Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2014, 03:51 AM

207 posts, read 498,028 times

Advertisements

I currently am having anxiety about alot of things in my life and what usually relieves me from my anxiety is me thinking of girls of all sorts. But for some reason, I haven't been caring about certain types of women, particularly foreign women at all right now.

That being said, want to know whether guys lose interest in types of women completely with that interest/fetish never coming back or not. From what I have heard, there is always a reason behind losing interest in someone or something and that a person cannot lose interest for no reason at all.

I certainly hope this is the case! At lease in my case. I have fetishes for all types of women, particularly foreign women I.E. European Women. I do NOT want to lose interest in a type of woman for no reason. That would just be absurd!

Maybe it's just the fact that I got a lot of things going on in my life right now such as moving to another state and leaving my job on a high note, etc that I can't conjure up those feelings for types of women that I like, such as European women.

I wish someone could help me with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 06:28 AM

Is anyone going to reply to this thread?

Old 07-18-2014, 07:28 AM

1,935 posts, read 4,777,702 times
I don't think people lose interest in a type of woman for NO REASON. There is always a reason... and if the man really digs that type of woman, it has to be a REALLY GOOD REASON.

You mentioned foreign women. What could be good reasons for losing interest? I don't know. I dated a foreign woman one time (she lived in the USA) and the major problem for us was inability to communicate, since she didn't know English all that well and I didn't know her language at all. That could eventually turn a man off from foreign women. What else? I dated a Mexican girl once, though she was born and raised in the USA. Her parents were immigrants. We ended up having many a culture clash, where she had certain expectations of me which were essentially instilled into her by her parents, and I didn't like those expectations.

Be that as it may, I don't think this ever happens. Men like what they like, and that doesn't change capriciously.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:56 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
i think the first thing you need to do is eliminate the anxieties from your life. they cloud your mind, and you use your fantasies of women to clear the clouds, but that is temporary.

Old 07-18-2014, 02:08 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,972,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethalstad View Post
I currently am having anxiety about alot of things in my life and what usually relieves me from my anxiety is me thinking of girls of all sorts. But for some reason, I haven't been caring about certain types of women, particularly foreign women at all right now.

That being said, want to know whether guys lose interest in types of women completely with that interest/fetish never coming back or not. From what I have heard, there is always a reason behind losing interest in someone or something and that a person cannot lose interest for no reason at all.

I certainly hope this is the case! At lease in my case. I have fetishes for all types of women, particularly foreign women I.E. European Women. I do NOT want to lose interest in a type of woman for no reason. That would just be absurd!

Maybe it's just the fact that I got a lot of things going on in my life right now such as moving to another state and leaving my job on a high note, etc that I can't conjure up those feelings for types of women that I like, such as European women.

Coolidge effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe this is you?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wSF82AwSDiU

Old 07-18-2014, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post
I don't think people lose interest in a type of woman for NO REASON. There is always a reason... and if the man really digs that type of woman, it has to be a REALLY GOOD REASON.

You mentioned foreign women. What could be good reasons for losing interest? I don't know. I dated a foreign woman one time (she lived in the USA) and the major problem for us was inability to communicate, since she didn't know English all that well and I didn't know her language at all. That could eventually turn a man off from foreign women. What else? I dated a Mexican girl once, though she was born and raised in the USA. Her parents were immigrants. We ended up having many a culture clash, where she had certain expectations of me which were essentially instilled into her by her parents, and I didn't like those expectations.

Be that as it may, I don't think this ever happens. Men like what they like, and that doesn't change capriciously.
So what you are saying is that it is not possible to lose interest in a type of woman such as my fetish for Eastern European women? Is that correct?

Old 07-19-2014, 08:49 AM

1,935 posts, read 4,777,702 times
Quote:
So what you are saying is that it is not possible to lose interest in a type of woman such as my fetish for Eastern European women? Is that correct?
I don't think it qualifies as a "fetish". It's a perfectly legitimate taste. If you like Eastern European women, you are never going to lose interest in them completely no matter what happens. You may reason, in your mind, that there are better types of women to pursue (for whatever reason), but if you're attracted to Eastern European women, you'll always be attracted to them.

And I can prove that what I say is true, through anecdotal evidence from my own life.

I'm attracted to tall fat women. Always have been, back as far as my memory serves (to age 2). I could give you plenty of reasons why there are "better" types of women for a guy like me. I'm a very active person, and I've never found a fat woman who can keep up with me. ("A few extra pounds" isn't "fat". If you aren't at least a size 16, you aren't "fat"... at least not in my definition.) I'm a very healthy person, fat women almost always have health issues related to their weight even in young adulthood. I live life logically, fat women usually have head issues (brought on by the unwarranted brutal treatment they receive from their peers, and society in general, from an early age) that prove bothersome.

But I am attracted to fat women... especially if they're tall.

I tried for many years to change my tastes, due to one or more of the above reasons and/or others I didn't list. I dated thin women. I dated short women. I couldn't change my tastes. Screw the reasoning, I like tall fat women. Should I ever find myself in the dating world again (which I imagine carries a very low probability as I am married), and I try dating a woman who is not tall and fat, I will not be able to change the instantaneous mental attraction I would have to that big six-footer who happens into my field of view. I may do nothing about it but the instantaneous attraction would be there.

And that's the same thing that will happen to you. You may date other women but you won't be able to turn off that instant "oooh!" that occurs in your mind when you see an Eastern European woman. It's not a fetish; it's your tastes. No need to apologize for your tastes nor be embarrassed by them. If your life circumstances seem to be affecting your level of attraction to women, that's plenty normal. You have other stuff on your mind. It doesn't mean that your taste in women is changing.

See, right now, if I do have that instantaneous attraction to someone I see, I can immediately quash it because the woman I have is better-looking. (I'm not just saying that either. My wife is gorgeous. I've never seen another woman whose looks I'd rather she have.) If I weren't dating someone of my tastes, I would think, in the privacy of my own thoughts, that I wish my woman had her own personality traits but the other woman's looks. Think about it like this. Say you order healthy food at a restaurant. You have your reasons for ordering that salad. But then one of the guys in your group orders steak. When the food is delivered, the smell of that steak is heavenly. You take every bite of your salad wishing it could taste like that steak. You think "but... but... my salad has less calories... it's better for me... it's a better choice than...... than......... oh man, STEAK!! STEAK STEAK STEAK!!! I WANT STEAK!!!"

It's one thing to do that with food. It's quite another to do it with a human being. If your non-Eastern European girlfriend found out that you were secretly ogling Eastern European women when you saw them, even if not for long and even if not intentionally, she wouldn't be happy. She'd be deeply hurt, and rightfully so.

Again, this happened to me.

Once, in college, I was dating a girl who preferred men who looked different from me. I found this out the day before I dumped her. She told me "my ideal man is tall, dark and British". To this day, 15 years later, I STILL don't know how she could have brought herself to say that. I'm tall, but I'm a medium-toned white guy (not unusually pale but not suntanned either) and I'm as American as it gets. Some of my heritage is British but I have never been to the UK and I don't speak with a British accent. Needless to say, when I found out that I was only one out of the three things she wanted, I got mad. My immediate reaction was "Well, I'm only one of the three, so what are you doing with me?"... her response was "Oh, that's just a fantasy. You're my reality." In essence, she was saying "I don't know if I will ever get what I REALLY want, so I'm settling for you." You know why I found this out on the day before I dumped her? Because I dumped her the next day due to this. Not wanting to do anything rash, I took a day to think it over... and then dumped her the next day. That is bullcrap. I'm not going to be the guy for whom some lady settles.

So... you just keep on pursuing those Eastern European women. Heck, you have one major-league ace in the hole... if you have difficulty finding an Eastern European woman in America whom you can date, there are bazillions of them in Eastern European countries who would love to come to America as the fiancee or wife of an American! You could always go out there, have your pick of plenty of them, and then if you find one you want to keep, bring her to America with you and make her Mrs. Aethalstad!

Old 07-19-2014, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post
I don't think it qualifies as a "fetish". It's a perfectly legitimate taste. If you like Eastern European women, you are never going to lose interest in them completely no matter what happens. You may reason, in your mind, that there are better types of women to pursue (for whatever reason), but if you're attracted to Eastern European women, you'll always be attracted to them.

And I can prove that what I say is true, through anecdotal evidence from my own life.

I'm attracted to tall fat women. Always have been, back as far as my memory serves (to age 2). I could give you plenty of reasons why there are "better" types of women for a guy like me. I'm a very active person, and I've never found a fat woman who can keep up with me. ("A few extra pounds" isn't "fat". If you aren't at least a size 16, you aren't "fat"... at least not in my definition.) I'm a very healthy person, fat women almost always have health issues related to their weight even in young adulthood. I live life logically, fat women usually have head issues (brought on by the unwarranted brutal treatment they receive from their peers, and society in general, from an early age) that prove bothersome.

But I am attracted to fat women... especially if they're tall.

I tried for many years to change my tastes, due to one or more of the above reasons and/or others I didn't list. I dated thin women. I dated short women. I couldn't change my tastes. Screw the reasoning, I like tall fat women. Should I ever find myself in the dating world again (which I imagine carries a very low probability as I am married), and I try dating a woman who is not tall and fat, I will not be able to change the instantaneous mental attraction I would have to that big six-footer who happens into my field of view. I may do nothing about it but the instantaneous attraction would be there.

And that's the same thing that will happen to you. You may date other women but you won't be able to turn off that instant "oooh!" that occurs in your mind when you see an Eastern European woman. It's not a fetish; it's your tastes. No need to apologize for your tastes nor be embarrassed by them. If your life circumstances seem to be affecting your level of attraction to women, that's plenty normal. You have other stuff on your mind. It doesn't mean that your taste in women is changing.

See, right now, if I do have that instantaneous attraction to someone I see, I can immediately quash it because the woman I have is better-looking. (I'm not just saying that either. My wife is gorgeous. I've never seen another woman whose looks I'd rather she have.) If I weren't dating someone of my tastes, I would think, in the privacy of my own thoughts, that I wish my woman had her own personality traits but the other woman's looks. Think about it like this. Say you order healthy food at a restaurant. You have your reasons for ordering that salad. But then one of the guys in your group orders steak. When the food is delivered, the smell of that steak is heavenly. You take every bite of your salad wishing it could taste like that steak. You think "but... but... my salad has less calories... it's better for me... it's a better choice than...... than......... oh man, STEAK!! STEAK STEAK STEAK!!! I WANT STEAK!!!"

It's one thing to do that with food. It's quite another to do it with a human being. If your non-Eastern European girlfriend found out that you were secretly ogling Eastern European women when you saw them, even if not for long and even if not intentionally, she wouldn't be happy. She'd be deeply hurt, and rightfully so.

Again, this happened to me.

Once, in college, I was dating a girl who preferred men who looked different from me. I found this out the day before I dumped her. She told me "my ideal man is tall, dark and British". To this day, 15 years later, I STILL don't know how she could have brought herself to say that. I'm tall, but I'm a medium-toned white guy (not unusually pale but not suntanned either) and I'm as American as it gets. Some of my heritage is British but I have never been to the UK and I don't speak with a British accent. Needless to say, when I found out that I was only one out of the three things she wanted, I got mad. My immediate reaction was "Well, I'm only one of the three, so what are you doing with me?"... her response was "Oh, that's just a fantasy. You're my reality." In essence, she was saying "I don't know if I will ever get what I REALLY want, so I'm settling for you." You know why I found this out on the day before I dumped her? Because I dumped her the next day due to this. Not wanting to do anything rash, I took a day to think it over... and then dumped her the next day. That is bullcrap. I'm not going to be the guy for whom some lady settles.

So... you just keep on pursuing those Eastern European women. Heck, you have one major-league ace in the hole... if you have difficulty finding an Eastern European woman in America whom you can date, there are bazillions of them in Eastern European countries who would love to come to America as the fiancee or wife of an American! You could always go out there, have your pick of plenty of them, and then if you find one you want to keep, bring her to America with you and make her Mrs. Aethalstad!
Thank you so much for clearing things up for me! It really helped! My favorite type women are dark brown-haired, blue-eyed Russian women and I have no intention of losing interest in them! Thanks to your advice, I now know that I won't lose my interest/attraction to Russian women

Old 07-19-2014, 07:09 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,021,530 times
Quote:

The answer is yes. And it's not just men. Tastes change.

As a pre-teen I used to have a huge thing for light skinned Hispanic girls. Don't know why. I just did. I think Lighter Shade of Brown had a lot to do with that since I listened to them all the time.

That's not to now say I wouldn't date one, but it's not forefront of my mind like it once was.

As a young adult I switched up, started favoring women who had a specific body shape/type. Again, I still like that, but it's not as hard-and-fast a requirement as it once was.

In my late 20's I started favoring Asian women. Again, don't know specifically why, but I'd met quite a few at work that I got along with at least. Maybe it triggered something inside. Now, I still like Asian women, but having seen the other side of their personalities, makes me nervous to ever date one.

In my 30's I only really have three things that I've always preferred and still prefer. Everything else doesn't matter much.
  1. Shorter than me
  2. In shape (i.e. she should look more slender than I do)
  3. Good fashion sense

Simple. Whereas before I would look for specific weight ranges, specific hair styles, specific voices, even specific races. As I aged I just stopped caring about that stuff mostly because it wasn't resulting in a better experience anyway when I did find it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology