Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2014, 05:53 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,040,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_marto View Post
What, you're saying we should put more pressure on young women to give unpleasant males the time of day?
Of course, that's a loaded question. They ignore far more than merely the "unpleasant" males. And many "unpleasant" males became so due to a lifetime of being ignored. But yes, social mores should be arranged to incentivize women to spread their attentions more equally. Of course you'll point and sputter at this, but again, this was taken utterly for granted not long ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2014, 06:23 PM

331 posts, read 547,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
for a woman to have a hard time getting laid or getting dates, she has to be at or near the bottom 10% or so of all women.
Very true. A guy who is at the median level of attractiveness, or even the 80th percentile, will be unlikely to ever get any positive reinforcement from women. The women are after top 2 percent of guys and give them tons of validation. That doesn't they won't ever give other guys a chance, but they will hold out before "settling" with him and they won't ever give him the same kind of attention that they give the top 2 percent.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:33 PM

483 posts, read 691,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
Do you really think that extroversion should be the main criteria for reproductive success?
Since meeting someone is where "reproductive success" starts but I'm pretty sure once coupled up, the coupled introverts and extroverts manage to reproduce at the same rate as the unattached, I think I have to say "no".

And men can complain all they want about the responsibility upon them to be the extroverted (which doesn't mean you have to stay an extrovert all the time), but for millennia of western society, men have taken the initiative, and society and human life continues to roll forward. Indicated that they wanted to court the female, overwhelmingly did not get married without opening up his mouth and asking her father, and people managed to get married and procreate, in great part because the male wanted and needed progeny, which is another factor that delays the coupling process in the 21st century. The woman also often didn't get to be choosy, which is another factor, but as someone else said upthread, it's perfectly permissible for a "5" or even a "3" male still in the 21st century, to "do the choosing" even flying in the face of what is practicable. Look at a woman probably on his level of looks parity, and say "she's not my type", and go on lusting after the "7" or "10" who will continue not to give him the time of day. Rarely if ever do we see another male confronting that male friend talking about the hottest chicks in the club, and saying, dude, you're balding with a potbelly, maybe you'd better look at that chick you think is drab with the little belly pooch and find out if she's really kind or has an amazing personality, 'cuz I gotta tell you, she's your female equivalent.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:34 PM

774 posts, read 906,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by const_iterator View Post
Very true. A guy who is at the median level of attractiveness, or even the 80th percentile, will be unlikely to ever get any positive reinforcement from women. The women are after top 2 percent of guys and give them tons of validation. That doesn't they won't ever give other guys a chance, but they will hold out before "settling" with him and they won't ever give him the same kind of attention that they give the top 2 percent.
Seems kind of ridiculous and foolish, definitely not true.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:34 PM

723 posts, read 868,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
Of course, that's a loaded question. They ignore far more than merely the "unpleasant" males. And many "unpleasant" males became so due to a lifetime of being ignored. But yes, social mores should be arranged to incentivize women to spread their attentions more equally. Of course you'll point and sputter at this, but again, this was taken utterly for granted not long ago.
When was this taken for granted? I have never heard of this.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:40 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,808,550 times
So… even at the early age of ten, boys were starting to be attracted to the female body. I didn’t understand this… I hadn’t yet reached that stage. I pretended to be interested just so that I wouldn’t
appear uncool. All of those boys probably lost their virginity by sixteen. Damn them.

( By Elliot Rodger)

----------------------------

See this is my point. This is on his 24th page. He actually remained like this for awhile but I will read further to verify.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:41 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,238,463 times
The only difference between this dick and your average rapist is old virgin hater could afford a bunch of guns and a fancy car to shoot out of.

Otherwise, it's essentially the same crime, which has been going on for EONS.

Man wants women, women don't want man, man gets revenge on all women randomly.

Get used to it. Gun ownership is on the increase, so are the scared wierd little guys who now have a platform for their grievances. The internet.

There will be another wierd virgin shootout in a month or so, then another, then another....

Old 05-26-2014, 06:53 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by const_iterator View Post
Your math doesn't work. Explain how so many men are married if women only go after the top 2%? According to census data, 70% of men have been married at some time (55% one time and 15% two or more times). Who are they marrying if women are after the top 2%?

Census Bureau Reports 55 Percent Have Married One Time - Marital Status & Living Arrangements - Newsroom - U.S. Census Bureau

Old 05-26-2014, 06:56 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,908,221 times
I watched Elliot's videos on Youtube.

He referred to himself as 'the supreme gentleman' - 'sophisticated' and 'magnificent' and was not happy that attractive women chose other guys over him.

On Saturday, he went to a sorority and shot girls that he claimed in one of his videos were the source of his frustration and despair.

The average 'bad boy' even if unable to stop the shooting would have at least taken a few bullets in his attempt to save the women in the sorority. Where if a self proclaimed good-nice guy was there, he would have ran for cover and dialed 911.

Women can sense a difference like that in a guy while dating him.

Old 05-26-2014, 07:04 PM

708 posts, read 823,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Your math doesn't work. Explain how so many men are married if women only go after the top 2%? According to census data, 70% of men have been married at some time (55% one time and 15% two or more times). Who are they marrying if women are after the top 2%?

Census Bureau Reports 55 Percent Have Married One Time - Marital Status & Living Arrangements - Newsroom - U.S. Census Bureau

There comes a time when they can no longer reliably attract or attain those they truly desire so they settle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology