Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 08:19 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
My natural color was medium brown, I went dark blonde because my hair has turned gray, and blonde blends better with my gray roots. It also flatters my skin tone, as another poster upthread has mentioned. Older ladies don't look good with dark hair, especially when it looks really fake. I really dislike that Maleficent look. Blonde looks more natural. Here, judge for yourself:
That hair color looks as natural as if you'd been born with it. Super good choice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2014, 09:38 PM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier77 View Post
I said "the thought", I was not talking literally....I've caressed many womens hair, when there's chemicals between my hand and their body it makes the experience a bit processed, artificial, like drinking bottled water instead of drinking pure icy water from a high mountain creek.
And if they used body lotion before the date, which most women do, guess what, they have chemicals between your hand and their body. I don't get it, but to each his own. So I guess women who have perms, or get their hair straightened, or use mousse or gel in their hair, they are all "unnatural" too.

Old 07-25-2014, 11:10 PM

233 posts, read 344,659 times
It's a combination of Nordicism and Victorian social ideals. Nordicism is European belief in the superiority of Scandinavians because their unique features (like blonde hair) are found mostly within Europe. This belief fused with Victorian Era (late 19th century) conceptualizations of women as innocent defenders of virtue. As a result, the 'blonde woman' came to represent the most innocent, most beautiful element of society within the white European world. Therefore, men sought them out more for sex and marriage, and women attempted to emulate with dye. The effect continues through today, but it seems to be dying in the United States for younger generations with more interracial marriage and multiculturalism.

Old 07-26-2014, 01:27 AM

823 posts, read 1,974,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
And if they used body lotion before the date, which most women do, guess what, they have chemicals between your hand and their body. I don't get it, but to each his own. So I guess women who have perms, or get their hair straightened, or use mousse or gel in their hair, they are all "unnatural" too.

Perms are a big no-no. A woman must be hot as hell to catch my attention if she happens to have a dyed perm. It reminds me of Sidekick Bob, some sort of chaotic jungle on her head.

If the woman tamed her hair and straightens it, then it's okay, because it makes the hair more easy to handle, and pull during bed action.

Mousse, gels, and everything in between are not part of this equation, they are just cleaning products and everybody needs them ...although there's something deliciously exciting in the natural raw scent of a woman after a jogging session, her skin all sweaty and wet, a glorious glow,, there's a primal attraction effect.

But I am just talking about my personal tastes, of course everyone has their own tastes which is just natural.

I just happen to wonder why is it so many brunettes think they look better dying their hair....it's hard to dismiss the fact there's a lot of brainwashing going on, involving racial profiling and deep rooted fictional notions of beauty.

Now....here's an example of natural beauty, so elegant, so charming, just the thought of yellow paint on her head gives me the creeps:

Attached Thumbnails
Phichology of women who dye their hair blonde?-carrie_anne_moss.jpg  

Old 07-26-2014, 01:47 AM

By the way, there's nothing wrong with blondes, as long as they are natural blondes, a true beautiful woman doesn´t need to have yellow paint on her head look for example the stunning,almost intoxicating beauty of Amy Smart, aint she an angel? The combination of natural blonde hair, green eyes, freckles and big lips is just a work of art. If I had to choose between her and Carry Anne Moss I'd be dammed.

Old 07-26-2014, 03:36 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,862,705 times
Quote:
I am a natural color lover. I tend to prefer brunettes, but I don´t really care as long as its natural. So I don´t really understand the psychology of women who dye their hair blonde....they look so unnatural and fake.
A bad dye job looks unnatural and fake. You've probably seen a bunch of good fake blondes without having any idea they were fake.

Old 07-26-2014, 08:53 AM

6,292 posts, read 10,599,904 times
Quote:

The thought of caresseing a womans hair and get my hands stained with dye is a turn off.
Unless you're doing this while it's being dyed that's never going to happen

Old 07-26-2014, 08:56 AM

6,292 posts, read 10,599,904 times
I'd love to see a picture of the OP lol

Old 07-26-2014, 09:53 AM

213 posts, read 376,982 times
I was born with darn brown hair and blue eyes. I always loved it. I never colored my hair until my grays started taking over. I started out by highlighting my hair and it evolved into a blond streaked/light brown look. Do I like it? Not really. I do it out of necessity. I'd rather be a brunette to match my sassy personality but I don't want to show my grays and look like an old lady. I can't really color it dark brown any more because my roots start to show within a week.

Old 07-26-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
I'd love to see a picture of the OP lol

And why is that? Am I supposed to be a supermodel just because I happen to think that natural beauty is more appealing than pimped beauty?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology