Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2014, 07:06 PM

87,995 posts, read 83,805,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
That's what I'm talking about. Men's eyes go directly to women who are quite outwardly sexual, super-confident, who don't care because they just want to get attention.

This is true, but that doesn't happen until the man knows the woman well, which is why I encourage friendship first, friendship always, friendship above all things.

Only women with emotional or mental issues do that. Today I caught a segment of a Dr. Phil in which a relatively nice looking mom with 2 cute daughters was involved with a murderer in prison whose face was completely tattooed. She was on the Dr. Phil show for help from Dr. Phil because she was only interested in that kind of trash. Obviously, she has mental issues and he made a point to tell her repeatedly that she had issues.

Let me be perfectly clear. If a dude comes up to me with an angry or unsmiling face, my mind will label him: PSYCHO - BEWARE - DUDE IS NUTS. I don't know who's giving you this advice. On the other hand if someone approaches me with a really dumb grin and it never comes off his face, I'll have the same message in my brain: PSYCHO - BEWARE - DUDE IS NUTS.

What the hell ever happened to normal human behavior? How about just behaving normally?
Dammit, I cannot rep you again just yet, but this is priceless. So seemingly something not needing explanation, yet there you are having to explain it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 07:13 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,699,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Dammit, I cannot rep you again just yet, but this is priceless. So seemingly something not needing explanation, yet there you are having to explain it.
Thanks!! But it's true isn't it? I can't believe PUA fans are learning such weird bs as: "to attract women, put on a serious, unsmiling face." wth??

Old 06-30-2014, 07:17 PM

87,995 posts, read 83,805,998 times
Quote:
Thanks!! But it's true isn't it? I can't believe PUA fans are learning such weird bs as: "to attract women, put on a serious, unsmiling face." wth??
Back when I did some online dating, I noticed pictures of men who wouldn't smile. I immediately thought they were creepy if they wouldn't put on a smile for a friggin' DATING site.

Further, if you're the type of man who PRETENDS to be creepy and unsmiling to get women, you ARE creepy. You just are. Even if you do end up picking some type of woman (and Lord knows what is wrong with women who are going for this "look"), what about your sense of self and your character? A man of decent character would not even pretend to be a nasty human being in the hopes of getting laid. Again, creepy.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Back when I did some online dating, I noticed pictures of men who wouldn't smile. I immediately thought they were creepy if they wouldn't put on a smile for a friggin' DATING site.

Further, if you're the type of man who PRETENDS to be creepy and unsmiling to get women, you ARE creepy. You just are. Even if you do end up picking some type of woman (and Lord knows what is wrong with women who are going for this "look"), what about your sense of self and your character? A man of decent character would not even pretend to be a nasty human being in the hopes of getting laid. Again, creepy.
I know! Even the photos of unsmiling people look scary. Very creepy.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:37 PM

102,063 posts, read 106,870,458 times
Quote:
How could you possibly be so terribly sure how women think, if you're not a woman. Hmmmm...
Men thinking they know better what women think than women do themselves is an epidemic on C-D.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Men thinking they know better what women think than women do themselves is an epidemic on C-D.
I see that.

Old 07-01-2014, 02:25 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,263,269 times
goes to show you that it's always a mans fault but never a womans fault in regards to their dating life

Old 07-01-2014, 02:29 PM

43 posts, read 39,871 times
Quote:
Smiling Men Less Attractive to Women

Smiling men less attractive to women: study - Technology & Science - CBC News

Women find men less attractive when they smile compared to when they take on swaggering or brooding poses, a Canadian study has found.
In contrast, men find women more attractive when they smile, and least attractive when they look proud and confident, the study of 1,084 heterosexual men and women shows.

This is the problem with the current cultural programming, which basically posits that men and women are the same. I assure you they are not.

Perhaps you don't "know" as much as you think you do, Sarita.

Old 07-01-2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Gibson's Pants View Post
Smiling Men Less Attractive to Women

Smiling men less attractive to women: study - Technology & Science - CBC News

Women find men less attractive when they smile compared to when they take on swaggering or brooding poses, a Canadian study has found.
In contrast, men find women more attractive when they smile, and least attractive when they look proud and confident, the study of 1,084 heterosexual men and women shows.

This is the problem with the current cultural programming, which basically posits that men and women are the same. I assure you they are not.

Perhaps you don't "know" as much as you think you do, Sarita.
I don't know how the other women on here feel, but I'm being perfectly honest. If a guy approached me with a deadpan or serious expression, my brain's PSYCHO alarm would go off and I'd try to get away from him.

I imagine that's how cops approach a perp when they're about to arrest him/her, with a dead serious face, or how serial killers approach their prey.

I'm attracted to men who are light-hearted, make me laugh my @#$ off, and look and behave well-balanced, NOT mentally disturbed men.

Old 07-01-2014, 05:31 PM

43 posts, read 39,871 times
Quote:
I don't know how the other women on here feel, but I'm being perfectly honest. If a guy approached me with a deadpan or serious expression, my brain's PSYCHO alarm would go off and I'd try to get away from him.

I imagine that's how cops approach a perp when they're about to arrest him/her, with a dead serious face, or how serial killers approach their prey.

I'm attracted to men who are light-hearted, make me laugh my @#$ off, and look and behave well-balanced, NOT mentally disturbed men.
Yes, well you're a special snowflake, I'm sure.

Kindly explain how "not smiling" = mentally disturbed.

You deal in some pretty strange absolutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology