Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 03:51 AM

13,630 posts, read 10,034,235 times

Advertisements

After seeing the stoners with fried brains after many years of their drug abuse, I wouldn't say so. I say this, but I can't say definitively that they had brains to start with, not functional ones, anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2014, 07:45 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,290,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
No weed doesn't cause brain damage...
Huh????

I've noticed pot smokers have a TERRIBLE MEMORY!

They are also impotent. I know two pot smokers who tell their wives "no" to sex! (Yes the wives have to ask for it and the men say no!)

Old 06-14-2014, 08:20 AM

50,799 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_J View Post
Huh????

They are also impotent. I know two pot smokers who tell their wives "no" to sex! (Yes the wives have to ask for it and the men say no!)
That was my ex, and he was a goody two-shoes who never smoked in his life. Can't blame the pot for that one. For me, pot makes orgasm much more intense.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:54 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,638,726 times
Quote:
Huh????

Pot makes sex so much better...

The memory one is true for long term users, luckily it comes back if they stop.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:09 AM

759 posts, read 1,357,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
So you are saying it doesn't cause brain damage? I know it can alter a young persons personality (to the detriment) and causes interrupted mental development. Then there are the effects on the lungs which be no different from cigarettes I suppose.

Heavy drinking versus heavy cannabis smoking - which is worse?
Moderate drinking versus moderate cannabis use - which is worse?

It is claimed that light to moderate alcohol consumption has health benefits. There is a list of benefits including lowering blood pressure and lowering stress.
You may have misunderstood me: I am not supporting the abuse of either substance.
Both can and do cause health problems. However, the physical damage caused by heavy use of alcohol is much more profound than that caused by marijuana. There are studies which suggest that the use of small amounts of alcohol daily may have some health benefits-the key here is small amounts, c. 2-3 drinks/day for a man, which is generally not going to be enough to get most men drunk if the drinks are spaced out. Long term use/abuse of alcohol actually raises the BP, not lowers it; as well, drinking to excess regularly certainly raises stress levels rather than reduces them. And fwiw, I've never met anyone who claimed that they drank alcohol solely for its health benefits.
I've no doubt that heavy use of smoked marijuana can damage lung tissues-pretty much any kind of smoke that regularly goes into the lungs cannot be good for them. And people can certainly do some silly, and possibly dangerous things while under the influence of marijuana. However, marijuana itself is not toxic to the point of fatality, something which cannot be said for alcohol-long term abuse of alcohol damages every organ in the body, and many people die as a direct result of alcohol abuse.

Heavy drinking versus heavy cannabis smoking - which is worse? There is no doubt that heavy drinking is much worse physically.

Moderate drinking versus moderate cannabis use - which is worse? All things in moderation is the key.

I stopped smoking marijuana many years ago, just kind of got out of the habit. I drink beer now and then, but not to excess, because I don't like feeling drunk. To each his own.

Old 06-14-2014, 02:46 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Thanks, B.K.. I have no doubt that heavy drinking raises BP and stress levels and I accept the organ damage done. The way I see it, at very low levels alcohol is mildly beneficial but can the same be said of cannabis? Or to put it differently, is mild use of cannabis harmful in any way? I'm not sure I can fathom smoking cannabis to be in any way beneficial to the lungs. It's smoke after all. So for me the jury is still out on that one. I accept that alcohol is more destructive when abused.

Old 06-14-2014, 04:04 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
Quote:
Huh????

Most of my friends of 40+ years all remark about how well my memory is. I can remember things they never would and are floored by how much detail I can recall from HS days. Most likely probably because I haven't soaked my brain in alcohol.

Impotent? I find it better than ED drugs.

Old 06-15-2014, 08:58 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Most of my friends of 40+ years all remark about how well my memory is. I can remember things they never would and are floored by how much detail I can recall from HS days. Most likely probably because I haven't soaked my brain in alcohol.

Impotent? I find it better than ED drugs.
I have a feeling if someone said the sky was purple you'd find a way to call it yellow.

Old 06-15-2014, 09:53 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,773,252 times
its like holding a magnifying glass in front of your emotions.

Old 06-15-2014, 09:55 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,773,252 times
Quote:

No weed doesn't cause brain damage. It never altered my personality or
interrupted my mental development - I started smoking 43 years ago. The effects
on the lungs has been scientifically proven to have no adverse effects on the
lungs. It has been shown that weed actually helps reverse the damage done to the
lungs by cig smoke.
I believe that the evidence proves what you wrote to be all wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology