Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2014, 04:20 PM

153 posts, read 149,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I'm a woman, and every gym I have been in (in school and out) has been communal, with one big shower room, no stalls or curtains. And I have never seen anyone wear clothes in a sauna.

I do think these guys are either gay or extremely bored/lonely. And I am fine with them being gay.
Well you would be They are not after 'your bits'.

Old 06-28-2014, 05:05 PM

267 posts, read 308,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
The real question is...will we ever have coed locker rooms?

From a logical standpoint it would be great to have co-ed bathrooms, locker rooms, and showers. Separation of the sexes began however long ago because of prudish attitudes about nudity, the comingling of males and females, and religious doctrine that people used to declare the mixing as a lustful sin. All that separation does is create and maintain a taboo about the sexes, making each one to the other not only exciting but fearful. People get all excited at the chance to sneak a peak at the opposite sex bathing or changing or whatever, yet to be directly with that opposite sex the same individual would be very embarrassed and afraid about seeing that same person/people nude, and be terrified of being seen nude. And why? It's nothing more than a phobia to be afraid to be seen naked, either in general or by the opposite sex.

Nudity has always been a part of life and in particular the arts. Great works of art have often included nudity and always been revered as representing the beauty of the body. So why is society so afraid of real life nudity? Nudity is used in movies and cable TV series, but almost always it's used as a way to add excitement to a scene. Rarely is nudity portrayed as just a person's state of being at that particular time.

I think its nudist beaches or resorts around the US and around the world they have coed facilities. Nobody is afraid to see each other naked as it is, so nobody is afraid to share shower and bathroom facilities.

It would take at least a hundred years to get society to pull its head out of its collective butt and see that nudity is perfectly natural and never something to fear or be embarrassed or ashamed about.

Old 06-28-2014, 05:37 PM

2,947 posts, read 2,881,675 times
I always thought secretly such guys were pedophiles. When passing them in the gym and general public, I always think get away from me kid touchers.

I'm against needless nudity in the locker room. Keep in mind here I even attend nude beaches. That said, I have some class. There is no need for me to brush my teeth without a towl I address my surroundings and proceed accordingly. I'm not going to wear a speedo to church even know I think there is nothing wrong with the human body and it is my right (I think) to do so, I don't. Why? Because I know doing so would make others uncomfortable. I respect others in that way.

The worst are the YMCA's with little kids. If I had kids, I have no issue with them occasionally seen the naked dude in the shower or toweling off, whatever. What I do have a problem with are the naked dudes strutting around needlessly naked like they get pleasure from the exhibition of it all.

Old 06-28-2014, 06:32 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,023,986 times
I can't tell you why other guys do it, but i can tell you why I do. I'll try and keep it out of the gutter. I am very fortunate to be be well endowed and honestly, I get a laugh out of how it makes other guys react. They don't want to look for fear of being called gay, yet at the same time they are curious and a tad shocked. they squirm, avert eye contact and generally look beaten. While I know it really doesnt mean much, Its as if I become their King. Guys are fixated on their size and how they stack up against others. I know other well endowed guys do the same thing, but I doubt all do.

Old 06-28-2014, 06:41 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,820,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakscsd View Post
I can't tell you why other guys do it, but i can tell you why I do. I'll try and keep it out of the gutter. I am very fortunate to be be well endowed and honestly, I get a laugh out of how it makes other guys react. They don't want to look for fear of being called gay, yet at the same time they are curious and a tad shocked. they squirm, avert eye contact and generally look beaten. While I know it really doesnt mean much, Its as if I become their King. Guys are fixated on their size and how they stack up against others. I know other well endowed guys do the same thing, but I doubt all do.
Worthless without pictures.

Old 06-28-2014, 06:49 PM

44,257 posts, read 64,051,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
The real question is...will we ever have coed locker rooms?

I'm 99.99999% sure this will never happen. However, I imagine the reasoning is mostly due to the expected predatory nature of men. Of course, I doubt any woman would go into a coed locker without a big, strong significant other by her side.
I would not care.

I think the difference is some of us adults don't immediately sexualize nudity.

Grow up.

Old 06-28-2014, 06:52 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,459,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I would not care.

I think the difference is some of us adults don't immediately sexualize nudity.

Grow up.
I don't think that's fair for a woman to say to a man.

Old 06-28-2014, 06:58 PM

44,257 posts, read 64,051,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
I don't think that's fair for a woman to say to a man.
Men are incapable of not sexualizing nudity?
Sad.
And I don't believe it.
You saying my colleagues (other physicians) are sporting wood all day long?

Old 06-28-2014, 07:01 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,459,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Men are incapable of not sexualizing nudity?
Sad.
And I don't believe it.
You saying my colleagues (other physicians) are sporting wood all day long?
why are you putting words in my mouth? its funny how people choose to argue against extremes that nobody is suggesting. how many men are in prison for rape? how many women are in prison for rape? are all men in prison for rape? clearly, there is a different between the sexuality of men and women. that doesn't mean all men take it beyond a certain level but we are aware that many men do.

Old 06-28-2014, 07:03 PM

2,947 posts, read 2,881,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakscsd View Post

Much like a 9yo boy to a man? You do realize the most tell tail sign of a pedophile is the urge to dominate other's especially while naked? I'm comfortable being naked and I have nothing to hide. I'm not the biggest nor smallest. Like most normal men, I go about my business in the locker room not being ashamed of being naked but also being considerate. The urge to dominate while naked has deeper roots. Many kid-touchers like the control they now feel, control they didn't have while being dominated when they were younger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.