Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 05:33 AM

403 posts, read 666,552 times

Advertisements

There are so many:

1. Charmers and manipulators-I was forced to work with several with it seeming as if I was the only one who was fully aware of them and eventually quitting as they were able to get away with it (everybody else loved them when I was able to see right through their smiles and so-called beauty). I was always their personal punching bag for them to take out their rage/hostility on while nobody else was looking (was eventually threatened), and I refuse to go back to that. I've seen this several times in real life with it being a shame that these people exist.

2. Hypocrites-There are far too many people that will call somebody out on something when I've caught them doing the exact same thing. I will take their criticism, but they should look in the mirror and perhaps they'd wake up.

3. Overly paranoid individuals who think that people are out to get them even when it's proven to not be the case. If you're so paranoid then just ignore the individual instead of ruining it for the person.

4. People who refuse to admit that they're wrong (especially when proven). Nobody will judge you if you're wrong, and not admitting to it when proven will just make you come off as even more foolish.

5. Overly opinionated individuals as I've dealt with many who can't take it when one disagrees with them and who actually believe that their opinions are facts.

6. People who blame their mistakes on others and refuse to learn from them.

7. People who hold others back on their previous mistakes when they've changed (if it's a legit change that is). It's okay to be reminded of them, but acting as if they're still doing them years later will make them more likely to repeat them.

8. Anybody who violates ones privacy thinking that it's okay to do so.

9. People who don't mind their own business (even when asked).

What types of people do you dislike?

Last edited by Seahawksfan33; 07-25-2014 at 05:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2014, 06:08 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,432,633 times
I would say hypocrites but I believe everyone, including myself, is one at one time or another.

Inconsiderate people.

Elitists

Those who allow the smallest bit of power, fame or money go to their heads.

People who let their kids behave unruly and loudly in public and think it's cute.

Politicians

People with entitlement mentality

Superficial people

Materialistic people

Old 07-25-2014, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeMargeSentMe View Post
I would say hypocrites but I believe everyone, including myself, is one at one time or another.

Inconsiderate people.

Elitists

Those who allow the smallest bit of power, fame or money go to their heads.

People who let their kids behave unruly and loudly in public and think it's cute.

Politicians

People with entitlement mentality

Superficial people

Materialistic people

1. Agreed.

2. Yes, but to some extent it's okay (as long as the person is willing to listen to others and isn't a complete Narcissist who thinks that just because of the fact that they're a leader that it means that they're superior to others).

3. I agree, and I hate it when they don't listen to advice and think that they're superior to others because of it and when they believe that it gives them the right to be rude to others.

4. I agree, but sometimes it's out of their control.

5. It's the arrogant ones who are overly opinionated online/in real life that would harm others for disagreeing with them that also can't respect others opinions that give them the negative reputation. Otherwise there's nothing wrong with being a politician in my opinion.

6. I agree.

7. I agree, but a lot are simply wired to make those first impressions with it being out of their control. I care about how I look, but I'm never self righteous over it.

8. I agree, and I always associate that with kindness/popularity as well. I've dealt with so many people who have done the "Look at how you're all nice to this guy when I did this, but you're ignoring me! I'm so unpopular!" many times to me when I get respect. A genuine kind person isn't kind just for a thank you or for other things, and I don't see why others don't realize that. I tell them to earn their popular the right way if they really want it or to find different groups of people if they're getting unfairly ignored. I also hate it when they feel the need to bring down others because of this.

Old 07-25-2014, 06:38 AM

Three others:

1. Sociopath's/Psychopath's-I get that they can't help it as they were born this way with this wiring, and I don't hate them necessarily, but it's more that I don't want them associating with me due to the risk of being harmed. I find it to be a rather sad condition as they're generally permanently this way with them never changing. At least they're not all criminals or harmful (a lot of Sociopath's are actually completely harmless, despite the myth).

2. People who are ignorant with others problems and try to belittle them over it.

3. Anybody who thinks that somebody with a 'disability' is faking it for attention (there are too many people like this who don't ever mind their own business when somebody has a condition and feels the need to ruin it for them by convincing everybody that it's fake with them all of a suddenly being their Psychologist (when they're not) as it's ignorant). If the person has zero clue however, then it's fine. At the same time though, it's not an excuse to commit crimes or be a jerk (if you can help it).

Old 07-25-2014, 07:21 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,053,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawksfan33 View Post

5. Overly opinionated individuals .

Old 07-25-2014, 07:31 AM

11,368 posts, read 9,280,838 times
Liars and backstabbers.

People who do wrong to other humans and animals when it is not deserved. Domestic violence and child abuse falls in that category.

Far right wing religious nuts. But as long as they keep to themselves then okay. Problem is many don't.

Clergy people.

Aggressive drivers and other inconsiderate people.

People who can't take a hint.

Personal attacks on this message board.

Racists and other forms of bigotry.

There is more. Those are right off the top of my head.

Old 07-25-2014, 07:47 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,932,740 times
Debbie Downers
Negative Nancy's
Sad Sally's

You get the drift.... =)

Old 07-25-2014, 08:05 AM

1,322 posts, read 3,474,086 times
I read a long time ago that people will remember how you made them feel long after what you did or said. I can't list people by categories that I find unlikeable because there are a number of different emotions that they can elicit that are negative.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:18 AM

50,367 posts, read 63,964,084 times
OP must have met my BIL.

I don't like adults who are picky eaters.
I wouldn't trust one of those grinning TV evangelists for one second.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:51 AM

1,733 posts, read 2,180,822 times
I really, really, really CAN'T STAND a55holes. Folks who ALWAYS have a mean-spirited, snarky, sarcastic comment, 9 times out of 10 said in front of a large group of people for laughs and to cut the person down; or who make any type of crude, callous comment without thinking ("You're just big and fat, what can I say? I'm just being honest...").

I also don't like psychopaths and crazies who are constantly seeking attention by causing drama or being as outrageous as possible.

I can't stand people without critical thinking skills.

I'm a Christian and I LOVE Jesus, but I am just about sick of easily led, non-critical thinking people who believe every word of what their pastor says, co-signs his foolishness, gives THOUSANDS of dollars to the church in hopes of a "blessing" in return.

I DESPISE people who are busy-bodies, nosy, ask too many questions, and try to control what I do (had a friend like this for a while - she always wanted to know every detail of my business, and if I went ANYWHERE without inviting her she got mad).

Folks who have a pat, simplistic answer who don't even know what the heck they're talking about (example: I have an autoimmune disease that causes arthritis. It is NOT the same as osteoarthritis, but folks always are like, "You just need to try harder. Exercise and take supplements, and you'll get better. And maybe don't even take the medication the doctor prescribes, those medicines are poison..."). Ummmm...NO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology