Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2014, 01:34 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Men think they are doing the chasing and initiating. What the successful ones are really doing is consciously or unconsciously picking up signals that the woman wants him to pursue her.

That's what separates the men women want and the creeps. The creeps try to pick up women who don't want to be picked up by them. Sometimes if the creeps would have just calmed down, showed a lack of interest, been cool about things the women would have started sending out signals to them. But no -- the creeps believe that they have to initiate things and don't wait for the signals.

It isn't so much about looks -- this killer wasn't ugly, far uglier men have girlfriends.
I agree. He wasn't a bad looking young man. It had to be something else if women were turned off by him. He seemed pretty full of himself and arrogant in the video clips and neither of those are attractive traits to women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2014, 01:36 PM

854 posts, read 1,140,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afternoon Napper View Post
any adult who's a virgin obviously has something wrong with him. attracting women and having sex in the whole reason we exist on this planet, to reproduce. if you fail at that, you literally fail at life.

i'd view someone like that as highly suspect and weird, precisely the type of lunatic who'd go on a shooting rampage.
Troll... By your logic all married men must be serial killers.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:38 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,141,237 times
Watched the video...it sounded scripted and dude sounds like a self absorbed lame...who considers THEMSELVES "the supreme gentleman?"....that right there is going to be non starter for alot of sane women...you can be a gentlemen but walking around introducing yourself as the "supreme gentleman" isnt gonna get you where you want to go...and sitting in your car in the middle of the afternoon sounding like a Tekken character isnt doing you any favors either...I actually can understand his frustration as a male trying to do what society TELLS YOU is what women want from a man...but you gotta come better than this.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:39 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Men think they are doing the chasing and initiating. What the successful ones are really doing is consciously or unconsciously picking up signals that the woman wants him to pursue her.
OK.....so what if no woman is throwing out signals? In any event, he is still the one who has to do the pursuing.....

Quote:
That's what separates the men women want and the creeps. The creeps try to pick up women who don't want to be picked up by them. Sometimes if the creeps would have just calmed down, showed a lack of interest, been cool about things the women would have started sending out signals to them. But no -- the creeps believe that they have to initiate things and don't wait for the signals.
So if you're not a hot guy women like, you're a creep? Not buying it.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:58 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
The "all alpha males are jerks" comments are ridiculous. This beta male (as well as many others) caused a lot of damage and destroyed many lives.

From the killer's manifesto...

As I made my wayback from school one day during the first week, I was stopped at a stoplight inIsla Vista when I saw two hot blonde girls waiting at the bus stop. I wasdressed in one of my nice shirts, so I looked at them and smiled. They looked at me, but they didn’t even deign to smile back. They just looked away as if I was a fool. As Idrove away I became very infuriated. It was such an insult. This was the wayall girls treated me, and I was sick and tired of it. In a rage, I made a U-turn, pulled up to their bus stop and splashed my Starbucks latte all overthem. I felt a feeling a spiteful satisfaction as I saw it stain their jeans. Ithen quickly speeded away before they could catch my license plate number. Howdare those girls snub me in such a fashion! How dare they insult me so! I ragedto myself repeatedly.They deserved the punishment I gave them. It was such a pity that my latte wasn’t hot enough to burn them. Those girls deservedto be dumped in boiling water for the crime of not giving me the attention and adoration I so rightfully deserve! "

Old 05-25-2014, 02:10 PM

589 posts, read 639,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The "all alpha males are jerks" comments are ridiculous. This beta male (as well as many others) caused a lot of damage and destroyed many lives.

From the killer's manifesto...

As I made my wayback from school one day during the first week, I was stopped at a stoplight inIsla Vista when I saw two hot blonde girls waiting at the bus stop. I wasdressed in one of my nice shirts, so I looked at them and smiled. They looked at me, but they didn’t even deign to smile back. They just looked away as if I was a fool. As Idrove away I became very infuriated. It was such an insult. This was the wayall girls treated me, and I was sick and tired of it. In a rage, I made a U-turn, pulled up to their bus stop and splashed my Starbucks latte all overthem. I felt a feeling a spiteful satisfaction as I saw it stain their jeans. Ithen quickly speeded away before they could catch my license plate number. Howdare those girls snub me in such a fashion! How dare they insult me so! I ragedto myself repeatedly.They deserved the punishment I gave them. It was such a pity that my latte wasn’t hot enough to burn them. Those girls deservedto be dumped in boiling water for the crime of not giving me the attention and adoration I so rightfully deserve! "

Even omega is a stretch. The kid was nuts, plain and simple. The real tragedy is he took innocent people with him.

Old 05-25-2014, 02:15 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
Even omega is a stretch. The kid was nuts, plain and simple. The real tragedy is he took innocent people with him.
True

We may not like it, but each of us alone are responsible for our actions.

The problem is some people have a knack to find a way to justify whatever they choose.

Old 05-25-2014, 02:22 PM

290 posts, read 366,709 times
I watched part of his video before turning it off in boredom. His diction, delivery, and word choice are straight out of American Psycho. No doubt he modeled himself after Patrick Bateman, who also used status and "luxury" brands to mask his psychosis and manipulate people into admiring him, and whose violent fantasies were about on par with this dolt's.

Someone in the mental health system missed the boat on the diagnosis too. This dolt did not have Asperger's. He was clearly a sociopath. People with personality disorders (or in the case of wealthy people who only see the best doctors, their enablers) love to claim the Asperger's label because they realize it is more sympathetic than coming out as a narcissist, borderline, sociopath, etc. Unfortunately, sociopathy is mostly incurable. Most sociopaths don't even seek psychiatric care, and the few that do, like this bugger, don't tell the therapist any of their true thoughts or feelings. I flipped through his 140-page "manifesto" too and that stood out to me (before I got bored of it as well).

Not gonna comment too much on the gun thing as that belongs in Politics forum. But one thing I did notice (the "latte at the bus stop" excerpt is a perfect example) is that this kid somehow felt that he was deserving of instant gratification at all times, that the world should be fair and every man/woman should have the same amount of success in all areas, and above all, that violence would not only solve his problems but give him the attention and notoriety he felt he so richly deserved. Where did this come from? As mentioned previously in the thread, if it wasn't social and romantic rejection, he would have flipped out over something else, like not winning the lottery, which was another thing that clearly vexed him. He felt he SHOULD have money, status, and the life of a multi-millionare.

Old 05-25-2014, 02:34 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,795,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
This oversexed society is what sets them up to think like that.

Don't get me wrong, they are entirely responsible for their own actions. What I am saying is, is that guys are basically conditioned to think if you are still a virgin by a certain age or haven't kissed a female by a certain age there is something seriously wrong with you. It sets up that type of mindset, and in the wrong minds it can lead to disasters like this.
^

This, pretty much.

Old 05-25-2014, 02:35 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,781,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I've never seen research showing that bullies have high self-esteem.
Here's an article that talks about the study:

Study Reveals Bullying Linked To High Self Esteem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology