Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2014, 10:46 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,420,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Eh, We like them. We drive what we want to drive. I like to haul trees, plants, mulch, furniture, and home improvement items. They won't fit in a little car.

I don't drive a vehicle to please anyone but myself.
Yes, I agree. I would only ruin a girlie car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 10:48 PM

291 posts, read 392,510 times
To answer OP's question directly:

My mother made me learn to drive in a truck with a stick shift. She said if I couldn't drive that I couldn't really drive.

Now, my mom was at one time the cutest blond girl with big girls you've ever seen. Total California girl. But she's really good with cars. She changed her own oil until we left the house and my grandpa made her learn to change a tire before she was allowed to borrow the family car. She did the same for me.

Frankly, I'm more of a computer girl and I don't have the time for cars, so I have little Japanese commuter cars, automatics, and I take them to Jiffy Lube and Les Schwab for all the work.

But I'll be forever glad that my mom taught me the basics just in case.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:01 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,162,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuario View Post
The OP must be mad that truck nutz are illegal in SC.
The funny thing about "truck nutz" is that the trucks that display them don't have any actual nuts - they're all show and no go.

It's hard to keep from laughing at a guy who spent thousands of dollars on a lift kit, LED lights, and big rims & tires, while foregoing a chip/tuner, keeping the factory exhaust, and not even replacing the Fram in the airbox with a K&N.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:37 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,688,440 times
Why do girls drive trucks!??

Maybe so that the wimpy boys will have more to cry and whine about on the internet?

Old 07-17-2014, 11:56 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Lol...sheetrock.
The only thing a woman should ever fix is her makeup.

Otherwise she is a bull dyke.
Really? Thanks for letting me know. Maybe you should check out my pic.

The house I'm remodeling now is my 5th btw. And I carry sheetrock quite often.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:24 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
There's only one way to find out...

thanks slowpoke, now you got me thinking about owning a truck again someday

Old 07-18-2014, 02:48 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalbum View Post
A feminine woman would not drive a 4x4 truck, it's simple.
Huh?

Old 07-18-2014, 03:50 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Really? Thanks for letting me know. Maybe you should check out my pic.

The house I'm remodeling now is my 5th btw. And I carry sheetrock quite often.

Cool..I love remodeling. I have a Jeep and a trailer and I really miss my truck. Wanna come pick up a 1/2" sheet of plywood for me today? I may have to cut it down at the lumber yard just so I don't have to drag the trailer with me.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:18 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,176,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalbum View Post
A feminine woman would not drive a 4x4 truck, it's simple.
A confident feminine woman drives whatever the hell she wants.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:46 AM

223 posts, read 300,313 times
I have an acquaintance who has always purchased trucks or manly "muscle" cars. I asked her why she does this rather than buying a pretty car that she really likes. She said she does it to attract men. She said if men are attracted to your car, they might stop and talk to you. My retort was that if men are attracted to you, they might stop and talk to you!

I rode with this lady in her car once. When at the stop light, there were some very young guys in the car in the next lane. She sat there revving up her engine and looking sideways trying to get them to look at her. She was acting like a total goon, and she was at least 50 years old at the time. I was so embarrassed for her. I guess she is desperate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology