Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2014, 10:33 PM

398 posts, read 469,045 times

Advertisements

And that's basically what I was saying.

Look, if you've done something to warrant your success, you can take pride in it all you want. If you're a Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Oprah, or whatever celebrity you want to name, be proud of what you did.

Elliot wasn't successful in his own right, though. His dad was famous because of what his dad did. Both his mom and step-mom were famous, because of what they themselves did.

All Elliot did was sit around and say, "look at me." If he had learned a skill, maybe he would have made something of himself, and the girls would have followed, but he was too damn lazy.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 03:17 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,265,138 times
we live in a sex dominated society

Old 07-15-2014, 05:45 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,827,254 times
I was re-watching some of Elliot Rodger's youtube videos and part of me thinks he might have been a closet case. He refers to himself as "gorgeous" and "fabulous." I have never heard a straight man refer to himself with either of those words. Also, he was obsessed with fashion.

That may have been part of the reason why girls weren't interested in them. Most women like to date real men, not androgynous metrosexuals.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:42 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,265,138 times
And men are supposed to embrace masculinity

Old 07-15-2014, 09:37 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,710,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
I was re-watching some of Elliot Rodger's youtube videos and part of me thinks he might have been a closet case. He refers to himself as "gorgeous" and "fabulous." I have never heard a straight man refer to himself with either of those words. Also, he was obsessed with fashion.
I hadn't heard this suggested yet but it's definitely a theory to throw out there. Sexuality is complex sometimes.

Quote:
That may have been part of the reason why girls weren't interested in them. Most women like to date real men, not androgynous metrosexuals.
I agree that I wouldn't want to date a gay man, though I sure would like to have him as a friend. However, as to this term metrosexual, I don't know that if a man dresses in fashion, that makes him automatically gay. The place where I found men to be the most masculine was Italy, and yet men in the cities there are very concerned how they dress.

Also, shabby has never impressed me. The scratch-the-*******, grunting, sports-obsessed sort of man with a brain the size of a pea has thrilled me even less than that.

So was Elliott a closet case? His concern with dressing won't convince me of that now that I've seen the masculine, fashionable men of Italy. However, referring to himself as "gorgeous" and "fabulous" just MIGHT! That is a bit flamboyant!

Old 07-16-2014, 05:34 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,827,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
So was Elliott a closet case? His concern with dressing won't convince me of that now that I've seen the masculine, fashionable men of Italy. However, referring to himself as "gorgeous" and "fabulous" just MIGHT! That is a bit flamboyant!
He also wore lip gloss:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/eI...nvuw=w741-h849

Old 07-16-2014, 07:35 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,710,620 times
Quote:
Hmm... that does look shiny.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:06 AM

26,635 posts, read 26,559,630 times
Updated information on Rodger.
Elliott Rodger, a quiet, troubled loner, plotted rampage for months - LA Times

Old 02-20-2015, 09:32 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,854 posts, read 10,420,083 times
In many ways Rodger's narcissistic obsessions were also a reflection of popular themes within California culture… the never-ending search for "perfection", "entitlement", "beautiful people", "find yourself here", and unlimited opportunity… the promise of which only seemed to continually frustrate him. "California Dreaming", indeed!

Old 02-25-2015, 12:38 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,176,224 times
Hmmm, somebody resurrected this thread. Personally, I think he was a repressed homosexual who was struggling with that bit about himself and hated everybody else for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology