Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2014, 11:49 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,938,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You feel entitled to sympathy? How ridiculous. I have no sympathy for abusers, blamers, chauvinists and haters.
He deserves sympathy as a human being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 11:50 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
How about some actual data? More female virgins than male in the 15-24 age group, and virginity on the rise for both.

Sex Stats: Virgins On the Rise | LiveScience

Quote:
More and more young people are abstaining. No less than 27 percent of 15- to 24-year-old men have never had any form of sexual contact (oral, vaginal, or anal) with another person, up from 22 percent in 2002. Meanwhile, 29 percent of females in that age bracket have never had sex, also up from 22 percent at the time of the last study.
This is what I mean about damaging messages men in the echo chamber share with each other--based on lies.

Old 05-24-2014, 11:52 PM

589 posts, read 639,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
How do you know? Have you been in their shoes?

I have eyes and ears.

Old 05-24-2014, 11:52 PM

854 posts, read 1,140,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
He deserves sympathy as a human being.
Even the most criminally insane deserve sympathy, I agree. Judging others is whats wrong with this society. How can I condemn others, when I haven't lived their life. I think they should pay for their crimes but it's not up to me.

Old 05-24-2014, 11:53 PM

589 posts, read 639,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad apples View Post
Even the most criminally insane deserve sympathy, I agree. Judging others is whats wrong with this society.

You can sympathize without justifying their actions. Everyone judges, everyone.

Old 05-24-2014, 11:55 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,250,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
How about some actual data? More female virgins than male in the 15-24 age group, and virginity on the rise for both.
More and more people are becoming virgins every day.

Old 05-24-2014, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Ok, what about shared activity type things, like Habitat for Humanity? The focus is not on conversations or meeting people, you're all there building a home. But inevitably I would think, one would meet people.

I used to have social phobia, and it was hell. I was excrutiatingly, painfully, shy. With time, some counselling, and some temporary help with medication, I gradually finally surmounted it---and it was a different world out there. I started by going to a gym pretty well every evening, because at least you're doing something and the focus is not really on meeting people, and gradually did meet people.
Yes, this is true. The problem is for people to actually get the courage to do it. And furthermore, even when shy people do activities like this, many still often have a very hard time actually talking to and getting to know anybody there.

Fear of judgement is a paralyzing fear.

Old 05-24-2014, 11:57 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
That's completely ridiculous. The "nice girls" (whatever that means) are every bit as taken by the thugs as the rest. Hypergamy is a basic tenant of female biology.
tenet

Old 05-24-2014, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
I have eyes and ears.
So you've heard and seen all average women getting hit on by average guys who had good intentions?

Old 05-24-2014, 11:58 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times
Im over a decade older then him and in the same position with women and that thought of hurting other people becasue of it never would cross my mind..

Does it suck not being able to attract women and finding it nearly impossible to connect with them on that level sure it crushes me actually but to want to kill people because of it is mind boggling to me and something i cant fathom..

Also the mental illness thing is tricky..sure hes obviously ****ed up in the head but i also beleive blaming mental illness is an excuse for what the did almost..theyres penty of people with mental illneses who dont go on killing sprees..

What i think played a part more then mental illness was ENTITLEMENT this kid was rich and had everyhting handed to him and when women werent falling at his feet like everyhting else in life did he couldnt handle it and lashed out..

Reading some of his diary this guy snapped at women being with blacks hispanics "trashy guys" all people he thought he was somehow above..

Just reading his thoughts and seeing his videos on youtube its clear as day why he coldnt attract women or any friends in general he came off as just a unlikeable intolerable disconnected narcisistic sociopathic human being..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology