few nights ago and would appreciate any interpretations.

All of a sudden I was in Madonna's gorgeous waterfront home. (Not a current Madonna fan, but was when younger. Still have no clues as to what she's symbolizing.)

I asked where I was geographically and she said, "This is Rio de Janeiro." (Never been there in waking life; although want to very much.) She had me step out on her balcony and the view took my breath away. It felt like I was in a magic fairy tale realm. The city skyline of the buildings shimmered like diamonds and the entire sky was glistening, vibrant, beautifully and magically colored pink and peach. It was almost like cranking up the contrast filter in Photoshop, beautiful, surreal colors. It was also a sunset that was so beautiful I almost started crying in this dream.

Madonna didn't say much, but was very hospitable and let me wander around her place. I had the feeling in this dream I was her friend and visiting guest. There was some guy in another bedroom - he was friendly and we spoke briefly, but I don't remember over what.

I woke up feeling warm and fuzzy all day.

I'm wondering what all this symbolism is about and welcome any interpretations.

Thank you for reading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 06:22 PM

12,962 posts, read 13,676,205 times
I think the clues are in your past. Madonna and Rio represent things you associated with your past. Maybe you are trying to rekindle a pleasant hope or dream from your past.

Old 05-03-2014, 08:57 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,288,731 times
Forget about the specifics and instead pay attention to the feelings you experienced. Did you have a need to feel that way or did someone make you feel that way the day before?

Or the opposite, is someone (or everyone) treating you badly and it would be nice to have an experience which made you feel like that?

Also it could just be that you were very tired and needed sleep / rest badly and also had to go to the bathroom! Some dreams keep you sleeping as long as possible,

Old 05-03-2014, 10:52 AM

8,452 posts, read 15,043,863 times
Opening up to new feelings and experiences, meeting new people as friends, stepping out of your old life and seeing a new vista spread out before you. (?)

Old 05-04-2014, 01:24 PM

12,962 posts, read 13,676,205 times
It's also a good ideal to try think back on the preceding day or days to remember if The subject or your dream was referenced. I think in dreams concepts take on different identities. For instance I was once told that trying to go home in a dream meant you we're trying to get back to your center of who you really are.

Old 05-05-2014, 03:06 PM

347 posts, read 425,541 times
Interesting insights everyone. Thank you!

Yes, the day before the dream I was feeling accomplished and ready to begin a new chapter of life and contemplating another degree in a completely different area of study.

Old 05-05-2014, 06:02 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
I have always noticed that dreams seem to be influenced by what I have eaten that day. Did you eat some cheese that day perchance?

Old 05-05-2014, 07:13 PM

774 posts, read 906,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyScreenName View Post
Hi CD,

Not sure if I'm posting in the right area, but I had an incredible dream a few nights ago and would appreciate any interpretations.

All of a sudden I was in Madonna's gorgeous waterfront home. (Not a current Madonna fan, but was when younger. Still have no clues as to what she's symbolizing.)

I asked where I was geographically and she said, "This is Rio de Janeiro." (Never been there in waking life; although want to very much.) She had me step out on her balcony and the view took my breath away. It felt like I was in a magic fairy tale realm. The city skyline of the buildings shimmered like diamonds and the entire sky was glistening, vibrant, beautifully and magically colored pink and peach. It was almost like cranking up the contrast filter in Photoshop, beautiful, surreal colors. It was also a sunset that was so beautiful I almost started crying in this dream.

Madonna didn't say much, but was very hospitable and let me wander around her place. I had the feeling in this dream I was her friend and visiting guest. There was some guy in another bedroom - he was friendly and we spoke briefly, but I don't remember over what.

I woke up feeling warm and fuzzy all day.

I'm wondering what all this symbolism is about and welcome any interpretations.

Thank you for reading.
Song by Madonna called Spanish Lullabye which started out "Last night I dreamed of Barbados". Maybe your mind has some reason to refer to that song?

Old 05-06-2014, 08:46 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,288,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyScreenName View Post
Interesting insights everyone. Thank you!

Yes, the day before the dream I was feeling accomplished and ready to begin a new chapter of life and contemplating another degree in a completely different area of study.
Well one theory of thought as to what some dreams might mean is that they are simply a compacted rehash of the day's events being transferred from short term memory to long term memory. And again just the feelings - not the specifics of the dream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology