Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 03:53 AM

304 posts, read 397,104 times

Advertisements

Mel Gibsons Pants

Narcissists are relentless in looking for prey- and they love Borderlines-- the two are however drawn to each other. That you have never recovered is not uncommon. I am moving on but will never forget what happened to me. The society in which we live seems to admire these 'machines' because they have little to no human qualities.

A good book to read in your continued recovery is 'Psychopath Free' by 'Peace'. I consider my encounter with the Psychopath today to be a 'Gift' that this creep in all their selfishness never thought they would leave me
anything but being hurt and another 'victim'. They gave me the 'Wisdom' to never be taken advantage of again by anyone be it a Narc or A Psychopath or any other 'jerk'.

Last edited by newerabuzz; 07-02-2014 at 05:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 05:30 AM

Mel Gibsons Pants

most Borderlines are in fact underemployed- at least the ones who are employed. Most Bosses do not want to put up with our drama, sensitivity and inability to get along with others. Many of us are intelligent- but those who have an 'average IQ' and less our impairment with a serious mental illness can achieve far more. So sad, but true. Some borderlines can be highly successful- but most in the arts. Some famous Borderlines throughout history. Zelda Fitzgerald (writer) Tennessee Williams (writer) lots of great writers are Borderline-- Marilyn Monroe, Doug Ferrari, Angelina Jolie, Princess Diana, Pete Doherty , Peter Sellers, Brandon Marshall (Sports)

Old 07-02-2014, 07:44 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newerabuzz View Post
Some famous Borderlines throughout history. Zelda Fitzgerald (writer)
Zelda Fitzgerald had schizophrenia.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:42 AM

Celebrities who likely have (or had) borderline personality disorder
Princess Diana, of course

Courtney Love

Winona Ryder

Angelina Jolie

Kurt Cobain

Elizabeth Wurtzel

Heather Mills

Charlie Sheen

Dennis Rodman
Amy Winehouse

Britney Spears

Lindsay Lohan

Pete Doherty

Marilyn Monroe

Zelda Fitzgerald

Zelda Fitzgerald, who died in 1948, is often identified as borderline disordered. She was diagnosed with schizophrenia at a time when BPD was sometimes called ambulatory schizophrenia, pseudoneurotic schizophrenia, or borderline insanity.

Last edited by newerabuzz; 07-02-2014 at 10:01 AM..

Old 07-02-2014, 05:56 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newerabuzz View Post
Celebrities who likely have (or had) borderline personality disorder
Princess Diana, of course
Courtney Love
Winona Ryder
Angelina Jolie
Kurt Cobain
Elizabeth Wurtzel
Heather Mills
Charlie Sheen
Dennis Rodman
Amy Winehouse
Britney Spears
Lindsay Lohan
Pete Doherty
Marilyn Monroe *
Zelda Fitzgerald
Where did you get your information? Just because someone has a trait of something does not mean that h/she actually qualifies for a diagnosis. Websites speculating that a celebrity has some sort of disorder does not indicate that the person actually has it.

*"While there is no proof of Marilyn Monroe being diagnosed with BPD, many of her actions and behaviors are indicative of the disorder. Promiscuity, taking drugs and suicidal ideation are some of the criteria Monroe fits for the diagnosis."Famous People With Borderline Personality Disorder | eHow

Old 07-02-2014, 06:39 PM

Of course this information is 'assumed' its not from their therapist. The information on Zelda Fitzgerald today is pretty much common knowledge. Back in the 20s and 30s Borderline 'Disorder' was confused with Schizophrenia .

I suffer from Borderline PD- having at least 6-7 of the traits in the DSM V- today there are many reasons to hope In the recovery of these patients. DBT and other new therapies give those with BPD a shot at a better life- for me its been a wonderful ride thus far- hopefully I can make a full recovery.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:08 AM

43 posts, read 40,017 times
That's funny about the writers on the celebrity list. I myself used to write professionally and freelance opinions, but have since moved on to other areas and don't really write anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology