Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 09:35 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times

Advertisements

I like redheads. Love curls over straight hair too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 09:57 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier77 View Post
I am a natural color lover. I tend to prefer brunettes, but I don´t really care as long as its natural. So I don´t really understand the psychology of women who dye their hair blonde....they look so unnatural and fake.

What's the reason?
I'm guessing the reason is... that they prefer having blonde hair. Shocking, no?

Simple personal preferences. Maybe those reasons are aesthetic. Maybe they're professional. Maybe it's a combination of those and other mundane and ordinary human preference determination. These things are generally why people make grooming choices. Do you think there's a deep psychological reason why you do/don't use a sharp piece of metal to scrape the hairs off you face? I mean, other than preferring bean clean shaven/having a beard?

The more interesting question is this:
What's the psychology of people who can't comprehend the fact that it is perfectly normal for others have different subjective preferences than they do?

Old 07-23-2014, 10:15 AM

11,785 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Some of us who now appear to have brown hair, actually were born with platinum blonde hair.. but time and age turn it darker. So we like to brighten up our hair because thats what we were born with.
That was me, white blonde, which changed over time to an ashy/mousy brown. The ash in my hair makes me look very blah, and my face drawn/sallow, so blonde highlights and a medium brown lowlight even it all out and I look brighter and healthier overall.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:03 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,808,660 times
I was meant to be a blonde. To be fair, I would never go back to as blonde as it was the first time I dyed it. That was way too light so I know it needs to mesh well. I also don't dye it fully, just put in some highlights
I had a teacher that called me a blonde and this was way before I decided to ever dye my hair so yeah I have the personality of a "dumb blonde" so I'm just trying to match my internal hair color.
Also I get bored of my hair. It's a pretty common color to me and that is why most women probably do it. They just want to do something different with their hair.
I haven't dyed it lately though because I don't really have the money or commitment to do it much but when I do that is why.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:33 PM

9,908 posts, read 9,579,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
That was me, white blonde, which changed over time to an ashy/mousy brown. The ash in my hair makes me look very blah, and my face drawn/sallow, so blonde highlights and a medium brown lowlight even it all out and I look brighter and healthier overall.

Me too!! waaahh how did our hair go from that pretty platinum blonde to the now mousy stuff

I think put some highlights in, and it instantly makes us feel brighter! especially framing the face!

I just bought a spray bottle of "Sun in" and Im going to see what happens when i go out over the weekend.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:36 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier77 View Post
I am a natural color lover. I tend to prefer brunettes, but I don´t really care as long as its natural. So I don´t really understand the psychology of women who dye their hair blonde....they look so unnatural and fake.

What's the reason?
A lot of western men have an obsession with yellow hair because the media plays it up a lot?

Old 07-24-2014, 07:37 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
psychology

you can do it.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:36 PM

823 posts, read 1,973,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
A lot of western men have an obsession with yellow hair because the media plays it up a lot?

I agree, Sarita. Look for example Mexico. Most people are mestizo, a mixture of Native American and European. There is just a minority of people who is 100 per cent of European stock , called criollos...but if you watch their movies and tv programs you would think criollos are the majority of people in Mexico, blondes with blue eyes are the norm.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:57 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,554,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Blonds are more attractive.
It's the thing with blonds and males.
Look at say Christina Aguillera. She did carrier as a blond, then tried going dark hair - but for short moment, and the very moment ratings swung in opposite direction, she was back to "blond".
I could not find any proof to that, but back in my times working in AL, I heard a radio DJ say on one of the local stations, that to become a prostitute in ancient Roam, the only requirement was to be blond. Once again, it was only him talking, but I'd not be surprised that to be the fact.
Redheads were considered witches and at some point, they were almost completely burnt out in Medieval Europe.
Out in history subforum, someone posted that Japanese considered a red hair person a chosen by god one. They allegedly let a red haired POW to walk away, unharmed, from the deadly Batan Match.
That's the power of color.

Most studies that have been done have guys preferring brunettes - look it up.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:44 PM

823 posts, read 1,973,726 times
I love the natural beauty of women like Trinity in The Matrix, (Carry Ann Moss)... long black hair, so soft and nice, mmmmmmm, that's my dream woman.

The thought of caresseing a womans hair and get my hands stained with dye is a turn off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology