Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 09:52 AM

734 posts, read 1,081,797 times

Advertisements

I put this in the psychology forum because I think people who do things just out of spite or to annoy others are just hateful and miserable and they want other people to be miserable.

I had a co-worker who every time it was time for me to begin my lunch break, she would get up and go to the bathroom or just make sure she was away from her desk. If she was gone, it meant I would have to answer the phone if it rang, meaning I couldn't take my lunchbreak on time.
I would have to fax paperwork and I would do it at the same time every day. She would make sure to start doing hers at the same time, hogging the fax so I couldn't use it.

Now she is gone, my supervisor makes sure that I don't get a decent lunch. She will leave the office right at my lunch time and be gone for 2 hours, so that means I have to still answer the phone, etc during my lunch.
She even turned up the temperature on the fridge so that my lunch and yogurt would freeze. SMH.

What the hell do people have against me taking my lunch? Do their lives suck that much that the only joy they get out of their day is to try to make mine a living hell?

Share your experiences with spiteful people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 10:00 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,284,410 times
Are you perhaps exceptionally good looking and these other women are not so good looking? I know that is one reason women will be nasty to other women.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:23 AM

734 posts, read 1,081,797 times
I don't want to sound stuck-up but, I am pretty. At least that's what I am told by men and women LOL, and I am quiet and stay to myself, so maybe that's why they are nasty to me? Maybe they think I am stuck up, but that is not the case. I am just not open and trusting as I used to be, due to being burned by "friends" more than once before. One of them looks like humpty dumpty and the other one told me that "light skin black women are not in style anymore" so you can draw your own conclusions from that.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:30 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,372,767 times
My experiences?

I just feel so very very sorry for them.
Spiritually and emotionally immature people.
Living with unresolved inner conflicts.
Acting like a 2nd grader on the playground. Tsk,tsk.

I stay away from them...if I truly cared, I would pray for them...but
I'm too busy being healthy and happy and being a nice person having a good time in my life.

To talk about them just keeps one in that vibration of ickiness...(anger, disappointment in people..).
Not worth losing any happiness.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:47 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,284,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored chick View Post
I don't want to sound stuck-up but, I am pretty. At least that's what I am told by men and women LOL, and I am quiet and stay to myself, so maybe that's why they are nasty to me? Maybe they think I am stuck up, but that is not the case. I am just not open and trusting as I used to be, due to being burned by "friends" more than once before. One of them looks like humpty dumpty and the other one told me that "light skin black women are not in style anymore" so you can draw your own conclusions from that.
Well I have listened to not-so-good-looking women "spew forth" nasty and hateful comments about other women who are good looking (currently in "style" or not ). I can't imagine anything you can do that would get them to suddenly like you? Maybe some of the women here can suggest something...

Old 06-30-2014, 09:31 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,200,354 times
Sometimes we only THINK the world is revolving around us when it's really not. Have you mentioned this behavior to the offenders? Have you just taken your lunch and let the chips fall where they may? I would.

Last edited by Ceece; 06-30-2014 at 09:41 PM..

Old 06-30-2014, 09:39 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,825,964 times
There are a lot of people like that. It's best to give the benefit of the doubt for your own sanity if nothing else, unless you know them and how they are. But yes, they're sad miserable people. Think of the energy it takes to be that way.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:44 PM

5,520 posts, read 8,766,208 times
The thing I've seen at jobs with really snarky, spiteful bad people is that they usually manage to hang themselves. As long as the office or company where you and this other woman work isn't 100% dysfunctional, her bad behavior will eventually be apparent to coworkers and bosses and sooner or later it will do her in. I've seen this happen more than once, and it's a nice feeling to come into an office one day and see an empty desk where the small-minded, incompetent, nasty a-hole used to sit.

Until she manages to put herself out the door, however, do two things: First ask her civilly to keep to schedule so you can eat and work when you're supposed to. Don't fight or raise your voice. Just ask. See what happens after a week two. If it improves, case closed.

If not, you take the SPECIFIC complaints to your manager, and tell him/her that you tried to iron it out with her, but it's not working and you'd appreciate some help now. You can cite examples from the past few weeks. And you MUST make that conversation about work, and nothing but work. Nothing about she doesn't like you, or you don't like her, or anything like that. Just about how you can't get your work done because of her behavior.

Unless your manager is an idiot, things will change. If your boss IS an idiot and they don't, it's time to look for a new job.

Only thing that might gum up things is if there is a racial angle involved specifically with this person. If that's the case you go to the supervisor immediately and talk it out -- and send him/her an email about it, so there is a record if worse comes to worse and the whole thing ends up in court.

Bottom line; You can't worry about what she does or control it. Just take care of yourself.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:13 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,758,749 times
I suspect it is some sort of personality disorder. For some people, screwing the other guy is their reason for living. An angry and small way of thinking, but sadly not uncommon. For some people it is all about "winning."

Old 07-01-2014, 01:16 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,413,622 times
I say stay away. Some people have psychopathic tendencies. They love watching others suffer, yet the proclaim themselves to be people persons who love others and engage in outdoorsy activities like they're really down to earth?

You never know with people.

Just do what you do, and do your best. If haters want to hate, let them. Waste of space.

Life's too short and too much to offer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology