Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 07:49 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,589,068 times

Advertisements

I'm with Oprah. Have to be home in private to do my thing.

No Rules OWN Season 25 - Video

Not even this spray would help.

Girls Don’t Poop – Poopourri.com | Poo~Pourri | Spritz the bowl before you go and no one else will ever know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 08:55 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,608,624 times
Remember that smell just escaped from deep inside someones colon.

oooooo that smell! can't you smell that smell........

Old 07-21-2014, 10:06 PM

11,987 posts, read 8,324,035 times
In the 1600s King Louis XIII had a toilet bowl built directly into his throne. That way, if things were slow in producing satisfactory results, he could hold court at the same time.

Many kings had a Groom of the Stool whose duty it was to make sure the convenience was available at all times, clean and furnished with the necessities. While you'd think this was a lowly position it was actually an enviable one often held by nobility. For this person spent some of the King's most private moments with him and was often privy to the royal secrets.

Apparently when you're King you don't have to worry about what other people think about your poo.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:54 PM

814 posts, read 2,038,669 times
I can never shoot one through the hoop with out one of my cats busting the door open if not properly shut. they will keep scratching a the door till i let them in. then they want you to pet the hell out of them while you doing your business. the one cat loves to paws up on the toilet seat if I don't get the lid shut in time to watch it going down the chute
just remember no matter what it is you smell, when you smell it you know that the molecules of the usually offending stench are now in your nasal cavity or you would not be smelling it.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:45 PM

18,762 posts, read 11,757,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
id rather run in the woods than use a public restroom

its serious business , even in your own home..

I could show 12 houses to a potential buyer and the woman always wants to see the bathroom, and if she doesn't like it,,,doesn't matter what he/hubby thinks

ive shown many camps thru the years, and their is one word that is a deal-killer , that word is out-house
even tho it can be private,,,,,,unless the lady grew up with an outhouse,,no way does she want to use one

Outhouses in the poring rain with lightening all around you on a dark scary night. Kill me now.

Old 07-22-2014, 03:13 AM

552 posts, read 1,052,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
There's something else dogs do with their poop that we don't, thank goodness.

I want to thank everyone who doesn't poop at businesses. I can't stand to go into the bathroom at a restaurant or anywhere and smell someones poop, and I wouldn't do that to you either unless it was an emergency. The last place I worked, if there was a problem that required the janitor, he wouldn't go into the womens bathroom after lunch, because a lot of the women hit it hard right after lunch. He would wait a few hours . But, a lot of the teen girls today don't care. I've heard them say things that I had only heard men say previously, about their "stuff". They talk about having to go take a "dump", and pass gas in front of people. When I was a teenager, we would explode before we did that in front of a guy!
ETA: I learned a new phrase from a teen girl recently about this. She grabbed her stomach and said " I've got to go drop a couple of deuces." I learned from Jessica Simpson ( when she was on tv) she said she had to go drop a couple of kids off at the pool. She had another phrase she used about going to potty that I don't remember.
>There's something else dogs do with their poop that we don't, thank goodness.<

It's 3:40 AM an I'm reading this tread for reasons unknown Thanks for a good belly laugh.
There's an acronym for that: "Eat S*** and bark at the moon" ESABATM

When I was a kid, and the world was all shiny and new in the 60's, I had a job parking cars at a new car dealership. I had a number of girlfriends (mostly just friends) who would sometimes drop in for a coke in our coffee shop. One old service mechanic and militant Hardcore Fundamentalist Christian seemed to object to my girlfriends, making comments about my harem and late night ramblings.

So, one day in the coffee shop during lunch he said all I was good for was EatingSABarkingATM. In the early 60's kids as a rule didn't sass or confront adults. I had just finished reading J. L. Kipling's "Beast & Man in India." I'd had it at work and often read after lunch in the car bay area. Maybe that's where he came up with the harem notion. At any rate, the timing was perfect, as I got up to leave, - with blithe indifference I retorted, "Dogs may bark but the caravan moves on."
Full text of "Beast and man in India ; a popular sketch of Indian animals in their relations with the people"

He was brain-locked, a few people laughed and talked about it the rest of the day. The next day, mid-morning, I was summonsed to the front and the owner's office. He asked me about my remark. I was direct and straight forward but with respect. He said, " Well .... we called you in for a little raise, not that that had anything to do with your raise."

Thereafter, Mr. Hardcore Fundamentalist didn't direct any remarks towards me, he just glared. Often when I see a dog doing that - it reminds me of my first raise and the story I regaled my girlfriends with that summer.

Your reserve and decorum while pointing out facts prompted this ridiculous post at 4:02 AM.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:47 AM

2,678 posts, read 2,086,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Outhouses in the poring rain with lightening all around you on a dark scary night. Kill me now.
Then you would need to have a chamberpot stowed under the bed.

Old 07-22-2014, 05:32 AM

6,415 posts, read 1,410,613 times
Who care's about what a dog does?!!! This is about human beings being scared to use the john in public.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:15 AM

732 posts, read 965,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I have this problem. It's nearly impossible for me to poop at public, multi stall restrooms. I pretty much have to be in pain before I do that. In a private restroom at a business, I'm OK, but still nervous that someone will interrrupt me by turning the handle or knocking on the door, so I hurry as much as possible.
The slang around here for a person who keeps trying to open the stall or bathroom door when someone's busy going is called a 'turd burglar'. Seriously, I didn't make it up!

Last edited by 3rdGen SFan; 07-22-2014 at 06:31 AM..

Old 07-22-2014, 07:03 AM

2,828 posts, read 4,330,125 times
You might be interested in knowing that the poop of meat eaters is smellier than that of vegetarians. The protein (amino acids) in meat is very high in sulfides compared to the protein from plant sources and so the gases and poop itself from the meat eaters smells worse. That happens after the bacteria in the intestine get through doing a number on the wastes and converting the stuff to hydrogen sulfide. So next time you walk into a real stinky bathroom you will at least have some idea about the eating habits of the person that preceded you. Of course, that won't help much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology