Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2014, 05:55 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
Wow, it looks like what we're having is a cowardly response. Which is, in essence, "La la la, I can't hear you!"

Mel Gibson's Pants, you are still defending the "game" blogs on this thread. In the other Elliot Rodger discussion, you wrote this post in response to my claims about the PUA/"game" blogs being hogwash:
//www.city-data.com/forum/35470431-post1694.html

Did you not post this challenge to me?

Yes, I think you did write that.

And I responded here, with links to the blog you said was the best "game" blog out there (Heartiste) and quotes:
//www.city-data.com/forum/35471971-post1704.html

I think my favorite blog post (so far) from Heartiste (remember, "the best 'game' blog out there" according to you) is this one: Comment Of The Week: The Natural State Of Woman Is Submission | Chateau Heartiste

This is also the same blog post which laments that the 19th amendment (woman's suffrage, the right to vote) was ever passed. Yes, women should have never been given the right to vote!

After I posted my response with quotes, you just vanished from that thread. Ignored me and vanished.

Now you show up here, and you're still trying to defend the "game" blogs!

I guess you hope I'll go away if you keep on pretending I don't exist. But unfortunately for you, other people can read what I'm writing and can click on the links and read the blogs that you have been praising. But I guess you're now going to complain that we're feminazis because we can read that your guys wish we couldn't vote? LOL
Isn't it amazing the BS these people with low self-esteem will come up with to feel better about themselves? Heaven forbid they should do something useful in life, though. They'd probably keel over from fright if they had to make a real effort in life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 06:50 PM

290 posts, read 366,593 times
The half-dozen times I've read the "manosphere" blogs – PUA, MRA, Anti-PUA, MGTOW and all the rest of the alphabet soup – one thing really stood out to me: the kindergarten mentality of "boys against girls" that these grown-ass men, many of them in their 30s and 40s, and sometimes even in their 50s, possess. These men wonder why women won't give them the time of day? They should look no further than how they choose to spend their free time...cavorting on sites where they evaluate other men's faces, pecs, and butts, compare men to "stallions" and "steeds," and structure their lives around impressing other men and making them feel awe and jealousy. While maintaining the same philosophy, "Girls have cooties, ewwww!", that many of them professed at age 5 or 6.

I pointed this out to my wife as well, and she remarked that she always felt put off and annoyed by the guys who try that 'pick-up' crap, such as 'negging' because she got the sense that they had no interest in her or any other woman – it was all about impressing the other dudebros.

In fact I feel my wife is too kind. The way these guys (and Elliot Rodger) talk about other men (and their need for men's approval) makes me think they should de-prioritize romantic relationships with women in favor of spending as much free time as possible with their buddies, who clearly mean the world to them, since winning their approval is their top priority in life. And within that group, I think a handful would be happiest of all if they forgot about women, since they really don't LIKE women, in favor of dating their buddies. Men who are sexually attracted to women don't fill page after page with screeds about how women look like trash after their 25th birthday, have low IQ's, the mental capacity of children, and are otherwise inferior in every single way, and in the next breath, swoon over the intelligence, sophistication, wit, and "pecs" of some "Alpha male" they want to impress.

Last edited by Mr.BadGuy; 07-03-2014 at 07:03 PM..

Old 07-03-2014, 07:14 PM

290 posts, read 366,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
I think my favorite blog post (so far) from Heartiste (remember, "the best 'game' blog out there" according to you) is this one: Comment Of The Week: The Natural State Of Woman Is Submission | Chateau Heartiste

This is also the same blog post which laments that the 19th amendment (woman's suffrage, the right to vote) was ever passed. Yes, women should have never been given the right to vote!

That blog is an EXCELLENT example of my basic philosophy when it comes to the "manosphere." When I read a blog like Chateau Hartiste, I immediately envision a little boy on a playground, pulling a girl's pigtails, stomping his foot and shouting that boys are better than girls (and/or "girls have cooties"), and trying to win over the most popular boy in the class by waving around a new toy Daddy bought for him.

These morons can dress it up however they want to, but at the end of the day, the one thing separating them from the first graders they never stopped being at heart is a somewhat larger vocabulary.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:14 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,975,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLMG View Post
I've come to find out what women say what they want, and what they actually respond to are 2 totally different things. Not always, but I notice it a lot. Or sometimes women just don't know what they actually want period.

As I said: men often lie to women about what they want, while women lie to themselves about what they want. They say "I love nerds!" By that they mean they'll call the six foot underwear model they're in love with a "nerd". They say they don't do casual sex...except for those eight or ten "mistakes" they had and keep having

Old 07-03-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.BadGuy View Post
The half-dozen times I've read the "manosphere" blogs – PUA, MRA, Anti-PUA, MGTOW and all the rest of the alphabet soup – one thing really stood out to me: the kindergarten mentality of "boys against girls" that these grown-ass men, many of them in their 30s and 40s, and sometimes even in their 50s, possess. These men wonder why women won't give them the time of day? They should look no further than how they choose to spend their free time...cavorting on sites where they evaluate other men's faces, pecs, and butts, compare men to "stallions" and "steeds," and structure their lives around impressing other men and making them feel awe and jealousy. While maintaining the same philosophy, "Girls have cooties, ewwww!", that many of them professed at age 5 or 6.

I pointed this out to my wife as well, and she remarked that she always felt put off and annoyed by the guys who try that 'pick-up' crap, such as 'negging' because she got the sense that they had no interest in her or any other woman – it was all about impressing the other dudebros.

In fact I feel my wife is too kind. The way these guys (and Elliot Rodger) talk about other men (and their need for men's approval) makes me think they should de-prioritize romantic relationships with women in favor of spending as much free time as possible with their buddies, who clearly mean the world to them, since winning their approval is their top priority in life. And within that group, I think a handful would be happiest of all if they forgot about women, since they really don't LIKE women, in favor of dating their buddies. Men who are sexually attracted to women don't fill page after page with screeds about how women look like trash after their 25th birthday, have low IQ's, the mental capacity of children, and are otherwise inferior in every single way, and in the next breath, swoon over the intelligence, sophistication, wit, and "pecs" of some "Alpha male" they want to impress.
You nailed it. Thank you! They're like children who just aren't able to grow up and become men.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.BadGuy View Post
The half-dozen times I've read the "manosphere" blogs – PUA, MRA, Anti-PUA, MGTOW and all the rest of the alphabet soup – one thing really stood out to me: the kindergarten mentality of "boys against girls" that these grown-ass men, many of them in their 30s and 40s, and sometimes even in their 50s, possess. These men wonder why women won't give them the time of day?
Ever read the girl blogs? It's the same thing: "why can't I find that six ten, billionaire who is so suave? It couldn't possibly be because I'm an overweight gold digger, could it"

Quote:

Actually it's more often women who care what their friends will think about their partners, not men. Women will often say "I like him so much, I don't care what my friends think!" Men, on the other hand, don't have to make those statements because they generally don't care what their friends think and it goes without saying.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
You nailed it. Thank you! They're like children who just aren't able to grow up and become men.

As opposed to the girl bloggers, who are so "grown up and mature"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_26olpxMBMg

Old 07-03-2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
As opposed to the girl bloggers, who are so "grown up and mature"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_26olpxMBMg
Maybe you need to join that girls' blog. You seem to be competing with it.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Maybe you need to join that girls' blog. You seem to be competing with it.

I'm always honest with women: I'm not a fan of casual sex but at the same time don't want anything too serious, at least for the time being.

All I've been saying is that there are certain things men can do to meet women and have a "foot in the door" and it isn't being "nice" or "being yourself" as much as it is understanding the way people think and talking to a lot of people and not worrying about rejection.

I actually believe in science, these women don't.

There's a Scientific Reason Women Like Bad Boys, So You Can Tell Your Mom To Get Off Your Case Already: Glamour.com

If you can show me a scientific study (repeat: SCIENCE, NOT PERSONAL ANECDOTES) that women like nice guys who "act themselves", I'll listen.

I was a nice guy who just "was myself" for years and I was luckless...I started following the science and acted like my "other self" and got somewhere.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I'm always honest with women: I'm not a fan of casual sex but at the same time don't want anything too serious, at least for the time being.

All I've been saying is that there are certain things men can do to meet women and have a "foot in the door" and it isn't being "nice" or "being yourself" as much as it is understanding the way people think and talking to a lot of people and not worrying about rejection.

I actually believe in science, these women don't.

There's a Scientific Reason Women Like Bad Boys, So You Can Tell Your Mom To Get Off Your Case Already: Glamour.com

If you can show me a scientific study (repeat: SCIENCE, NOT PERSONAL ANECDOTES) that women like nice guys who "act themselves", I'll listen.

I was a nice guy who just "was myself" for years and I was luckless...I started following the science and acted like my "other self" and got somewhere.
Okay. May I ask what things you changed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology